Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2022 8:11:57 PM EDT
Getting ready for a new Bering Super Hogster and see two nice remote rechargable battery options: The JL MetalWorx remote battery and the TNVC TRB. Both use an Anker battery so I guess it comes down to preference. Anyone used both and have an opinion as to which offers the better mount. It appears both are currently out of stock so I need to wait either way. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/13/2022 10:12:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Will you swap it between different guns?

I do, bought the TRB, eventually ditched the mount, and went with something a little more high-speed.  

A big negative for me is needing a tool to move 'em around between guns, I didn't like the way the mount stuck out, and it doesn't fit the rail on my 10/22.  The rubber bands will get upgraded to a piece of motorcycle tube if I can ever find the right size.  

You want a magnetic connector from the scope too. This wire was replaced with one recently.

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Nitecore makes completely waterproof 5K and 10K packs. I rig my own securing system using 3M Adhesive Backed Rubber Sheet on the packs, and OneWrap straps through the rail.
Link Posted: 1/14/2022 8:32:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nitecore makes completely waterproof 5K and 10K packs. I rig my own securing system using 3M Adhesive Backed Rubber Sheet on the packs, and OneWrap straps through the rail.
View Quote

Running the Nitecore 5k here as well.

Have it in an Olight E-WM25 mount though

Link Posted: 1/14/2022 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I vote for the TRB. It includes an Anker 6700 battery that is cold weather rated. Lots of other brands struggle and don't supply the rated Amps when it gets cold. If you contact Bering, the TRB is the only extended battery pack they recommend. It does require an allen wrench if you wish to move it. However, the offset design makes is useable in a variety of configurations including for helmets, on guns, etc. Here is an example of mounting it on the top of the rail.

As for a magnetic connection mentioned earlier, I would not recommend this. In theory it sounds really good, but there are 3 main issues. No matter how good the connection is, bumping it can cause it to disconnect which seems to happen at the most inopportune times when hunting.  Second, moisture such as frost when it's cold can build up between the connections, and 3rd I have seen the connections spark when connected and cause issues locking up thermal devices. If you go to the Facebook Bering Users Group lots of people complaining about magnetic connections. As a product tester for Night Goggles, I have tried a lot of different options. I recommend a 90° USB C cable of the length that works for you. If you need to disconnect, disconnect the USB from the battery pack to minimize the wear on the thermal port.

Night Goggles provides ARFcom members with a discount on many items including the TRB. Please send a PM for the code.

In addition, Larue clips do a nice job of hiding and keeping cords tucked out of the way.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Running the Nitecore 5k here as well.

Have it in an Olight E-WM25 mount though

https://i.imgur.com/UJCGJaC.jpeg
View Quote

That looks like a nice compact setup.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have the Temp Specs for the Anker 6700 (Powercore II I assume?) - I looked, and even Anker's manual doesn't list them. The Waterproof Nitecore's are rated down to 14°
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:13:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That looks like a nice compact setup.
View Quote

You can get more compact with the Anker 3350 in that same mount if needed.  Don't know it's temp rating and it's definitely not waterproof though.

@KoreyKirsch

Sort of related, but what does the  -14°F temperature rating for the Yoter mean exactly?
Will it get damaged if you try and use it in those temps, just not power on, etc?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:You can get more compact with the Anker 3350 in that same mount if needed.  Don't know it's temp rating and it's definitely not waterproof though.

@KoreyKirsch

Sort of related, but what does the  -14°F temperature rating for the Yoter mean exactly?
Will it get damaged if you try and use it in those temps, just not power on, etc?
View Quote
It means the unit is expected to function if you are operating the thermal down to those temps. I have actually run a Super Hogster in temps down to -30. I wouldn't recommend leaving them in those temps or storing in those temps, but Bering directs heat to components that are most susceptible to cold, so having the unit on helps keep it warm. The Yoter I have used down to around -10 so far.  

-14 or temps like this would recommend a battery larger than 3350 as it won't last very long in those kind of temps.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:53:28 PM EDT
[#9]

I make these out of a generic Amazon qd flashlight mount and cheap 5k anker pack. They work great and I was getting about 7 hours with my super hogster.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It means the unit is expected to function if you are operating the thermal down to those temps. I have actually run a Super Hogster in temps down to -30. I wouldn't recommend leaving them in those temps or storing in those temps, but Bering directs heat to components that are most susceptible to cold, so having the unit on helps keep it warm. The Yoter I have used down to around -10 so far.  

-14 or temps like this would recommend a battery larger than 3350 as it won't last very long in those kind of temps.
View Quote

Appreciate the info, thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
The JL metalworks is nice but it’s picatinny mount so you have to use an adaptor to run it on the side. The TVC looks like it would hang off a little too far for my liking but I’d have to see it.

I used this for my Thermion and it was great. Lite weight and mlok mount kept it close to my handguard. Anker 10k is like $20 on Amazon

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the TRB. To be fair, it’s being used on an Armasight that no one else made a battery pack for, so I didn’t have a lot of options.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I got some after reading your post and it works very well. The pack is absolutely secure and won't move, although this Scotch stick-on pad isn't quite as "grippy" as you'd expect.

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I got some after reading your post and it works very well. The pack is absolutely secure and won't move, although this Scotch stick-on pad isn't quite as "grippy" as you'd expect.

View Quote

Ahhhh! I should have been more specific - I used this:

Adhesive Backed Rubber Sheet

The adhesive is 3M, but they don't make the product. Its pretty grippy - I use it in Kydex Mag Pouch Inserts as well. Don't know how it compares to your product though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The adhesive is 3M, but they don't make the product. Its pretty grippy - I use it in Kydex Mag Pouch Inserts as well. Don't know how it compares to your product though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ordered. I'll give it a try. Thank ya'.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a REAR IR and a TRB.

My TRB broke. The part that connects to the rail cracked and broke for no apparent reason. It is plastic. I would stay away from that.

I use the cable from that and a 1 inch battery with a flashlight mount. When I want to use a bigger battery I just zip tie it on.

ETA: I also printed a plastic holder for the bigger battery. It zip ties on and holds the battery very well with the help of velro
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top