Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2022 5:19:48 PM EDT
I see in the big IRay thread about flip to side mounts being made for the Iray thermal unit, but does anyone know of any such setups for some of the other 'budget' thermal optics? Mine in particular is the AGM Rattler.

I would really dig a setup where it can be flipped to the side (or even, ideally, flip to center ala Unity mounts) to allow for scanning/engagement, or pushed out of the way entirely for more traditional sight picture. Seems like that seems to be the use case from some of the more recent pics of the same flip to side style units on the LVAW guns we've seen.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Interestingly, I just had a discussion of this basic topic on snipershide. I bought a BAE Oasys UTM which has a Wilcox fixed dovetail to picatinny mount with it and the unit itself has a dovetail mount on it so it can be used either as a monocular/handheld scanner or as a standalone or as a clip-on and some folks were talking about how they had flip to side mounts for theirs and some offered to trade my fixed mount for their FTS mount. As the discussion continued it emerged that apparently even the really kickass Wilcox FTS mount had POI shifts that were not acceptable to folks where the fixed mount didn't suffer so badly. I'm using it as a clip-on in front of a Steiner M7Xi 4-28x and as a handheld scanner. I also asked about FTS mounts for stuff like my PVS-30's and PVS-24's and that's a big fat negative too and for the same reason.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interestingly, I just had a discussion of this basic topic on snipershide. I bought a BAE Oasys UTM which has a Wilcox fixed dovetail to picatinny mount with it and the unit itself has a dovetail mount on it so it can be used either as a monocular/handheld scanner or as a standalone or as a clip-on and some folks were talking about how they had flip to side mounts for theirs and some offered to trade my fixed mount for their FTS mount. As the discussion continued it emerged that apparently even the really kickass Wilcox FTS mount had POI shifts that were not acceptable to folks where the fixed mount didn't suffer so badly. I'm using it as a clip-on in front of a Steiner M7Xi 4-28x and as a handheld scanner. I also asked about FTS mounts for stuff like my PVS-30's and PVS-24's and that's a big fat negative too and for the same reason.

View Quote

Do not trade your fixed mount for the UTM for a FTS mount as the fixed mounts are nearly impossible to find. One old user here was able to get someone to make him a fixed mount.

I am trying another machinist to see if he can add a Wilcox dovetail to the bottom of my KAC UNS-SR to see if it can work with the Wilcox FTS mount. As I mentioned over on SH another machinist has just flaked on me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 1:44:12 AM EDT
[#3]
My mistake, I thought you were looking for something for handheld mounting to a helmet.
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:27:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Do not trade your fixed mount for the UTM for a FTS mount as the fixed mounts are nearly impossible to find. One old user here was able to get someone to make him a fixed mount.

I am trying another machinist to see if he can add a Wilcox dovetail to the bottom of my KAC UNS-SR to see if it can work with the Wilcox FTS mount. As I mentioned over on SH another machinist has just flaked on me.
View Quote
Yep. Someone over there (possibly you) mentioned the same thing. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

want to trade your fixed mount for a fts...?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top