Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2021 1:05:55 AM EDT
I do some Cerakoting as a hobby and that has turned I to more than a hobby.  I have the cheapest harbor freight blaster on a bench but have done a good job with central vacuum (another story), now looking to upgrade.

In talking to manufacturers, they are worried that 120 grit AO will jam up the vacuum, which may have happened as I have replaced vacuum parts as well.

I am looking for recommendation between $500 and $1,300for a freestanding 36” to 40” cabinet that won’t leak, has good light, good glass and a vacuum hook-up  I think I have settled in 3 candidates.

- JP Tools 40” 940 Deluxe.  I have to add an LED light.  Fantastic construction, but includes a $280 vacuum that manufacturer recommends not using with fine abrasive media. Includes foot pedal.  Free shipping, $1,200 after the added light.  Comes 89% assembled.

- Harbor Freight or other cheap Chinese boxes on eBay fir $200, but now have to caulk, change out everything and add a foot pedal for another $400.  At the end of the day, a box is a box, and I get JP nozzle, pick-up, etc.  glass is still not so great.  So, add 3 hours of assembly.  Close to free shipping

-Eastwood B60.  Looks great.  Has mixed reviews.  Rated mostly for up to 90 grit.  $700, then add light and foot pedal, probably replace nozzle, so call it $850 and another $100 in shipping, and 4 hours of assembly. $950 in parts, good glass.

I am leaning toward JP and selling the vacuum if there is a market fir such a thing.  I am at top dollar, and “a box is a box.”

What are others using for occasional blasting with fine grit media?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Trinco, Sandy Jet
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trinco, Sandy Jet
View Quote

Looking fir a cabinet so trinco is a good choice.  A bit expensive.  TP tools looked good.  The technical rep said their canister would not support finer grit than 80, and I want 120.  I will ask about the vacuum canister for a 36 model trinco.

I have central vacuum so did not want to buy the canister, but it looks like every brand requires it.

How would you rate trinco with TO tools for a small free standing blast cabinet?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top