Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2021 10:15:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice flex. What's the cost of your new mortgage?
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:27:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd be happy with just some DTNV.

I'm a simple, single -14 poor.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:32:23 PM EDT
[#3]
And here l was expecting this one picture.  

Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice flex. What's the cost of your new mortgage?
View Quote

Don’t you know everyone on ARFCOM has a supermodel wife and 3 paid off homes!
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have Gen. 1 covered.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:28:44 AM EDT
[#6]

Why isn't there a Modlite OKW on the right?  

Looking forward to getting to check them out eventually - probably Classic?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The one on the far right is regression not progression.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 7:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Daaaamn that's cold.

At first glance I thought they were anvis-10s.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haters gonna Hate! I am enjoying them with Gen 3 thin filmed WP tubes.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:34:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Daaaamn that's cold.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Daaaamn that's cold.

Way better than Anvis 10’s, these actually have tubes you can replace (MX-10160 Format) as well as a dovetail interface and the choice of an onboard battery or external battery pack. More robust housing as well as a warranty. Pretty nice optics also!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#11]

I love that picture
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Way better than Anvis 10’s, these actually have tubes you can replace (MX-10160 Format) as well as a dovetail interface and the choice of an onboard battery or external battery pack. More robust housing as well as a warranty. Pretty nice optics as well!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/347041/D2179C67-34F3-4983-AAF1-C7D9123CD9D0_jpe-1898250.JPG
View Quote

QTNVG's? The ones from Kommando store?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 11:27:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way better than Anvis 10’s, these actually have tubes you can replace (MX-10160 Format) as well as a dovetail interface and the choice of an onboard battery or external battery pack. More robust housing as well as a warranty. Pretty nice optics as well!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/347041/D2179C67-34F3-4983-AAF1-C7D9123CD9D0_jpe-1898250.JPG

No these are from Another Online vendor
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Still QTNVGs though right?? They all come from the same place

http://linduoptics.com/products/night-vision/4-eyed-tube-gpnvg-fov-120.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Still QTNVGs though right?? They all come from the same place

http://linduoptics.com/products/night-vision/4-eyed-tube-gpnvg-fov-120.html
View Quote

These do not come form Lindu and are called a GPNVG by the supplier, but they appear to be the same housing as the QTNVG. No experience with the Lindu ones so optics may or may not be the same.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#16]
What I meant is that they all come from the same factory in China.

I think Lindu is the OEM for the housing.  But its all the QTNVG/Fake GPNVG-18

ETA: Lindu calls it the gpnvg-18 on their website as well
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#17]
No HMT.

2/10.  2.5/10 with rice.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

These do not come form Lindu and are called a GPNVG by the supplier, but they appear to be the same housing as the QTNVG. No experience with the Lindu ones so optics may or may not be the same.
View Quote

He is trying really hard to be nice.  Many NV guys do not play nice when it comes to that pair of NODS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No HMT.

2/10.  2.5/10 with rice.
View Quote

Better?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:06:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Very nice.  First set of these that ive seen out in the wild.  How long from time of purchase  to receiving  did you wait?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Very nice.  First set of these that ive seen out in the wild.  How long from time of purchase  to receiving  did you wait?
View Quote

Lead time is 3-4 weeks at the moment. You can get them with Elbit or Photonis tubes.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He is trying really hard to be nice.  Many NV guys do not play nice when it comes to that pair of NODS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I’m sure, A lot of people crap on Chinese made items while sliding the Chinese made lithium batteries into their unit which is basically the heart of the device.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:07:46 AM EDT
[#23]
The Lindu gear looks like it rocks Ekran tubes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I talked to Lindu through email and they mostly sell just the housings, especially to the US.

I don't dislike them. Just want people (especially dealers) to be honest about them. I wish there was a US counterpart to the QTNVG, that takes 10160 tubes and maybe pvs-14 objectives.
.I'm sure some will come along
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#25]
How does one pod alone handle depth of field?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I talked to Lindu through email and they mostly sell just the housings, especially to the US.

I don't dislike them. Just want people (especially dealers) to be honest about them. I wish there was a US counterpart to the QTNVG, that takes 10160 tubes and maybe pvs-14 objectives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to 3D print some 14 objective housing adapters soon, just not sure how well they will work with the fused ocular.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How does one pod alone handle depth of field?
View Quote

There is not a standalone battery pack for one housing yet. I am sure it is on the way as it’s removable and has a 3 point connection to the bridge shoe.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I am going to 3D print some 14 objective housing adapters soon, just not sure how well they will work with the fused ocular.
View Quote

Are the lenses 40 or 50 degree FOV? I thought Nick Chen said they were 50, giving it a wider FOV than the GPNVG-18s
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Oh I’m sure, A lot of people crap on Chinese made items while sliding the Chinese made lithium batteries into their unit which is basically the heart of the device.
View Quote

Posting from their Chinese made device. While driving in their JApan car. Etc etc........
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:10:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Nick on TFTB reviewed a set and noted that the optics werent the best, in particular the small eye box made it very hard to use during movement.

Most people still dont realize "milspec" pvs-14 optics are all made internationally. So to poo poo of non-US made stuff, especially in NV, is being VERY silly.

The two things that keep me fomr trying these are the supposed optical performance and price. At around 4-5 grand depending on where you ask, its a bit hard to swallow with the optical performance.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Are the lenses 40 or 50 degree FOV? I thought Nick Chen said they were 50, giving it a wider FOV than the GPNVG-18s
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50 FOV
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nick on TFTB reviewed a set and noted that the optics werent the best, in particular the small eye box made it very hard to use during movement.

Most people still dont realize "milspec" pvs-14 optics are all made internationally. So to poo poo of non-US made stuff, especially in NV, is being VERY silly.

The two things that keep me fomr trying these are the supposed optical performance and price. At around 4-5 grand depending on where you ask, its a bit hard to swallow with the optical performance.

View Quote

I wouldn’t say it has a small eye box but you definitely have to dial them in correctly for the lenses to “fuse” together. I found a posting by Nick Chen where he was reviewing the GPNVG’s and the page he posted from the manual showed them also needing to be dialed in to hit a sweet spot. Granted I have zero experience with the GPNVG so I don’t know how big of a difference there is between the two.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:12:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe someone like nocturn industries will come out with a pano housing. They seem to be doing some rapid development and production
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:27:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Maybe someone like nocturn industries will come out with a pano housing. They seem to be doing some rapid development and production
View Quote

Maybe, they have a Katana that is really nice looking!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top