Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2020 2:48:18 PM EDT
I don’t know ... it’s Sunday and I’m bored. And I haven’t talked to another human in like 3 days I think. It just dawned on me that I never shoot my 7.5” anymore and I don’t think I shot my 10.5” at all in 2019. I still shoot my 12.5” a lot but really enjoy the 14.5” and 16” rifles the most. I really hate the 7.5”. When I see it in the safe I curse at it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
makes sense.
After youve been aorund the block, the novelty of a 7.5 AR wears off, and you get more satisfaction out of a practical/useful barrel length.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 2:59:20 PM EDT
[#2]
At one point in time all of my ARs were SBR'd.  I finally built a Mk12 and havent shot it.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 3:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I ditched my 10.5” , now its 16” & 18”
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my 6.5" 300 blackout. But it's suppressed and the super short barrel makes the overall length amazing for a PDW.

And the weight and balance. It's 6.5 lbs with holoson 512c, 3x magnifier, and light.

But to each their own. I wouldn't enjoy a super shorty in 556
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 7:32:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Get both?

I've got AR variants with barrel lengths from 4" to 30". I like them all.

Lately I've been thinking about doing a 20" lightweight Grendel build.  I'm  thinking I can probably hit ~7.5lb with a long range optic.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my sbr's but my current project is an A4. Haven't been this excited about a build in awhile.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I ditched all of my 16"-14.5" ARs and only run 6"-12.5".

Now they are all suppressed so that helps.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
I should have added that I shoot all my ARs suppressed 90% of the time. The 7.5" is unshootable with a can on it.  I might as well just take some loose gun powder and/or carbon and rub it all over my face, sprinkle some in my eyes, and then take the rest and shove it up my nose.

ETA - not being a player hater ... to each his own and all that ... I will amend my original post and say that I recently put together an upper with an andro corp "crane spec" 10" barrel.  That barrel with a bootleg adjustable carrier is the tits ... so I am now okay with 10" barrels ... but still fuck that 7"
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I should have added that I shoot all my ARs suppressed 90% of the time. The 7.5" is unshootable with a can on it.  I might as well just take some loose gun powder and/or carbon and rub it all over my face, sprinkle some in my eyes, and then take the rest and shove it up my nose.

ETA - not being a player hater ... to each his own and all that ... I will amend my original post and say that I recently put together an upper with an andro corp "crane spec" 10" barrel.  That barrel with a bootleg adjustable carrier is the tits ... so I am now okay with 10" barrels ... but still fuck that 7"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like my 7.5” with a can but it is an Adams arms piston.  It runs great!  As far as usefulness, I agree it isn’t as practical as a longer rifle but I prefer my shorter guns suppressed.  The 14.5 and 16” guns I run with a can always tend to be pretty front heavy.  I think it’s time for me to get a K can.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like my 7.5” with a can but it is an Adams arms piston.  It runs great!  As far as usefulness, I agree it isn’t as practical as a longer rifle but I prefer my shorter guns suppressed.  The 14.5 and 16” guns I run with a can always tend to be pretty front heavy.  I think it’s time for me to get a K can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 7.5" is a PWS upper ... it needs one more setting to turn it down more.  Not knocking on the upper as far as function, it always goes bang when I pull the trigger, silencer or no silencer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My 7.5" is a PWS upper ... it needs one more setting to turn it down more.  Not knocking on the upper as far as function, it always goes bang when I pull the trigger, silencer or no silencer.
View Quote
Really?  My PWS 7.5” with a can runs like a champ.  I set it to the lowest gas and with a Sico Saker 762 it runs smooth and clean.  I’ve got a Geissele S3G in the lower and it’s very fun.  Short and handy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, 14.5-16" (mid length) really is a sweet spot for enough velocity and not too front heavy/long.  Especially since they can make reasonably accurate lightweight barrels nowadays

12.5-13.7 are good too... but for 1-2" more plus pinned device.... why bother.

11.5..... go 10.5 they are just as reliable nowadays

purpose of a 10.5" 223 is to shoot suppressed or for tight spaces as needed, and they are handy though incredibly loud and flashy.
A 7.5" 223 serves no purpose

and lets be honest 223 does not suppress well... go 9mm in 4-7" bbl or 300 in 7-10" bbl

A 4" + nested can 22lr is about the most fun gun ever made.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 12:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]
BOOM.  Its the damn BOOM.   I can get it done with a 16 inch barrel without the blast, its why PCC is so popular.   Dont need to EDC the damn thing.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 2:48:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ve been shooting a pair of 11.5 inch AR’s the past month but this past weekend I shot my 16” AR. Wow so much fun going back to the 16”. The recoil was very minimal making rapid fire very easy. I don’t think I’ll go shorter than 11.5 unless I run a can 100% of the time (still in NFA jail??)
I think my next build will be a 14.5 mid length.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ve kinda gone away from my 10.3” uppers in favor of 11.5-12”.

Then I recently built another 14.5” SOCOM barreled Block II-ish upper but with Geissele Mk8.

I think it’s my new favorite.  Whenever my Mk16 arrives I’ll finish my USASOC URG-I with a 14.5” Middy DD barrel.

ETA: I have a SF SOCOM 556RC that I love and use most of the time.  I actually don’t like my SilencerCo SPECWAR556K due to gas back pressure.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 1:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’ve kinda gone away from my 10.3” uppers in favor of 11.5-12”.

Then I recently built another 14.5” SOCOM barreled Block II-ish upper but with Geissele Mk8.

I think it’s my new favorite.  Whenever my Mk16 arrives I’ll finish my USASOC URG-I with a 14.5” Middy DD barrel.

ETA: I have a SF SOCOM 556RC that I love and use most of the time.  I actually don’t like my SilencerCo SPECWAR556K due to gas back pressure.
View Quote
I shoot my Griffin M4SD 2 less and less because of this.  I even put it on a piston gun, with adjustable gas, and it just makes you fucking eat the blow-back no matter what.  My last attempt will be to run it on an ANDRO Corp. "crane spec." upper, if that doesn't work it'll just become a paperweight for my office.  Seriously, it's fucking unshootable.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I shoot my Griffin M4SD 2 less and less because of this.  I even put it on a piston gun, with adjustable gas, and it just makes you fucking eat the blow-back no matter what.  My last attempt will be to run it on an ANDRO Corp. "crane spec." upper, if that doesn't work it'll just become a paperweight for my office.  Seriously, it's fucking unshootable.
View Quote
Have a you tried a PRI gas buster? They help a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top