https://i.imgur.com/8l8xe3K.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/WHAY4on.jpg
View Quote

Haha...thx homie
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 11:29:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Some good looking pictures in this thread. RIP ACR. Man this really bums me out. I never bought any spare parts for mine. I recently replaced the light in the Viking Tactics mount with a Surefire X300U-B and I really really like it, although some complain about the durability of the battery compartment latch. It's very intuitive to actuate the activation system for the light with my thumb which I always have verticle along the handguard. I use the VFG sort of like a large handstop rather than a grip that I wrap my hand around.

Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]
How it sits currently.
Geissele super acr trigger
Templar precision ambi charging handle
Templar precision 10.5 barrel
midwest industries mlok rail
Vortex sparc ar
Mbus pros
Streamlight wml

By far and away my favorite rifle. Absolutely fantastic
Forgive the crappy potato pic
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 12:56:33 AM EDT
[#6]
And here it is rocking the tri rail
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 3:53:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jake03:
How it sits currently.
Geissele super acr trigger
Templar precision ambi charging handle
Templar precision 10.5 barrel
midwest industries mlok rail
Vortex sparc ar
Mbus pros
Streamlight wml

By far and away my favorite rifle. Absolutely fantastic
Forgive the crappy potato pic
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373944/20200614_221810-1462287.jpg
View Quote
That's a great looking gun. The Midwest Industries handguard has grown on me. I just went to their site and it's out of stock though. Hopefully they do another run in the future.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 6:46:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Alien:
That's a great looking gun. The Midwest Industries handguard has grown on me. I just went to their site and it's out of stock though. Hopefully they do another run in the future.
View Quote

I did the same thing.  I looked at it, liked it, and saw they didn't have any more right now.  I do like how it looks.  I guess for now I'll have to keep using the standard handguard or the railed cheese grater.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently dug my ACR out of the safe for a range trip and it's a nice blaster.  Way too heavy but a pleasure to shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Cheers
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a new MI 9.375 that I would consider selling. Bought it, put in on my ACR, then went back to my original handguard. Never left the house.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:45:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/11/2020 4:37:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kotowski_2008:
http://imgur.com/gallery/Lz3ClU3
View Quote

Doesn't work.
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#16]

Ooooo, I like that green.

I will probably get some pics up after I get my RPM handguard (that I ordered in December 2019 ), and get the barrel put back on after the Templar trunnion conversion
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Snapped this up after getting back from overseas.
Enhanced ACR. Came with the original case and picatinny handguard, with the Geissele trigger installed.
I topped it off with a Vortex Viper PST in a Bobro mount and swapped in a Surefire WARCOMP CT.

Eventually I've got a long airsoft handguard coming then it's getting a Rhodie paintjob.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Lerch641:
https://i.imgur.com/KBVJo4z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2j1sVyd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yrVvIgE.jpg

Enhanced ACR. Came with the original case and picatinny handguard, with the Geissele trigger installed.
I topped it off with a Vortex Viper PST in a Bobro mount and swapped in a Surefire WARCOMP CT.

Eventually I've got a long airsoft handguard coming then it's getting a Rhodie paintjob.
View Quote

That handguard should balance out the enormously long Canadian barrel. Can't wait to see the paint job!
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I need a Rem defense lower
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 10mm_:
View Quote

I'm not married to having the Remington specific parts so I got a Templar lower. I am looking for parts to complete the original lower so I can have two drop ins, but I have resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably just have to buy a second rifle. Also I want one with a QD trunnion too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

I'm not married to having the Remington specific parts so I got a Templar lower. I am looking for parts to complete the original lower so I can have two drop ins, but I have resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably just have to buy a second rifle. Also I want one with a QD trunnion too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I emailed them but didn't hear back.

I want to post sample mine, I don't care if it's rem defense parts or hand made lol
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:25:36 PM EDT
[#22]

I want to post sample mine, I don't care if it's rem defense parts or hand made lol
View Quote

I usually get responses the same day from Templar; usually kinda late like 11PM
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 9:04:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Latest and I think final configuration

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By patswin3:
Latest and I think final configuration

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/C841389E-4AF1-4CAF-BD01-3C89B10BF6D9_jpe-1671184.JPG
View Quote

I wish rpmtool would finish the mlok rail I ordered from them 11 fucking months ago
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:19:25 PM EDT
[#25]

I wish rpmtool would finish the mlok rail I ordered from them 11 fucking months ago
View Quote

Damn! Yeah I’m glad I got one before he got flooded with orders
Link Posted: 11/5/2020 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#26]
https://i.imgur.com/KBVJo4z.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/2j1sVyd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yrVvIgE.jpg

View Quote
Where did you get the long handguard? I have been looking for one!
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

They never answered me
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#28]

Damn! Yeah I’m glad I got one before he got flooded with orders
View Quote

It's the one part I need to get my WML mounted and complete my build too
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:15:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Alien:
Where did you get the long handguard? I have been looking for one!
View Quote

Found an airsoft version on Begadi, but the model I received is gonna take a lot of fitting and a push-pin because it doesn't come with the takedown pin.
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 6:44:38 PM EDT
[#30]

It's the one part I need to get my WML mounted and complete my build too
View Quote

This place just started making rails for the acr, I believe he’s working with Dana. He’s on IG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/19/2020 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#31]

This place just started making rails for the acr, I believe he’s working with Dana. He’s on IG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82995/C69EC598-55F7-463A-8732-20F967B5B281_jpe-1691904.JPG
View Quote

Yeah I've seen those, and I helped give the guy feedback on the ACR forum when he was designing them. I like how the RPM one extends in front of the receiver rail on the top and I already paid for my RPM too lol. I think they are finishing up a run of Tavor rails before they all go to anodize, so hopefully I'll have it by Christmas
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:42:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fettesbrotde] [#33]
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:
I recently dug my ACR out of the safe for a range trip and it's a nice blaster.  Way too heavy but a pleasure to shoot both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Cheers
View Quote
16"?

I'll be honest, i don't find my 10.5" all that heavy really. It feels on par with my 11.5" MCX, and substantially lighter than all Mk18 builds I've handled.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:48:35 AM EDT
[#34]

It's gorgeous, who did your cerakote? color?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Noctis:

It's gorgeous, who did your cerakote? color?
View Quote
The lower, handguard, and stock are all Magpul OD Green Cerakote. The handguard, lower, and a few parts not shown here were painted by Templar Precision. The stock and a bunch of other parts were coated by Black Dove Customs.

The upper receiver is anodized Type III Milspec Brown.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:17:15 AM EDT
[#36]
" />
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
16"?

I'll be honest, i don't find my 10.5" all that heavy really. It feels on par with my 11.5" MCX, and substantially lighter than all Mk18 builds I've handled.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fettesbrotde:
Originally Posted By buddyhoohaw:

Cheers
16"?

12.5"
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 4:38:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Got my eForm 1 approval last week and engraving done yesterday:

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Findsman:
Got my eForm 1 approval last week and engraving done yesterday:

http://www.findsman.com/arfcom/acr_sbr.jpeg
View Quote
AIn't she a beauty. I need more SBR in my life (well done!)
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Gotta do an order from Templar in the new year, whenever the borders open back up.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 7:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Almost 12 years old and 3 barrels later, this thing just got a new face lift over the holidays. I have always loved the ACR... She is a machine!!!

Link Posted: 1/2/2021 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Constant_Impingement:
Almost 12 years old and 3 barrels later, this thing just got a new face lift over the holidays. I have always loved the ACR... She is a machine!!!

https://i.imgur.com/0ZOMyLc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FXxG3iY.jpg
View Quote

You mean you wore out 3 barrels? Do you still have the original gas block on it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:34:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Fresh paint for 2021
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#44]
https://i.imgur.com/g4XiknL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/81rdSX0.jpg

Fresh paint for 2021
View Quote

I'm diggin' the Rhodie paint job!!

Cheers
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Any news on who actually owns this design now?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:58:23 PM EDT
[#46]
Any news on who actually owns this design now?
View Quote

Magpul always has.  Apparently in the bankruptcy docs it shows Magpul getting a 8.5% royalty per rifle, and they filed a $600k claim for lost sales.

Reading the auction results, it appears the Roundhill Group now owns the ACR-related trademarks.  They bought the Ilion plant and supposedly all the manufacturing equipment.  Guess they'd move the stuff from Huntsville back?  Reading interviews with the new ownership makes them sound pretty fuddy though, not interested in LE or MIL work.  Would that include semi-auto rifles?  They're still waiting on updated FFLs from the ATF and apparently the old union from Ilion didn't like the at-will work offers made to some of the former employees and has been picketing the plant.  I saw Roundhill had projected to be up and running by March but who knows if they'll hit that.

I'd assume Roundhill assumed the Magpul license but I doubt anyone will know until they relaunch the Remington Arms website.  Magpul would probably be happy smothering it.

It looks like Franklin via their Crotalus Holdings company just bought the Bushmaster name and some XM15 assets.  For some reason their purchase agreement wasn't included in the big document dump.  The holding company name is interesting, as Crotalus is the rattlesnake genus to the Lachesis bushmaster genus.  Both bushmasters and rattlesnakes belong to the pit viper family.  They've filed for trademarks on XM15, Optics Ready Carbine, QRC, "You Can't Call 911 When You Are 911", BFI, etc.  I'd guess they are setting up a similar AR brand to what Bushmaster was in the late 2000s, before Remington wrecked them.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Very cool !!!
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Findsman:

Magpul always has.  Apparently in the bankruptcy docs it shows Magpul getting a 8.5% royalty per rifle, and they filed a $600k claim for lost sales.

Reading the auction results, it appears the Roundhill Group now owns the ACR-related trademarks.  They bought the Ilion plant and supposedly all the manufacturing equipment.  Guess they'd move the stuff from Huntsville back?  Reading interviews with the new ownership makes them sound pretty fuddy though, not interested in LE or MIL work.  Would that include semi-auto rifles?  They're still waiting on updated FFLs from the ATF and apparently the old union from Ilion didn't like the at-will work offers made to some of the former employees and has been picketing the plant.  I saw Roundhill had projected to be up and running by March but who knows if they'll hit that.

I'd assume Roundhill assumed the Magpul license but I doubt anyone will know until they relaunch the Remington Arms website.  Magpul would probably be happy smothering it.

It looks like Franklin via their Crotalus Holdings company just bought the Bushmaster name and some XM15 assets.  For some reason their purchase agreement wasn't included in the big document dump.  The holding company name is interesting, as Crotalus is the rattlesnake genus to the Lachesis bushmaster genus.  Both bushmasters and rattlesnakes belong to the pit viper family.  They've filed for trademarks on XM15, Optics Ready Carbine, QRC, "You Can't Call 911 When You Are 911", BFI, etc.  I'd guess they are setting up a similar AR brand to what Bushmaster was in the late 2000s, before Remington wrecked them.
View Quote

Great information! Thanks for the update. I knew it was still owned by Magpul but your description of the Remington division and sell off was the best breakdown I've read so far. I'll have to do some more research myself in the near future.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:27:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:

Very cool !!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Gacksnabbit:

Very cool !!!
Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#50]

Templar Precision non-QD trunnion installed went smoothly, but that gas block was an absolute cunt to remove
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top