Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
tag
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Would be nice to have a thread with pics and info on the nox35 and other higher mag N-vision optics. The halo-lr also looks interesting but is not helmet mountable. We're going to get a second thermal and i haven't decided whether to do a second 18 or bump up to a 35 or LR. Looks like the LR is a 3.5 base mag which would make id a lot easier at range. I'm thinking the 35 is probably the sweet spot but want to do my homework before I jump in.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
https://strictlyoffensivekit.com/products/halo-xrf-50mm

That price tag though
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would be nice to have a thread with pics and info on the nox35 and other higher mag N-vision optics. The halo-lr also looks interesting but is not helmet mountable. We're going to get a second thermal and i haven't decided whether to do a second 18 or bump up to a 35 or LR. Looks like the LR is a 3.5 base mag which would make id a lot easier at range. I'm thinking the 35 is probably the sweet spot but want to do my homework before I jump in.
View Quote
I can't speak to the Nox 35.... yet. But as far as magnification goes, I have a Trijicon MKiii 35 mm and I find myself zooming in more times than not. I think it is a great base magnification, but I do think 3.5x would be the perfect spot.

With all that being said, I'm still dead set on a Nox 35.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#7]
The massive size of the LR is what has me looking at the NOX 35.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#8]
The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on the Nox 35 is testimonials about helmet mounting.  I'm sure it's good out to 200 yards, but I would like to hear it from someone who has used it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Not many videos on Youtube for the Nox 35. Found this recently posted one. Might be an ITAR violation or 3 going on here. Video is in russian so I cannot understand. Maybe the precursor to some chechen liveleak videos...who knows?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone send me one and Ill review the shit out of it
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McQrF_pEJlY

Not many videos on Youtube for the Nox 35. Found this recently posted one. Might be an ITAR violation or 3 going on here. Video is in russian so I cannot understand. Maybe the precursor to some chechen liveleak videos...who knows?
View Quote

This burns my ass. I’ve been looking for one in stock everywhere and some foreigner has one already.
Apparently they are unobtanium. I wanted one because it was American made with a BAE core.

Tired of waiting, ordered a SuperHogster today. Maybe when they become available for sale I’ll reconsider. Sure seems like a nice unit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I am surprised n vision isn’t saying when they will be released again. Makes me worried about production issues.  Wrote a check 6 weeks ago, still hasn’t been cashed. ??
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks that eases the mind.  The seller told me they were being batch built not a constant production and that was the reason for the delay.  I guess he didn’t want to say your # 53 in line now serving #4.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Dang, looking at the calendar, Anybody have any new updates on NOX 35 deliveries?  Been a long time!
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:45:41 AM EDT
[#16]
no detailed reviews yet?
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had one on backorder. ETA is August. I think they are just trickling out slower than the 18s.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 3:59:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I’m still on back order as well. March.  Supposed to be next up
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McQrF_pEJlY

View Quote

Very suspect indeed.  You can use auto translate under youtube settings to get closed captions in english.  He is most definitely speaking russian and based on some of the other videos and the vehicles therein is likely in Russia or northern former FSU satellite.

Either that or hes a member of the worlds largest Lada/AutoVaz club................
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 7:55:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Nox 35 came in today.  It is raining and daytime but the image is good.  I spent a few min behind a reap in the past.  Nox has as good or better image than the reap. Focus was tight at first but loosed up after 1/4 turn and feels like it should.  With the extended battery it feels about the same as the reap.  The controls seem good, intuitive.  Image was stable when moving.   No noticeable hiccups. If I have time I’ll go to the range and get some pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Nox 35 came in today.  It is raining and daytime but the image is good.  I spent a few min behind a reap in the past.  Nox has as good or better image than the reap. Focus was tight at first but loosed up after 1/4 turn and feels like it should.  With the extended battery it feels about the same as the reap.  The controls seem good, intuitive.  Image was stable when moving.   No noticeable hiccups. If I have time I’ll go to the range and get some pics tomorrow.
View Quote

I got mine a couple weeks ago.  Haven’t had much time to play yet but the picture resolution is amazing. Hoping to get some rifle time soon.  One little detail I am a little concerned about, took it out a few nights ago, inside temp 68 to outside temp upper 80’s. When I turned it on there was a distinct electrical burning smell going on.  Everything seemed to function OK though.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:30:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I got mine a couple weeks ago.  Haven’t had much time to play yet but the picture resolution is amazing. Hoping to get some rifle time soon.  One little detail I am a little concerned about, took it out a few nights ago, inside temp 68 to outside temp upper 80’s. When I turned it on there was a distinct electrical burning smell going on.  Everything seemed to function OK though.
View Quote

Whoa! That doesn’t sound good!
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah that doesn't sound right. I'd get ahold of Max and see what he has to say. Probably nothing but I'm sure they'd rather fix a minor problem than have it tits up the whole device.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top