Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2021 6:03:42 AM EDT
Democrats introduce legislation to ban gun silencers

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-legislation-ban-gun-silencers

I’d urge you all to Support your favorite 2A org. These bastards are never going to stop.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Dupe.

I will fix your title:
The end of LEGAL suppressors?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
More likely pandering. Then again, the insufferable party of slavery never lost anything for trying, so I don't see why they would slow down now.

Before you know it, oil filters will be the next thing that goes up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Ironic that they would want to ban something here that is required or preferred on the guns across Europe for safety and noise pollution.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ironic that they would want to ban something here that is required or preferred on the guns across Europe for safety and noise pollution.
View Quote

Also note that cans are on the NFA registry, & yet now they want to ban them anyway. Registration leads to confiscation much?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#5]
This is one of many bills that they introduce that will go absolutely nowhere.  I’m not worried one bit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is one of many bills that they introduce that will go absolutely nowhere.  I’m not worried one bit.
View Quote

I wouldnt say I'm not worried one bit, given that the democrats aren't being held accountable for any of their treasonous acts these days, but I think it'll have a hard time getting much traction, being as they're already NFA, and they can really only put forth one example of criminal use in any of our lifetimes.  They just don't have enough of a majority to ram through anything they please with impunity, so will have to pick their battles, and I don't think they'll end up expending the capital they have on banning something that's already highly regulated and just not in the public's view as problematic.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't want to get complacent but this is the type of bill that isn't going anywhere. It's symbolic - obnoxious - but symbolic. NFA items are already tightly regulated, federally registered, and never used by violent criminals in all but the rarest of cases.

Unfortunately the bill being introduced as a counter of sorts to this (would allow for the purchase of cans directly through an ffl) is also likely doomed.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:59:20 AM EDT
[#8]
If we had a real media, someone would be rubbing their collective noses in their also collective ignorance, like Tucker Carlson proving that Carolyn McCarthy didn't know what she was even trying to regulate back in the day (still his finest moment IMHO).  I honestly don't know why any clever Republican hasn't done a really in depth video making Democrats look stupid on this stuff, it would be really easy, and if it was done without being too snarky or cheesy, it would be hard to dismiss as just biased info.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dupe.

I will fix your title:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems like this asshole Menendez introduces this stupid bill about every year or two. You’d think they have a big problem with suppressors being used in violent crime in New Jersey, for him to make this such a priority.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:26:42 AM EDT
[#12]
At least they are easy to make
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:30:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, probably right.
But the movement for non-NFA suppressors will go absolutely nowhere as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is one of many bills that they introduce that will go absolutely nowhere.  I'm not worried one bit.
View Quote
This is just the beginning. Five years from now the democrat machine and msm will have demonized silencers, and succeeded in ramming through common sense legislation. You will be standing there dazed and confused muttering something about the ringing in your ears.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:13:48 AM EDT
[#15]
This is a great indication of were registration ends.  Confiscation!
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 8:22:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is a great indication of were registration ends.  Confiscation!
View Quote

This ....
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:54:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Also note that cans are on the NFA registry, & yet now they want to ban them anyway. Registration leads to confiscation much?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The vast majority of democrat politicians (and many republican politicians) are completely ignorant of existing gun laws. They act based on emotion and self interest, exactly like poorly disciplined children.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
At least they are easy to make
View Quote

Not really good ones.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The vast majority of democrat politicians (and many republican politicians) are completely ignorant of existing gun laws. They act based on emotion and self interest, exactly like poorly disciplined children.
View Quote

I'm going to borrow this from my comment on Reddit, but I really think lawmakers should be required to prove at least a high-level understanding of a topic prior to submitting any bills.  Not that I had faith in the co-sponsors of this one to begin with, but their comments in Feinstein's press release are full of information that's completely false.  

They also label anyone not in support of this proposed legislation as a criminal or mass murderer, which is downright inappropriate and disrespectful from elected officials (and adults in general) in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If we had a real media, someone would be rubbing their collective noses in their also collective ignorance, like Tucker Carlson proving that Carolyn McCarthy didn't know what she was even trying to regulate back in the day (still his finest moment IMHO).  I honestly don't know why any clever Republican hasn't done a really in depth video making Democrats look stupid on this stuff, it would be really easy, and if it was done without being too snarky or cheesy, it would be hard to dismiss as just biased info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A large swath of the general public demonstrates their stupidity every election cycle by voting for asinine politicians &/or laws, so it probably wouldn't resonate quite as resoundingly as you'd hope.

Quoted:

I'm going to borrow this from my comment on Reddit, but I really think lawmakers should be required to prove at least a high-level understanding of a topic prior to submitting any bills.  Not that I had faith in the co-sponsors of this one to begin with, but their comments in Feinstein's press release are full of information that's completely false.  

They also label anyone not in support of this proposed legislation as a criminal or mass murderer, which is downright inappropriate and disrespectful from elected officials (and adults in general) in my opinion.

That's projection, a reflexive tactic used by the party of slavery since its inception.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:10:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dupe.

I will fix your title:
View Quote

Are they going to ban hardware stores as well?
Because they should
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a bill filed by a Senator who's a child molester, so what do you expect?

A crony of his sent young teens to him for him to rape, in return for political favors.  A shame one of their family didn't fire off 200 rounds from a rifle can, and use the 600 F suppressor to make sure he never raped anyone again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't want to get complacent but this is the type of bill that isn't going anywhere. It's symbolic - obnoxious - but symbolic. NFA items are already tightly regulated, federally registered, and never used by violent criminals in all but the rarest of cases.

Unfortunately the bill being introduced as a counter of sorts to this (would allow for the purchase of cans directly through an ffl) is also likely doomed.
View Quote

The problem is that no one but suppressor owners understand any of that.

Ask anyone who isn’t in the know and they think there’s nationwide registration on every gun bought, that gang members are killing each other with full auto AK’s all the time, that mafia hit men are killing each other with silencers on revolvers and the 5.56 destroys a deer so completely that you can’t even harvest any meat off of it.

It’s just a matter do time before that ignorance PTS off for the Dems.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 3:24:44 AM EDT
[#24]
The vast majority of people at large are TOTALLY IGNORANT regarding suppressors.  This also includes members of Congress.

They can rant and rave all they want but, spending the political capital to ban something already in the NFA that no one really cares about is unlikely to happen.

What we need to be careful of is something like the Homeowner Protection Act that bans the future manufacture of machine guns for civilians.  Now it is just like the original NFA tax so that the RICH can buy their machine guns but us plebes can't afford them.

A more likely issue is inflation adjusting the NFA tax retroactively.  Surely that will pay for the left's green initiatives, racial reparations, etc.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:14:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted: I honestly don't know why any clever Republican hasn't done a really in depth video making Democrats look stupid on this stuff, it would be really easy, and if it was done without being too snarky or cheesy,
View Quote

I told my wife about some bullshit they were trying to pass before, and that's the most I've ever had to use google to explain something. I lost her around the point the magazine that came with a gun is high capacity, even though it's the normal magazine so shouldn't that be the normal capacity?

It was somewhere between there and shoelaces being a machine gun I was so confused I wasn't even sure what I was trying to explain anymore.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 5:19:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
More likely pandering. Then again, the insufferable party of slavery never lost anything for trying, so I don't see why they would slow down now.

Before you know it, oil filters will be the next thing that goes up.
View Quote

Electric cars don't need oil filters.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah, probably right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, probably right.

They'll just offer up a "compromise".
Let us ban them outright and we'll let you take them off the nfa.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#28]
No. They Will confiscate exactly 0 of them
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:32:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

American politicians who aren't knowledgeable about firearms simply associate silencers with Hollywood hit men characters or James Bond flicks - they think that only an assassin or a murderer uses them, and thus people shouldn't have access to them.

They don't care that in actual use, they aren't silencing anything - they're just making it slightly more pleasant to shoot.

In fact, they should be required frankly, especially on shooting ranges near people's homes where the report of un-silenced firearms can be incredibly obnoxious.

Imagine if nobody's car had a muffler?

Politicians don't care about facts or logic - they push agendas based mostly on hysteria and total misconceptions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top