Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2022 2:39:13 PM EDT
I finally enjoy these bullets..After I realized I needed to make them shorter than my normal 9 mm bullets.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
AP rounds?
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#2]
good stuff

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have noticed that as well.I found they won't fit in a glock mag.I little turn on the seater die, and all is well again.I have shot maybe 15k of these, and love them.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 10:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
They're my favorite bullets for plinking. Haven't noticed needing to seat them deeper than I would with other 9mm projectiles but also can't remember my go-to OAL off the top of my head.

Those blue "jackets" are incredibly tough compared to hi-tek coating as well. There's a slow-mo video floating around somewhere of one hitting steel and the lead just sort of flattens on the target and turns into a little blue pancake that's still got a solid coating. Makes me feel good about using the 147s suppressed.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#6]
They work well for me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I find that in order for 9mm rounds made with their 115gr RN bullets to pass the "plunk test" in barrels with "tight" chambers (short bore leads)

Examples: Glock Gen 5, M&P

That the OAL needs to be 1.075". That's pretty damn short. 1.080" won't plunk. I did some extensive test ladders to make sure I wasn't seeing any signs of overpressurization.

Based on the aforementioned OAL I found this powder charges to work very well:

Hodgdon Universal: 4.2 - 4.3 grains. Both work well I went with 4.3 grains. Primer melt was seen in some at 4.4 grains.

Gallant's 115gr RN also have the same profile so I also used the same OAL and charge of Universal.

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Lightweights....

Link Posted: 8/10/2022 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
All I really shoot anymore in pistols and my PCC.

Shoot a ton of them in USPSA
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Love their bullets, for 9mm I only use their 135gr TC's, they changed the RN profiles quite awhile back that resulted in requiring a very short OAL. Using the TC profile allowed me to run a much longer OAL which I prefer to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top