Weight9.2 lb.

Twist1:10" RH

Overall Length41.25" - 43.25"

Barrel Length20"

Length of Pull13" - 15"

Grooves5

UPC7-36676-26993-8

Suggested Retail $799.00

Magpul® Hunter American short-action stock featuring fully adjustable length of pull (spacers included) and comb height (available from Magpul®) and enhanced ergonomics.
Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger offers a crisp release with a pull weight that is user adjustable between 3 and 5 pounds, allowing shooters to make that perfect shot.
The one-piece, three-lug bolt with 70° throw provides ample scope clearance and utilizes a full diameter bolt body and dual cocking cams for smooth, easy cycling from the shoulder.
Factory-installed, one-piece Picatinny scope base. Offers minute-of-angle accuracy that can make every hunt a success.
Heavy-contour (.850" at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision® Rifle Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter.
The visible, accessible, and easy-to-actuate tang safety provides instant security. It also includes: one Magpul® PMAG® 5 7.62 AC magazine for reliable detachable box magazine compatibility.

https://ruger.com/products/americanRifleHunter/specSheets/26993.html

It's a nice shooter sub moa groups See the review from a former Marine & Police Sniper on YouTube

https://youtu.be/eDPYE153wrc
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it!

Ruger has been doing a great job.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m sure it shoots well.  But a 9+ lb rifle is not going to be a elk hunting rifle for me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m sure it shoots well.  But a 9+ lb rifle is not going to be a elk hunting rifle for me.
View Quote

It’s a heavy contour barrel so definitely not a mountain gun.

This looks like a hybrid hunting/precision rifle that’s a little more geared to hunting.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 9:02:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m sure it shoots well.  But a 9+ lb rifle is not going to be an elk hunting rifle for me.
View Quote

Wow ELK? I have never been ELK hunting I just hunt  Deer, Pigs & Coyotes.  I think I would use a 7mm Magnum or .300 Win Mag, not a .308 for that do you hunt elk with a .308?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Wow ELK? I have never been ELK hunting I just hunt  Deer, Pigs & Coyotes.  I think I would use a 7mm Magnum or .300 Win Mag, not a .308 for that do you hunt elk with a .308?
View Quote

I assumed they are chambering this in other calibers than just .308.

Looking at the website again, I’m not so sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#6]

It's nice to see them offering the Magpul and American combo directly from the factory now.  I took a 308 predator and swapped out the shitty poly stock for the Magpul hunter in OD green a while back.  Sounds great with my Sandman K and YHM R2.

Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/zEDCEU1h.jpg

It's nice to see them offering the Magpul and American combo directly from the factory now.  I took a 308 predator and swapped out the shitty poly stock for the Magpul hunter in OD green a while back.  Sounds great with my Sandman K and YHM R2.

View Quote

Nice man.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 5:09:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve dropped a lot (18 IIRC) of elk.  3 have been with a .308, they are not that hard to kill.  I do use a .300WM Or 30-06 on open country hunts where I might have to shoot out to 400 yds, but most of my hunting is in timber and Shots are much closer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I just bought one in 6.5 creedmoor, waiting on the background check. Im really excited. I bought 240rds of Hornady 120gr GMX ammo for it as well. Now I just need glass.  Im thinking 4-14x44 or something similar.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Gunshop had one with the grey stock for $769

Very tempted to buy it and throw my 51t mount on it and aac762sd
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's not a hunting rifle. LOL

That's a price point tactical rifle with stealth marketing.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not a hunting rifle. LOL

That's a price point tactical rifle with stealth marketing.

This.

This again.

I have a Bergara HMR and used it for one hunting season.  Hated the weight.

The next season I bought a RAP .308 just to save weight.

I do have a Magpul stock on a Rem700 and its very nice for what it is. Its not a heavy profile rifle so its not very heavy.

Thats just a Ruger Predator with a Magpul stock from the factory. I mean i like it but wouldn’t take it hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top