Originally Posted By Donut777donut:
Start buying more stamps...
it’s the only effective treatment
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoshInReno:
235 days and counting on 2 stamps F4 Individual.

First and quite possibly my last NFA purchases unless something changes.

I know it's been said before and there a (supposedly) been a bit of progress made, but if the industry wants to see their bottom lines recover they better figure out a way to get the wait times down.  
Start buying more stamps...
it’s the only effective treatment
My initial purchase was to kind of test the waters on this whole suppression thing. I'll (possibly) buy more if the results are what I hope they are.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
I swear I believe this is the end result that some in the .Gov hope to accomplish with these erroneous delays and hurdles.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swampvol:
Originally Posted By JoshInReno:
First and quite possibly my last NFA purchases unless something changes.  
I swear I believe this is the end result that some in the .Gov hope to accomplish with these erroneous delays and hurdles.
Pretty damn effective.

I do wish I would have ponied up for a rimfire can at the same time though. I'll probably at least buy a couple of those regardless.

Wish list:

1. Small, dedicated 5.56 can to live on my "go to"
2. 6.5 can to live on my dream hunting setup
3. Couple of rimfire cans

So I think another 4-5 cans and I can be set for life. But I think I've heard other people say the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I called today to check status as I'm going on 7 months for a Form 4 Individual for a corncob suppressor.

Purchased: March 2018
Signed paperwork and paid dealer April 4, 2018, don't know when it was sent.
Received: ATF received April 14, 2018
Still pending as of today awaiting examiner assignment.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:32:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MyGrassIsBlue] [#4]
Called today to check status of my Form 1 (individual/paper) for my Arsenal 104UR...it went pending 6/26 and that was all she told me.  Nothing about a background check or anything like that, so I guess that’s a good thing?

While I had her on the phone, I asked if the influx of EForms was going to delay or affect my paperwork and she said “they don’t give us the answers to those questions”.   I also asked why EForms were getting  approved after just days while people were still waiting on paper form 1s, and was told the same thing - “they don’t give us the answers to those questions”.

Ho hum. 134 days and counting.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a bit past six months on three stamps.  Mailed two more this week.  Have about five more I need to sign and mail off.

I'm tempted to buy a Kraken while they're cheap.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MyGrassIsBlue:
Called today to check status of my Form 1 (individual/paper) for my Arsenal 104UR...it went pending 6/26 and that was all she told me.  Nothing about a background check or anything like that, so I guess that’s a good thing?

While I had her on the phone, I asked if the influx of EForms was going to delay or affect my paperwork and she said “they don’t give us the answers to those questions”.   I also asked why EForms were getting  approved after just days while people were still waiting on paper form 1s, and was told the same thing - “they don’t give us the answers to those questions”.

View Quote
I'm at 263 days on my first one, and some people have things waiting longer than that. If yours does end up going to background check, you're still looking at possibly 2-3 more months before it gets there, and then waiting even longer for background check to get complete.

For reference:

F4 cashed: 2/18
Went to FBI sometime between 8/24 and 9/7
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By MyGrassIsBlue:

View Quote
I just had a paper Form 1 approved from a June 7 submittal, so about 5 months for a single person trust. Looking at NFA tracker I find it curious that paper Form 1s are moving faster than paper Form 4s, both for trusts.  It almost looks like they are deliberately slowing down commercial items. Maybe they realize for something like an SBR the applicant could be running a pistol prior to approval for anything built from a lower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF. I have a form 4 check cashed on 5/15/18. So I'm slightly over 6 months. I called to check status today and was told it hasn't even been assigned to an examiner yet. I have a form one that was submitted a week later than this one that was approved 2 weeks ago and received last week.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cowboyrick:
WTF. I have a form 4 check cashed on 5/15/18. So I'm slightly over 6 months. I called to check status today and was told it hasn't even been assigned to an examiner yet. I have a form one that was submitted a week later than this one that was approved 2 weeks ago and received last week.
View Quote
Form 1s have been going much faster than form 4s for the last year, it's not a recent trend.

Why?  No idea.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By HRoark:
Form 1s have been going much faster than form 4s for the last year, it's not a recent trend.

Why?  No idea.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HRoark:

Why?  No idea.
I understand that.  I just can't believe after 6 months it hasn't even been assigned to an examiner yet.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 10:02:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DoubleHaul] [#11]
View Quote
Same boat (pending being assigned to an examiner) on a 5/5/18 check cash form 4. Optimistically hoping that the hard work has already been done and that means waiting to be rubber stamped. The Form 1 that I submitted on the same day came back in 89-days.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:21:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DoubleHaul:

Same boat (pending being assigned to an examiner) on a 5/5/18 check cash form 4. Optimistically hoping that the hard work has already been done and that means waiting to be rubber stamped. The Form 1 that I submitted on the same day came back in 89-days.
View Quote
Almost the exact same for me. Even with a quick form 1 on the same day.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Same here. I have a form 4 pending since 5/14. Called today, still not assigned to an examiner.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 1:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Seattle206:
Same here. I have a form 4 pending since 5/14. Called today, still not assigned to an examiner.
View Quote
@Seattle206 do you mind sharing that phone number?

I'm past the six month marker for my Form 1 (Trust, RPx4) - from looking in other threads it looks like there are people getting approved Stamps back that submitted after me.  Thought I'd call and check-in to see what's up.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 9:11:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

It's on their website, plus at least two places on the form itself. But here you go: (304) 616-4500

View Quote
Well...

I had considered taking a drive up 81 to knock on the door to see what's up. Anyone have the address?
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Also on the form in multiple places...

244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, WV 25405
View Quote
Also joking...
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks again for giving me easy to find contact info.

Just called and talked to a not so cheery rep and she said I was approved on 12/10. Now to wait on the mail...
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:42:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Is it normal for the operator at the form status line to be a fucking retard? Or should i call back to try to get another operator?

Paper form 4 on a rugged razor. Check cashed 6/4/18.

Called 11/20/18 to get status. Nice lady says its "pending, still in que, not assigned to an examiner yet."
I figure, ok cool hasnt been quite 6 months yet, nothing to bitch about.

I call back today, get some guy thats retarded or maybe just new, i donno.

I was very polite, asked about status
he says its" pending",
i say, has it been assigned an examiner?
he says " its pending."
I ask if that means it has been viewed by a researcher, or assigned an examiner?
He says "i dont know, i just know its pending."
I say, is there an estimate for approval?
He says "paper form 4s are about 7 months"
I say, i understand thats just an estimate, but 7 months is in 2 weeks, is it normal to go from pending to approved in 2 weeks?
He says" estimates are 7 months sir"
I say, right, and understand that, and i understand it can sometimes take longer, and it hasnt even been 7 months yet, i am just trying to figure out where it is in your process and if it will be longer than 7 months?

He says "its pending sir,"
I say, ok is there any way to find out where in the que it is?
He says "its pending in the que sir"
I say you guys have a set of proceedures for form 4 approvals right?
He says "yes sir"
I say what is that proceedure?
He says "the proceedure is 7 months"
I say but what specifically?
He says "the proceedure is its pending sir"
I ask, does it go to a researcher, and an examiner etc...?
He says " umm... Yes those things are the proceedure, the atf has a proceedure, you are in pending part of the proceedure."
I say, how long after it leaves pending does it usually take to get approved?
He says " 7 months"
I say, from pending or check cashed?
He says "check cashed"
I say how long, estimated from the end of pending?
He says "umm... its pending and it takes 7 months sir"

I said thank you good bye.

Like banging my head on the wall, if the guy doesn't know, or it can very greatly, he could say so.

guy sounded like a retarded robot.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:04:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By usar_ds:
Is it normal for the operator at the form status line to be a fucking retard? Or should i call back to try to get another operator?

Called 11/20/18 to get status. Nice lady says its "pending, still in que, not assigned to an examiner yet."

he says its" pending",
he says " its pending."
I ask if that means it has been viewed by a researcher, or assigned an examiner?
I say, i understand thats just an estimate, but 7 months is in 2 weeks, is it normal to go from pending to approved in 2 weeks?
I say, right, and understand that, and i understand it can sometimes take longer, and it hasnt even been 7 months yet, i am just trying to figure out where it is in your process and if it will be longer than 7 months?

He says "yes sir"
He says " umm... Yes those things are the proceedure, the atf has a proceedure, you are in pending part of the proceedure."
He says " 7 months"
He says "check cashed"

Like banging my head on the wall, if the guy doesn't know, or it can very greatly, he could say so.

View Quote
I think we got the same people

4/30 and still no examiner. Pending FBI background check
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:42:30 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
Same Check Cashed date, Same "Pending"
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]

he says its" pending",
he says " its pending."

He says "yes sir"
He says " 7 months"
He says "check cashed"

View Quote
First stamp?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#24]
check cashed 12/14/17 for my suppressor, sucks.  I had a form 1 check cashed 2/18 they sent to me for corrections last week so who knows what the hell is going on
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 8:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usar_ds] [#25]

First stamp?
View Quote
I called back 2 days later, talked to a non retard.  it was explained that it stays pending till it gets approved, bk check looked gtg and i got lucky, was on track for jan approval. Basically everything i wanted to know during the prior call. We will see what happens with the shut down.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usar_ds] [#27]

So, nothing different than what the first one said. It's Pending.

Your whole "complaint" is your issue, not the person on the other end of the phone.

That's why you got a "first stamp" comment...because you come across as an NFA rookie that's doesn't understand how it works, and complained about something that wasn't really something to complain about.
View Quote
My issue was not that it was still pending, it was that the guy i talked couldnt carry out a 2 way conversation.

Granted its a pretty small issue compared to non-processing of bk checks or some of the other, serious issues in this thread.

Regardless of a callers experience with the nfa process, Phone operators should be able to answer questions or at least hold a coherent conversation though. Isnt that why there is a line to call regarding F4s.

Isnt the info that my bk check came back, and isnt heald up, and the stamp is on track for avg approval time pertinant info?
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 12:36:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Fair enough. Perhaps retard was bit uncalled for. I wouldnt want to answer phones all day either.

But i was understandably frustrated With the guy.

I was very very curtious and polite, as if there was an issue he isnt even invloved, and being a dusche to phone operator is not poductive or remotely cool.

I would have been happy with "i dont have that info sir"

Instead the guy was rude and seemed deliberately evasive, and for whatever reason didnt give me answers to simple questions that the following operator was happy to provide me with.

Thats all. Hopefully i have no further issues.

At this point i have prolly posted way to much here about this tiny friggin problem in light of the far more serious complaints in this thread.

donkeyaaj
chase45
wtdssmith

Good luck on your stamps.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:42:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MyGrassIsBlue] [#30]
Hit 188 days today for a paper form 1 submitted as an individual.  MO was cashed and it went pending 6/26/18
Called Friday to check status and got some guy who sounded like he was in a loud call center - previous calls have been answered by a girl in a much quieter setting.
Still pending. and I didn't press the guy because my gut told me he was some sort of fill-in or calls were being diverted to whatever office he was in.
I'm also seeing on NFATracker some paper form 1s getting approved that were submitted in August and September.
I've played the NFA waiting game before, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if I screwed something up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]

You do understand the people answering the phones are nothing more than government contractors that have access to the system, and are given the canned responses like “currently taking 7 months”, right? They can only regurgitate the into they’ve been given.
View Quote
Does make me wish there was a way to check online and never have to deal with a person at all, but oh well.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Called today to check the status of 2 submitted F4s and the phone lines are not accepting calls from us peasants. Said to call back when the Gov shut down is over. Well guess what MFers its over now get to answering those phones!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#33]
202 & 246 days and counting
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I have a F4 Transfer of an SBR and Can.

Submitted 3/9/2018, been in background for 326 days!

I have an Eform 1  with the same trust, submitted on 12/14. Went straight in to delay.

I asked Senator Ted Cruz’s to check into it. They sent a letter in December. Still waiting. Ugg!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Received email today that my eFiled Form 1 Individual SBR was approved, said login to eForms site to see additional details. PDF attached to email had a "tax stamp" image, the APPROVED box checked, the approved date, an ATF signature, and the DRAFT watermark on every page. Is that all I get, or will there be an actual stamp or stamped form mailed to me?

When I log into the eForm site, it shows my submission is approved, but when I click on the eye ball icon to view my approved form, nothing happens. Well, nothing happens in Chrome and Firefox. In Microsoft Edge, I get the error message, "A system error has occurred: java.lang.NullPointerException Please press OK to try and recover from this error." Anyone know why I can't view my approved form?

If I print out the attachment that came with the approval email (the form with the tax stamp image, ATF signature, DRAFT watermark, etc.) and have it with my SBR, is that what I am supposed to do? or should I wait for a paper version to come in the mail?
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:36:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By aemsl69:
I have a F4 Transfer of an SBR and Can.

Submitted 3/9/2018, been in background for 326 days!

I have an Eform 1  with the same trust, submitted on 12/14. Went straight in to delay.

I asked Senator Ted Cruz’s to check into it. They sent a letter in December. Still waiting. Ugg!
View Quote
Same boat. They received my form 4 Jan 26 2018....still out for background check
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 11:21:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aemsl69] [#38]
I decided to up my game, I have emailed the Whitehouse.gov, Senator Cornyn, Ted Cruz and Congressman Kevin Brady.

I have had enough of this shit.

UPDATE 2: all of my stamp taxes were approved today within 8 hours of contacting the above folks. Coincidence?

Update: So I have actually called all three elected representatives offices and have spoken to real people. There appears to me some movement. All 3 made an inquiry to the ATF today. ATF actually sent an additional Consent form to me so they can disclose the status Form 4. I have signed the disclosure agreement and sent it back to each of the three case officers.

I signed and have a copy here for your viewing pleasure.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Well, I am over three months stuck in FBI check on a Efile Form1. I emailed the release form to my Senator today. I was hoping not to get into this...... but here we go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:29:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SideSalad] [#40]
This thread has me getting 'antsy', and I'm normally a patient person.

Check cashed dates:

22 Apr 18 - Approved 31 Jan 19/Received 5 Feb 19
14 May 18 - Approved 1 Dec 18/Received 11 Dec 18
4 Jun 18 - ?
5 Jul 18 - ?
5 Jul 18 - ?
20 Jul 18 - ?
20 Jul 18 - ?
20 Jul 18 - ?
25 July 18 - ?
11 Sep 18 - ?

Plus I'm still waiting on SiCo to send an additional 3 cans to my dealer, just to get this miserable party started...
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#41]
I’ve got 2 suppressors whose checks were cashed 12-12-2017

2017!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#42]
208 & 252 days and counting
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a Form 4 pending since July '17 and Form 1 e-file from January first of this year. However reading the stories above makes me not even want to bother getting another suppressor
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 4:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DV8EDD] [#44]
Days since checks cashed...

Link Posted: 2/4/2019 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#45]
They back working on paperwork? Have no seen any updates in over a month
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#47]
I am happy to report that my oldest pending transfer was approved yesterday!

Pending - 12/19/17
Approved - 2/4/19
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: donkeyaaj] [#48]
My check cashed 12/11/17 was just approved Jan 31, 2019-411 days wow
Funny thing I had a form 1 check cashed 2/18 approved Jan 28 also
Got my senators involved back in Oct/Nov
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#49]
The above two posters.
Why did it take so long? You guys inquire about it? I would be pissed. I am at 9 months right now on a can and I’m already getting mad.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 4:50:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: donkeyaaj] [#50]
I started calling about 5-6 months into it and kept getting the "we are just waiting on the FBI".  For a few months I told myself maybe  it would magically be approved but that didn't happen.  Got the senators involved but at first they were calling atf when they needed to call the FBI.  I moved a mile down the road back in august and submitted a 5320.20.  I got a correction letter for the form 1 to correct address of the trust early december before the shutdown, sent it in and then shutdown happened.  Funny they did not want a correction for the form 4?
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top