Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2021 7:11:00 AM EDT
I have my virtus and was wondering what barrel length/caliber really makes this platform shine? Was going to stick with the 9" 300 BO since I already have a PWS MK111 in 5.56. Feel like the idea of a folding stock paired with the compact barrel was a good setup. The 6.75" also looks intriguing but have no experience with it
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#1]
= 200 yards: 5.56x45, 11.5"
= 200 yards: 5.56x45 14.5"
Any barrel length <10" that is not pistol caliber: 300 BO
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It depends on what you want.  My chrono results, shooting factory Hornady 110 Gr VMAX, have shown MV around 2010 fps out of a 6.75" barrel and 2180 fps out of a 9" barrel.  If your desire is sub-sonics, keep the barrel short.  If you would primarily shoot supersonic ammunition, decide what is more important to you between muzzle velocity and length.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top