Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2020 9:52:32 AM EDT
Was / is this a solid product?

I realize it has been surpassed in size, weight, resolution, etc.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends on the price, id rather have a t2 or t3 though for a narrower fov
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Have had a few over the years. Never had a single issue with them and they punch above their weight for a 320 unit.

I also think they had the best ocular lens/display of any thermal unit I have looked through, and I’ve looked through or owned most of the high end units.

In cold weather, they can go through those 4 123As at an alarming pace.

Just keep in mind that you’re going to be pretty limited in terms of magnification when you use it as a clip on.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:01:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The Cratos is still 17um and has a fov of 21°x15.7°, I'd much rather have a Trijicon UTCxII.

Seems like a steep price for those specs.

A T75 is 9.4° x 7.5° for a few thousand less.

Anything the cratos does that a utcx or t75 doesnt?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The CRATOS Is nice, compact, quality, etc. Not what I would consider a long range clip on though.

Although I guess that wasn’t something that was asked
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
The Cratos is still 17um and has a fov of 21°x15.7°, I'd much rather have a Trijicon UTCxII.

Seems like a steep price for those specs.

A T75 is 9.4° x 7.5° for a few thousand less.

Anything the cratos does that a utcx or t75 doesnt?
View Quote

The core in the T75 sucks compared to the microbolometers in the Oasys/Trijicon line or the L3s.

I have not looked through one of the 640 Bosons in the new T75s though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Agreed and it wasn't asked, just came to mind. Sorry Wonder what folks would really pay for something with the CRATOS capability.  The true all around versatility is really special with this system.
View Quote

@TNVC

Ok- this was an off the wall interjection.  I asked about the CNVD-T, you came in spouting about the CRATOS.   I didn’t understand at all, at the time.

However given what I’m reading elsewhere, the specifics of your meandering are a little too precise to be accidental.  There is scuttlebutt of there being a shit ton of these in inventory and the manufacturer considering civvy sales to absorb the product.  It’s been a while since your post-  Can you add anything to the rumor mill now?  

If so, thanks!!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

@TNVC

Ok- this was an off the wall interjection.  I asked about the CNVD-T, you came in spouting about the CRATOS.   I didn’t understand at all, at the time.

However given what I’m reading elsewhere, the specifics of your meandering are a little too precise to be accidental.  There is scuttlebutt of there being a shit ton of these in inventory and the manufacturer considering civvy sales to absorb the product.  It’s been a while since your post-  Can you add anything to the rumor mill now?  

If so, thanks!!!
View Quote

Wondering if the “@“ feature works, of it works at all, when a post is quoted.... lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top