Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/20/2020 11:29:48 PM EDT
I have a G19 w/ X400V & RM06 and an FBI Professional with an X400V.

They don’t come anywhere close to the M9A3 w/ LTT trigger work and RMR.

M9A3: 20+1 rounds. Super quiet. Great ergonomics for finding the dot under NV. 35 years of use by .mil and subsequent improvements. Extremely short reset and crisp trigger pull. And best of all it is dead nuts accurate.

G19: Great pistol for someone who wants something simple and cheap. But accuracy is lacking and I want a metal rail if I’m using an IR laser.

FBI Professional: Amazing 1911 by all accounts but 10+1 capacity max? Also nearly impossible to suppress (without extreme measures of custom fitting to go along with the custom job) Boomer grade.

Go ahead and hate on the pasta pistol. Try and tell me why I’m mistaken.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool pic

Beretta makes nice guns
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:40:18 PM EDT
[#2]
How do you holster it tho?
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

RagnarokSD from Trex Arms on a G Code paddle.

Unfortunately I don’t have a better pic. I know they don’t recommend it but it even works great without the can. Haven’t had any issues running or anything, can or not. Obviously the can is in the way if you try to sit or drive.

Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Niice
Link Posted: 11/20/2020 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Been wondering if the x300v will fit the armordillo xferv2, cause theres another that works...
For a glocked x300ua
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unfortunately I don’t have a better pic. I know they don’t recommend it but it even works great without the can. Haven’t had any issues running or anything, can or not. Obviously the can is in the way if you try to sit or drive.

https://i.ibb.co/t34bzRQ/6177982-C-FED5-4-A9-D-9-D78-E4-A4-E3-A0783-C.jpg
View Quote

Interesting.

I would like to find a way to holster a nv capable pistol.

All my other nv pistols are in safariland holsters so im used to very secure retention. Im not sure if that would fulfill the same role.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
No doubt Polymer framed guns are not ideal for LAMs compared to metal/alloy frames such as your M9. One of my G19s had server Pig Nose where my LAM would not zero because it ran out of adjustment. It was an easy fix, but by nature Poly guns have a lot of flex in their dust covers.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 1:44:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:26:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
With ergonomics so good it took Taurus to rip off the design and put the mechanical safety where it should have been all along.
View Quote

It feels weird to have to say this, but doesn’t it not require the use of a safety?
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:42:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Does that have the traditional 92 grip shape? The only A3’s Ive see. Have that gay vertec profile that ruins the ergos for me (I am large with large hands)
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:51:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I really want one of the new LTT 92G with the RMR slides they're doing.

With that said - the Zev OZ9 eliminates the LAM issue since the rail on it is steel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It kind of depends on the school you were raised in and where you work.

Most entities will require that of your gun has a manual safety that you utilize it.

I don’t hate the M9, but calling it the best NV platform is about the biggest lie I’ve heard in quite some time.
View Quote

Got one

You haven’t offered any alternatives as to something better, and more importantly, why it’s better.

A G decocker, which mine has, makes the position of a safety completely meaningless...because it no longer exists. I’m not .mil anymore so I have no “entity” requiring me to utilize one. I suppose if you were discussing the “best” NV platform while constrained by .mil or Agency requirements it might not be so, but that’s also interesting considering the military issued the M9 for the better part of 40 years.

Looking forward to hearing what suggestions you have for a solid NV platform. Obviously that won’t include Glock, M&P, CZ, Sig, and many others because they don’t have safeties either.

ETA: You and I have talked on the phone a few times. You’ve always been very helpful. This post is meant to be a humorous challenge. Hoping it doesn’t come across too douchey
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:11:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does that have the traditional 92 grip shape? The only A3’s Ive see. Have that gay vertec profile that ruins the ergos for me (I am large with large hands)
View Quote

Yeah for some reason people like the Vertec profile so that’s all you ever see. I run the traditional rubber grips that the A3 comes with because I also have huge hands.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ve got a Sig M17 with an ACRO with an external safety that is arguably a better platform for NV shooting.
View Quote

How so? Argue it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Lol @TNVC coming in with a garbage ass take as usual

Quoted:
With ergonomics so good it took Taurus to rip off the design and put the mechanical safety where it should have been all along.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:48:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Most entities will require that of your gun has a manual safety that you utilize it.

I don’t hate the M9, but calling it the best NV platform is about the biggest lie I’ve heard in quite some time.
View Quote

This.  But to the OP, you do you, boo boo.  I noticed you weren’t running a LAM on your hog leg anyway.  :)
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#21]
I always thought the 92 was a clunky and way-oversized pistol with terrible safety/decocker location and tiny sights. But it fits the hand well, good trigger and probably a good dedicated night shooter.

I'm still stuck on the Glock platform, day or night. I fired a couple of shots with my G17 and X400V last night with NV and all the hits were on target. I've not had a problem with the plastic rail but I've not shot much with the light/laser attached.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny. But not true. Beretta had the frame mounted safety on their early 92 series guns. I dont know why they switched to the slide, but taurus was right in keeping it on the frame.

That is the number 1 problem with those guns. The decocker only models are a small improvement
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#24]
How can one argue preference that is yours and not his? Kinda seems trolly.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
I only have a very limited experience with the M9 but it always seemed decent enough. I at least remember liking it when I shot a qualification course with it.

I've been seriously considering almost the exact setup as the OP's though. It really seems like it would be a good suppressor host due to the lack of barrel tilt but I'm still learning the nuances of suppressing pistols and trying to understand what's all involved.

Short story shorter, this thread is relevant to my interests.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#27]
It is an excellent pistol, but I don't need extreme accuracy out of a fighting pistol.

For me, it's either a G17 or a USP as runner up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 2:48:19 PM EDT
[#28]
OP, you've created a combination of nonsense requirements and incorrect assumptions about each gun to come to the conclusion that an M9A3 is "the best".

First, you have an X400v on the other guns and an X300v on your Beretta.  With an RMR the aiming module in the X400v is unnecessary.  An X400v greatly reduces holster compatibility and removing the LAM part of it also negates the issues of mounting your light to a polymer rail.  Put the X300v on any of your guns for a fair comparison.

Second, ammo capacity.  You compared a full size 9mm to a compact and a 1911.  Everyone knows 1911s are low capacity, they have been for nearly 100 years.  A glock 19 holds 15+1 but you can get bigger magazines for it so this isn't really a fair comparison.

Third, quiet.  Any of the guns on your list, and any common handgun in production, can be fitted with a threaded barrel and suppressor. Yes, a suppressed M9 is quieter than a non-suppressed glock. The sky is blue too.

Fourth, trigger quality and accuracy. You are right, the M9 has a great trigger and I can't really refute that.  In practice a good trigger makes a gun appear more accurate because they are easier to shoot.  Mechanically speaking I seriously doubt your M9 is more accurate than any other modern production handgun and if you practiced with your glock more you wouldn't be disappointed with its accuracy.

Now, I'll say the M9 is a beautiful gun and they do shoot well.  The updates made on the M9A3, plus slide milling, make it a modern gun and it is capable of quiet shooting under night vision.  That said, I have complaints about it still.  It is unnecessarily large, and being all metal it is heavy.  DA/SA triggers are outdated and not as preferable to SAO or striker fired.  It is not a common enough gun today to have a lot of holster compatibility, especially with a light and RMR.  ETA: The slide mounted safety was dumb when they put it there, and is dumb today.

I don't know that I can say definitively which is "best".  I can say I wouldn't put an M9A3 in the top three of that list.  For me an M17 or M18 with RMR/DPP plus an X300v is my choice.  A glock 17 or 19 with the same is another great choice.  If the triggers bother you replace them or get better.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:13:21 PM EDT
[#29]
But for the slide mounted safeties, they certainly look nice.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 3:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#31]
>practiced with your Glock

I’ve personally seen OP make 200m hits with a G19 lol

Quoted:
OP, you've created a combination of nonsense requirements and incorrect assumptions about each gun to come to the conclusion that an M9A3 is "the best".

First, you have an X400v on the other guns and an X300v on your Beretta.  With an RMR the aiming module in the X400v is unnecessary.  An X400v greatly reduces holster compatibility and removing the LAM part of it also negates the issues of mounting your light to a polymer rail.  Put the X300v on any of your guns for a fair comparison.

Second, ammo capacity.  You compared a full size 9mm to a compact and a 1911.  Everyone knows 1911s are low capacity, they have been for nearly 100 years.  A glock 19 holds 15+1 but you can get bigger magazines for it so this isn't really a fair comparison.

Third, quiet.  Any of the guns on your list, and any common handgun in production, can be fitted with a threaded barrel and suppressor. Yes, a suppressed M9 is quieter than a non-suppressed glock. The sky is blue too.

Fourth, trigger quality and accuracy. You are right, the M9 has a great trigger and I can't really refute that.  In practice a good trigger makes a gun appear more accurate because they are easier to shoot.  Mechanically speaking I seriously doubt your M9 is more accurate than any other modern production handgun and if you practiced with your glock more you wouldn't be disappointed with its accuracy.

Now, I'll say the M9 is a beautiful gun and they do shoot well.  The updates made on the M9A3, plus slide milling, make it a modern gun and it is capable of quiet shooting under night vision.  That said, I have complaints about it still.  It is unnecessarily large, and being all metal it is heavy.  DA/SA triggers are outdated and not as preferable to SAO or striker fired.  It is not a common enough gun today to have a lot of holster compatibility, especially with a light and RMR.  ETA: The slide mounted safety was dumb when they put it there, and is dumb today.

I don't know that I can say definitively which is "best".  I can say I wouldn't put an M9A3 in the top three of that list.  For me an M17 or M18 with RMR/DPP plus an X300v is my choice.  A glock 17 or 19 with the same is another great choice.  If the triggers bother you replace them or get better.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactamundo.....
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Interesting.

All my other nv pistols are in safariland holsters so im used to very secure retention. Im not sure if that would fulfill the same role.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.ibb.co/t34bzRQ/6177982-C-FED5-4-A9-D-9-D78-E4-A4-E3-A0783-C.jpg

Interesting.

This Works well and even locks

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It feels weird to have to say this, but doesn’t it not require the use of a safety?

Get a M9A3 G model... decock only. No safety.

When I first got my M9A3 I put 1500+ rounds through it suppressed without ever lubing, or cleaning. While the G17 had issues going 200 or so rounds without lubing the booster. Its definitely a great gun for suppressed. Reddot mounting options suck... but its currently my go to NVG pistol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I am seeing quite a lot of mentions of 9mm pistols here, including the OP.
A REAL Night Vision Man would carry nothing less than a 45 as his sidearm.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
>practiced with your Glock

I’ve personally seen OP make 200m hits with a G19 lol

View Quote

Lol

Sees 2017 Join date.

“This guy must not know what he’s doing”
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is a good post. You actually came in with reasons for your thoughts. Rather than just saying “Nah M9s suck”.

First, I can shoot a Glock. I’ll take a bone stock Gen5 and ace the no fail pistol at 25y right now. Solid 95+ on B8s all day long (using an rmr) . I don’t say this to dick measure, but rather point out that with an M9 I can get 100 4x or better consistently. (Using an RMR) More importantly its *easy* to shoot a SA pistol that good. It takes less training and less practice when your trigger press is like clicking a mouse. Some people don’t have a need for that level of accuracy, and truthfully I don’t either but it’s nice to have it. There is a training demand for the M9 with the DA/SA change after the first round but I don’t conceal carry this weapon and 1-2 splits are not something I really worry about under NV. I’d say aside from weight that’s probably the only downside.

Second, I generally agree with all your points. Yes a 1911 has low capacity. Less all 9mm pistols will be quiet. Yes a G19 (which I adore) is smaller and lighter than an M9. My OP was more or less an attempt to stir up conversation and not to genuinely say without a doubt there are no good options aside from the M9. We live in a great time where there are actually a ton of great NV pistol options but I think recent attempts to modernize the platform have done really good things to the M9 and I wanted to highlight that with my OP. I think a lot of people, me included, were issued a shitty M9 in the military and feel they are a POS. I’m interested to hear thoughts on the M17 in 20 years

No real disagreements to note, but I do suggest people give the M9 a shot. It’s come a long way and LTT figuring out how to mount an optic is a legit game changer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This is a good post. You actually came in with reasons for your thoughts. Rather than just saying “Nah M9s suck”.

First, I can shoot a Glock. I’ll take a bone stock Gen5 and ace the no fail pistol at 25y right now. Solid 95+ on B8s all day long (using an rmr) . I don’t say this to dick measure, but rather point out that with an M9 I can get 100 4x or better consistently. (Using an RMR) More importantly its *easy* to shoot a SA pistol that good. It takes less training and less practice when your trigger press is like clicking a mouse. Some people don’t have a need for that level of accuracy, and truthfully I don’t either but it’s nice to have it. There is a training demand for the M9 with the DA/SA change after the first round but I don’t conceal carry this weapon and 1-2 splits are not something I really worry about under NV. I’d say aside from weight that’s probably the only downside.

Second, I generally agree with all your points. Yes a 1911 has low capacity. Less all 9mm pistols will be quiet. Yes a G19 (which I adore) is smaller and lighter than an M9. My OP was more or less an attempt to stir up conversation and not to genuinely say without a doubt there are no good options aside from the M9. We live in a great time where there are actually a ton of great NV pistol options but I think recent attempts to modernize the platform have done really good things to the M9 and I wanted to highlight that with my OP. I think a lot of people, me included, were issued a shitty M9 in the military and feel they are a POS. I’m interested to hear thoughts on the M17 in 20 years

No real disagreements to note, but I do suggest people give the M9 a shot. It’s come a long way and LTT figuring out how to mount an optic is a legit game changer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made some assumptions based on your accuracy and trigger comments, I see that I was incorrect.  I can't deny that a good SA trigger is better than most striker triggers.

I have a bone stock M9 and I enjoy shooting the gun, but it is entirely a collector's piece to me.  I too am interested to see how the M17 holds up in service.  At the very least their modularity and overall cost lends itself to repair or replacement if the military can handle doing the paperwork to do so.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I went a much simpler route. I bought IR laser grips by Crimson Trace for both my Beretta 92fs and my 1911a1 a couple of years ago and never looked back. They both still fit in the same holsters and with the 22lr conversion kits, they have quite a bit of flexibility for use.  
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Locks me into certain models tho, and also i have heard from various trusted sources that they very much do not work reliably.

I do like your pasta pistol tho. It shoots gooder.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#41]
The Beretta M9A3 is the best pistol
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#42]
M9 was my first pistol and I love me some Beretta but striker fired is where it's at for serious use.

I also don't care for lasers on pistols. Passive or dot with ir illumination.
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#43]
My Masterfire is right around 3 1/2 years old and is absolutely the best holster I’ve ever used. ALS is a joke in comparison. The Masterfire is fast as fuck, locks up tighter than Hunter Biden’s grip on a crackpipe, and can be run with or without a can.

Masterfire = Masterrace

Quoted:

Locks me into certain models tho, and also i have heard from various trusted sources that they very much do not work reliably.

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:34:44 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forgot to mention the auto on/off of the light sucks. But as a holster, its perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Glock not accurate?  It’s you, not the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Glock not accurate?  It’s you, not the Glock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#47]
@amediocreshooter with the rds sitting much higher vs a glock 19 do you find yourself searching for the dot on either?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have a G19 w/ X400V & RM06 and an FBI Professional with an X400V.

They don’t come anywhere close to the M9A3 w/ LTT trigger work and RMR.

M9A3: 20+1 rounds. Super quiet. Great ergonomics for finding the dot under NV. 35 years of use by .mil and subsequent improvements. Extremely short reset and crisp trigger pull. And best of all it is dead nuts accurate.

G19: Great pistol for someone who wants something simple and cheap. But accuracy is lacking and I want a metal rail if I’m using an IR laser.

FBI Professional: Amazing 1911 by all accounts but 10+1 capacity max? Also nearly impossible to suppress (without extreme measures of custom fitting to go along with the custom job) Boomer grade.

Go ahead and hate on the pasta pistol. Try and tell me why I’m mistaken.

https://i.ibb.co/NYvByLW/255-B4-B69-06-F0-4-C81-B82-E-A61-CD0-BB1-D11.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/R9gS3k3/DF95-CF22-94-CA-45-C2-8-A54-D933456-F495-D.jpg
View Quote

I have a hard time believing that polymer rails on the G19 are going to result in a measurable reduction in accuracy. For that matter I doubt there is a measurable difference between G19 and M9 accuracy...are you sure it’s not just that you have practiced more with the M9 due to liking it more? Is the M9 really quieter than the G19? I’m curious because I have a G19 suppressor host waiting for my CGS mod9 to be released from jail.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:07:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have a hard time believing that polymer rails on the G19 are going to result in a measurable reduction in accuracy. For that matter I doubt there is a measurable difference between G19 and M9 accuracy...are you sure it’s not just that you have practiced more with the M9 due to liking it more? Is the M9 really quieter than the G19? I’m curious because I have a G19 suppressor host waiting for my CGS mod9 to be released from jail.
View Quote

With a rail mounted laser I can see the Glock being "less accurate"

My G17 does sound louder than my buddy's M9A3. Same ammo and suppressor. We both have GM9 so shooting back to back the Glock sounds louder. Maybe the Glock is unlocking sooner and I'm hearing some of that pop from the chamber. Not sure if I can tell a difference when shooting subs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep.  Horsesh*t.   A conclusion looking for perception to back up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top