Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2021 11:23:00 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:05:18 PM EST
[#1]
Wonder what kind of trigger upgrade is supposed to be in that thing. Looks like the stock sear is still in it at the very least.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 2:24:54 PM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder what kind of trigger upgrade is supposed to be in that thing. Looks like the stock sear is still in it at the very least.
View Quote

I went with the 2020 sear.  It improves it quite a bit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:04:13 PM EST
[#3]
Ok well now I want an AUG. Damn…
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:18:07 PM EST
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Get some.  I recently came across 2 of them, still NiB, and both with the older chrome lined barrels.

I had the DieHard starter collection out yesterday.  MP5, AUG, 92FS.

And they make a padovach loader for these.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:53:47 PM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've only had mine a few months and am ready to add another, just looking for the best deal I can find.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:02:52 PM EST
[#6]
Love an AUG.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:13:34 PM EST
[#7]
Quoted:

I've only had mine a few months and am ready to add another, just looking for the best deal I can find.
https://i.postimg.cc/bwjHTRFG/AUG-Perfection.jpg
View Quote

What are those mag loaders? Those look pretty nice.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:00:28 PM EST
[#8]
Aug gets beat buy every feature of the x95. Why anyone would want one for anything but a range toy is beyond me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:01:58 PM EST
[#9]
His appraisal isn't wrong at all.  And compared to the many other reviews I've seen and read over the years his is accurate and touches on the right points.

On the subject of the AUG trigger which invariably is the top of every reviewer's dislike list, I'll have to say it's a remediable issue with solutions from various outfits: Triggertamer, 2020, etc. or a combo of these.  If you're a long time AUG owner you may already be using one or more of these solutions and have already biomechanically trained yourself with your AUG's trigger break.  You have to own an AUG to know that the trigger criticism isn't an enormous detriment.  

I've said for over a decade (and here, in fact) that I've got mine to where it's not the desirable national match "thin glass rod breaking" feel, but I do have what can best be described as the break feeling of an oven-roasted paper Q-Tip stem held in a vice.   If you want to know what a great AUG trigger break feels like, go get a genuine Johnson and Johnson paper stem Q-Tip and dry it out in a toaster oven.  Then clamp the Q-Tip in a Vise-Grips pliers until only 3/4" is showing and pull the Q-Tip stem like a rifle trigger.  When it snaps, that's the best you can get with an AUG.  Personally I am more than pleased with the feel.  I can get sub MOA results with my AUG using a shooting bench, a calm morning, a ACOG TA31F, and boutique match ammo.  

Basically, it's like a military rifle made by Porsche.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:07:51 PM EST
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Austrian Army stripper clips.  I have a few.  You can find them on auctions from time to time.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:09:07 PM EST
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup strippers
Relatively rare as well
I got two complete sets as part of a package
People keep bugging to buy them off me but they are keepers
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:11:10 PM EST
[#12]
Quoted:
Aug gets beat buy every feature of the x95. Why anyone would want one for anything but a range toy is beyond me.
View Quote

I tried the X95 more than a few times and found the AUG to be better
Choices are great aren't they
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:14:25 PM EST
[#13]
He’s usually spot on but since when I’d a 16” barrel really long??? I want a 20, lol.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:25:23 PM EST
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The AUG to me has superior balance than an X-95, I prefer AUG mags to AR pattern mags, I find the AUG's safety to be quicker and easier to use than a AR style, and on average most people can wring out better accuracy out of an AUG, even with the trigger differences.
Only thing I'd say is better for the X-95 is the aftermarket, and there are people constantly working to make up that difference now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:58:33 PM EST
[#15]
Quoted:

The AUG to me has superior balance than an X-95, I prefer AUG mags to AR pattern mags, I find the AUG's safety to be quicker and easier to use than a AR style, and on average most people can wring out better accuracy out of an AUG, even with the trigger differences.
Only thing I'd say is better for the X-95 is the aftermarket, and there are people constantly working to make up that difference now.
View Quote

Yup, the engineering of the AUG is still superior to that of the X-95. The AUG having the point of balance right over the pistol grip cannot be understated. From what I recall, the Tavor/X95 have their point of balance further back towards the shoulder.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:25:18 PM EST
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh, you mean the rifle the IDF is dropping from service after only a decade in use?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:48:17 PM EST
[#17]
Quoted:
He’s usually spot on but since when I’d a 16” barrel really long??? I want a 20, lol.
View Quote

I think he was considering it long for it's size and in comparison to his Mk.18 that he pulled out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:44:09 AM EST
[#18]
I really do wish that someone would do a review, including accuracy, of an AUG with a 2020 precision sear.

They always complain about the trigger but never look at the known solution.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 5:23:38 AM EST
[#19]
Quoted:

Yup, the engineering of the AUG is still superior to that of the X-95. The AUG having the point of balance right over the pistol grip cannot be understated. From what I recall, the Tavor/X95 have their point of balance further back towards the shoulder.
View Quote

So I just got my X95 and don’t have an AUG so I’m speaking from ignorance a bit but I’m actually glad that my X95 was rear heavy because now that I put a can, perst and flashlight on the front it feels very evened out and the front feels super light still compared to an AR with all my mall ninja shit hanging off it
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:14:41 AM EST
[#20]
Quoted:

Oh, you mean the rifle the IDF is dropping from service after only a decade in use?
View Quote

Their reserves are going to be issued them, so not "dropped". Makes sense when you think about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:42:59 AM EST
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn’t mean the X95 is a bad rifle, and they’re replacing it with the M4, not the AUG so there’s that.

Between the two I like the X95.  I prefer it’s mag release, safety, better light mounting options.  But I think the M4 platform is superior to both.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:19:16 PM EST
[#22]
Quoted:
I really do wish that someone would do a review, including accuracy, of an AUG with a 2020 precision sear.

tsh77769
View Quote

Is the 2020 sear still available?  If it isn't, it's pretty much a moot point because no one could get one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:36:50 PM EST
[#23]
I love my AUG

the 2020 and trigger tamer both should still be for sale or were last I looked.

I don't have either in mine I just got used to where the trigger breaks and problem solved.

I need one of those mag loaders that looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:57:32 PM EST
[#24]
Quoted:

Is the 2020 sear still available?  If it isn't, it's pretty much a moot point because no one could get one.
View Quote

Yes.

https://store.ratworxusa.com/products/accessories-steyr-990000005357-20-tsm-auga3-2545
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 1:21:55 PM EST
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ratworx sells them on gunbroker.  They seem to list them in small batches so it always looks like they're about out.  I recently bought 1 from them.  Then the next day I got the second AUG, so I got on and ordered the "last" 2020 sear.  Within a day, they had listed another batch of them.

I tried buying from the store link above ^^.  Their website is garbage.  It let me add it to the card and make it 99% of the way through the checkout before saying the item was sold out.  Then a couple times in the next day they flip flopped from in stock to sold out.  It never let me complete the checkout without flopping back to "sold out".
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 2:57:28 PM EST
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

tsh77769

I looked at Ratworkx and it is available now.

The 2020 sear replacement is a big plus to have.

I was waiting for a long time for the Geissele/Corvous Defendso trigger pack. I have no idea if that made it out the initial media release.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:42:52 PM EST
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

They are extremely fragile and while a cool addition to your collection, not really useable or worth it.

If you’re looking for a way to load mags, the maglula AR15 stripper clip guide or whatever version of large curved ammo guide will work great.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:51:01 PM EST
[#28]
Quoted:

I was waiting for a long time for the Geissele/Corvous Defendso trigger pack. I have no idea if that made it out the initial media release.
View Quote

Those hammerpacks are distinct from one another and neither company had partnered with or was associated with the other. Not implying that was your statement or intent, AR18, but just putting it out there to clear up erroneous statements I’ve seen on other sites.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 1:34:01 AM EST
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it is still in production. It is sold by Ratworx both on their site and also on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 5:51:21 PM EST
[#30]
Quoted:

Those hammerpacks are distinct from one another and neither company had partnered with or was associated with the other. Not implying that was your statement or intent, AR18, but just putting it out there to clear up erroneous statements I’ve seen on other sites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why I gave up on that trigger pack ever coming out. Yes, I saw the press release on the website when they announced AUG improvements like case deflector, mag release, and the rails.  I was wondering how good the company back in 2017 and if they did shipped to the US.  I ordered only the case deflector to see if the product was really work as advertised. I should had order the mag release at the same time. The shipping from the EU was painful.  The again should  had order it when Steyr had the Corvous products in stock.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 7:54:25 PM EST
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

As a 5.56 gun I think the AUG is better than the X95, having owned an AUG and shot an X95.  I prefer the balance and overall feel of the gun.

However, IMO, the Tavor 7 beats the AUG as the best overall bullpup.  Completely different operating system than the X95, fully ambi, and a surprisingly good trigger.

Quoted:
I really do wish that someone would do a review, including accuracy

My AUG was sub-MOA with match ammo and it was pretty consistent as well.  I can't remember the two types of match I put through it... maybe FGMM and Hornady Match.  Pretty much all of the Hornady groups I did were sub-MOA.  The FGMM or whatever the other ammo was hovered around 1 MOA.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:12:47 AM EST
[#32]
Quoted:

tsh77769
View Quote

I don't have a full review but I can share some info about my AUG A3 20" 1:9 nitrided barrel's accuracy and reliability.

Accuracy:
1.1-1.6 MOA , with Norma 223 55gr FMJ.
~1.6 MOA , with Geco 223 55gr FMJ.
~2.2 MOA , with Pine Valley 77gr OTM.
~2.2 MOA , with Magtech 77gr OTM.
~2.8 MOA , Creedmoor 75 gr OTM.

Reliability & Durability:
Currently at 4500rds. 100% function, no issues, no breakage.
I did a 4000rds "no maintenance test" where I didn't oil or clean the gun and it functioned perfectly.

Link Posted: 9/8/2021 1:06:12 AM EST
[#33]
My AUG does pretty well accuracy wise.  I haven't benched it, but it seems to hit what I point it at more often than not.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 7:54:17 AM EST
[#34]
Quoted:

Their reserves are going to be issued them, so not "dropped". Makes sense when you think about it.
View Quote

I think we still had some Trapdoor Springfields in inventory at the start of WWII to issues to reserves.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 11:54:52 AM EST
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually they aren’t. The IDF (link) is ordering more not less. As for the AUG vs X95. the only thing AUG really had over the X95 was accuracy and my newest X95 is a solid 2.5” which narrows the gap greatly especially off the bench. As for AUG vs X95. Like I said before, if the AUG were Austrian made or at least had Austrian CL bbl I’d rather have it just because I have a soft spot for AUGs but with the US AUG as it is right now I’ll gladly keep my X95.

An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.