Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 3:57:57 AM EDT
Anyone have one, or heard of someone having one?  First round of preorders were fulfilled I think.

https://www.fimsfirearms.com/introducing-the-fims-spbp/

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#1]
$2500 MSRP.

Better be one hell of a rifle for that as you're not about to change calibers or anything. They shrink-fit the barrels if I'm remembering right.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:41:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$2500 MSRP.

Better be one hell of a rifle for that as you're not about to change calibers or anything. They shrink-fit the barrels if I'm remembering right.
View Quote

Yep the barrel is cryo fit into the receiver.  Not a lot of non-semi auto bullpups available though.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep the barrel is cryo fit into the receiver.  Not a lot of non-semi auto bullpups available though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$2500 MSRP.

"Cryo fit" - what a marketing term!

It's shrink fit and outside of firearms it's a pretty common procedure. I think the last time I used that technique in anything firearms-related was when I added a cascabel to a cannon barrel.

Still you're right about the lack of bolt/single/manual action bullpups in general. I'd happily give the SPBP a try given the opportunity.

ETA: In fact I can't think of many manual action bullpup rifles. Here's a list.

Steinkamp SW1
FAVS Stradivari
Pfeifer SR2/SR3
Sommer & Ockenfuss Griffrepetierer
DT SRS

Aside from those I suppose there are various one-offs and things like AUGs or Tavors with the gas system disabled.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I’d actually consider the Stradivari if it was available in the USA.

On that list, the only available one is the Desert Tech, which is both heavy and prohibitively expensive.

A company called MK Machining makes an R700 chassis as well:
https://www.mkmachining.com/mk2-bullpup-chassis/ however I’m not sure on availability.

I’m looking for something to use as a suppressed bullpup hunting rifle. The can is a massive Sig SRD338QD - 10.5” long.  Not much on the US market for that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’d actually consider the Stradivari if it was available in the USA.

On that list, the only available one is the Desert Tech, which is both heavy and prohibitively expensive.

A company called MK Machining makes an R700 chassis as well:
https://www.mkmachining.com/mk2-bullpup-chassis/ however I’m not sure on availability.

I’m looking for something to use as a suppressed bullpup hunting rifle. The can is a massive Sig SRD338QD - 10.5” long.  Not much on the US market for that.
View Quote

They're all available. Bring plenty of cash!

Seriously though - if you're interested in a Stradivari then you can import one. More accurately you can have one imported.

I was quoted around $6000 for a basic mid-length model.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#6]
All it takes is money I suppose.  If it was 3000 I’d be all over it, the barrel to OAL ratio has to be the best on earth.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
All it takes is money I suppose.  If it was 3000 I’d be all over it, the barrel to OAL ratio has to be the best on earth.
View Quote

The price includes buying the rifle and importing it if that makes any difference. I keep toying with the thought.

You aren't kidding about the minimized footprint. It adds only an inch or two to the barrel length.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The price includes buying the rifle and importing it if that makes any difference. I keep toying with the thought.

You aren't kidding about the minimized footprint. It adds only an inch or two to the barrel length.
View Quote

Wow. You’d almost have to SBR it. What caliber would you get? I was thinking 308 originally but a 24-25” barrel seems excessive lol.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#9]
It won't hurt anything to have a long barrel. When I was about ready to order one I was waffling between .308 and .30-06.

Practically all other calibers offered are more suited to making an SBR from it as you'd still have a 16" barrel with ease.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It won't hurt anything to have a long barrel. When I was about ready to order one I was waffling between .308 and .30-06.

Practically all other calibers offered are more suited to making an SBR from it as you'd still have a 16" barrel with ease.
View Quote

Maybe we can get a group buy going to reduce costs. There’s gotta be 10 or 20 people in the country that would by one of these.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:31:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It's shrink fit and outside of firearms it's a pretty common procedure. I think the last time I used that technique in anything firearms-related was when I added a cascabel to a cannon barrel.

Still you're right about the lack of bolt/single/manual action bullpups in general. I'd happily give the SPBP a try given the opportunity.

Steinkamp SW1
FAVS Stradivari
Pfeifer SR2/SR3
DT SRS

Aside from those I suppose there are various one-offs and things like AUGs or Tavors with the gas system disabled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
$2500 MSRP.

Steinkamp SW1
FAVS Stradivari
Pfeifer SR2/SR3
DT SRS

Don't forget the Barrett M95.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know how I did forget that - but I did! Good catch.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's kind of odd. I was actually surprised to find out they still make it.
They also apparently still make the M99, but it's a single shot and I didn't think it quite fit in here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top