Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 12:56:40 AM EDT
I bought a tb g36c and at first it ran like a champ then ever 4-6 rounds a stove pipe, sent back to Tommy and he said the trunion was out of spec, got a new gun have had it 2 weeks and it’s back to stove piping every 4-6 rounds.

I use various types of ammo from lc m193 To pmc 62gr lap even Tula (which this gun oddly likes), I even shoot various weight home loads from 55 to 62 to 77 otm, everything is loaded on the hotter side of the spectrum for my various ar15’s brass is sized with a small base die so it’s sized down to cycle in all my 556 ar’s which it does nicely.

A German army guy said they used ballistol as a lube and I have been using it for this gun from day 1 but after cleaning tonight I used some liquid frog lube, not sure what to do about the short stroking or stove piping which ever you wanna call it, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Could be a gas port issue?  If i'm not mistaken, I believe Tommy uses GG&G barrels on those things, and they are known to be very inconsistent with quality.  Either way, I'd send it back to Tommy and he will make it right.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could be a gas port issue?  If i'm not mistaken, I believe Tommy uses GG&G barrels on those things, and they are known to be very inconsistent with quality.  Either way, I'd send it back to Tommy and he will make it right.
View Quote

I talk to him today and he said a possible bolt issue, and he uses gsg9 bolts bolt heads and barrels
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I meant to say GSG9.  Got the companies mixed up!  Hopefully he gets it right for you.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A friend and I went out yesterday and shot his TB G36C for the first time and it ran like a top. Truly a joy to shoot. I hope yours gets fixed!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 5:28:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I had the exact same issue, even sent it back to tb and he said it was fine. i ended up replacing all the internal parts with german and it helped mostly. now it only runs .223 reliably, pmc bronze and tula run great, 5.56 will still stovepipe about 1 in 30 rounds. seems like a few of us got lemons, and sometimes i wish i would have just returned it and cut my losses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top