Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2020 9:12:08 PM EDT
So a customer contacts me today about receiving a transfer from an individual in Texas. Sure no problem.
A couple hours later I hear back from him and the seller is claiming per Texas law he cannot mail a firearm out of state to an FFL as an individual. But it has to go through a Texas FFL?  It makes no difference to me but it piqued my curiosity. My google Fu may be weak but I could not find anything referring to that in Texas law.

Y’all have any insight?
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:20:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So a customer contacts me today about receiving a transfer from an individual in Texas. Sure no problem.
A couple hours later I hear back from him and the seller is claiming per Texas law he cannot mail a firearm out of state to an FFL as an individual. But it has to go through a Texas FFL?  It makes no difference to me but it piqued my curiosity. My google Fu may be weak but I could not find anything referring to that in Texas law.

Y’all have any insight?
View Quote

<-----Texas FFL/SOT
You are dealing with an idiot seller.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 10:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never had a problem sending to FFL's.  I had one jackass 'help you mail' lady throw my boxed pistol on the floor once I told her what was in the box. Never been back.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

<-----Texas FFL/SOT
You are dealing with an idiot seller.
View Quote
Yes this was my assumption.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI

Idiot. No different than him sending it directly to an out of state gunsmith or the original mfg for repair.

And they (the gunsmith or mfg) can send it directly back to him without using an FFL.

ETA: The only difference is your FFL is receiving the firearm and completing the transfer to you.

ETA: Ask him to cite the law so we can all be properly educated.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:02:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Y’all have any insight?
View Quote

A little clarity is needed here. Three terms are important and similar, but have different meanings, and mislead people all the time. He could be right, but is using the wrong words.

"seller is claiming per Texas law he cannot mail a firearm out of state to an FFL as an individual. But it has to go through a Texas FFL?"

1. By "firearm", did he mean long gun or handgun?
2. By "mail", it usually means by US Postal Service, but people use the term all the time for FedEx and UPS.
3. By Texas law, he could mean Federal Law.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top