User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2017 2:12:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
looks like a good deal
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I did one of the reviews. I liked it, but didn't like how close the shoulder straps were on my neck (neither did my wife). Anything you want to know about it?
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine in the mail today and put my 10x12 plates in it.  Bought it for active shooter situations at work.  Initially very pleased with the quality.  Shoulder straps are a little close but I’m still able to slip in on without any issue, and that’s over top my soft armor which rides in an outer uniform style carrier.

Since just getting it today, haven’t  had a chance to use it in the wild, but I don’t forsee any problems.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does it do with large or XL plates? Does it hold them well.

I have heard others say that the straps are too close to the neck on both sides.
View Quote
They should hold 11x14 plates very well. The 10x12" fit great because they have the internal straps. The 1" thick level IVs I had in for testing fit very nice as well. And if I'm allowed to whore myself "buffman" does get you 5% off :D https://goo.gl/1KsttX
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
So who makes these and what makes them better than the other cheap chinese stitched carriers on the market...Condor, Pantac, etc.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Made in Vietnam?
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So who makes these and what makes them better than the other cheap chinese stitched carriers on the market...Condor, Pantac, etc.
View Quote
Like Layer said, they're made in Vietnam. I've only played with a few carriers, so I'm definitely not an SME, but I do have a $45 Condor Sentry at home, and the Veritas blows it out of the water. Good stitching every where, material definitely doesn't feel cheap, and it far more comfortable. A few of the Condor Sentry's we have at the gym are worn out from use. Sharp edges on hook and loop panels.. I have a Beez Low Pro carrier at home that I'm quite fond of, but that's a no frills here's some fabric and some velcro to strap it on you carrier :D
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 10:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Like Layer said, they're made in Vietnam. I've only played with a few carriers, so I'm definitely not an SME, but I do have a $45 Condor Sentry at home, and the Veritas blows it out of the water. Good stitching every where, material definitely doesn't feel cheap, and it far more comfortable. A few of the Condor Sentry's we have at the gym are worn out from use. Sharp edges on hook and loop panels.. I have a Beez Low Pro carrier at home that I'm quite fond of, but that's a no frills here's some fabric and some velcro to strap it on you carrier :D
View Quote

That describes quite a few current offerings on the market.
Link Posted: 12/13/2017 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#10]
So it would seem that there are some very nice "cheap" plate carriers on the market of decent enough quality to deserve a look.  Although, weeding through the crap is the problem...which ones are junk and which are not?

I just replaced my HSGI Woosatch with a Pantac XPC and really like it.  Pantac is obviously known as an airsoft brand but for $70 I thought I would give it a try.  I was very impressed with the quality of materials (ITW buckles, Cordura and Velcro branded material).  The stitching looks to be very nice as well.  I'm not an expert but it appears to be double stitched and bar tacked in all the right places with no loose ends or threads.  The PALS webbing is also spaced consistently.  I'm not saying it's on par with LBT, HSGI, etc. but for my needs it should work well.

If/when this XPC falls apart, I will probably upgrade to something known for higher quality but for now, this one is GTG.

I know we have a "cheap" or economy optic thread, maybe we need a "cheap" plate carrier thread to compare the quality and figure out which ones are truly junk and which ones will work good enough for us common folk...?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The AR500 peeps stopped answering my email. Anyone have pictures of this thing with an XL plate in it?

TIA
View Quote
No pictures, but here is a video I found with 11x14 plates used in this carrier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8lofksyrlM&t=328s
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top