Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 11:48:27 AM EDT
Full review won’t be published until the scope is officially released and available for sale .

What I’m told by Bering Optics (who provided this unit to me for testing) is that retail price will be at or just shy of $ 5k

640 res
Able to be used as a monocular or clip on
Video out for recording
Various ways to add in front of scopes
Digital zoom capable when in clip on mode
A day optic with a zoom up to 20x may be used with this unit
Backed by a solid warranty

Bering Optics 640 res clip on Prototype Test & Evaluation thermal weapon sight Range and Hunting Vid
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:33:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice vid, great production quality.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
That's roughly 2-3" of parallax induced zero shift @ 100yds throughout the power range? Im going to assume that the day optics are going to be a huge variable in that from user to user.

Did you have an opportunity to see what it turns into at longer distances where it'd be more useful to employ?

I assume that's going to be the real achilles hill.
It was nice to see with the rail mount it had only drifted around an inch on base mag.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Are they going to release a 640 res Hogster dedicated scope too?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:13:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are they going to release a 640 res Hogster dedicated scope too?
View Quote
The plan is yes and looking at a late spring - early summer availability.  I also have received the 640 clip on prototype but haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The plan is yes and looking at a late spring - early summer availability.  I also have received the 640 clip on prototype but haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet.
View Quote

Cool. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's roughly 2-3" of parallax induced zero shift @ 100yds throughout the power range? Im going to assume that the day optics are going to be a huge variable in that from user to user.

Did you have an opportunity to see what it turns into at longer distances where it'd be more useful to employ?

I assume that's going to be the real achilles hill.
It was nice to see with the rail mount it had only drifted around an inch on base mag.
View Quote

This video is my account of basic function , for the full review I’ll put a scope with more magnification behind it and go to 400 yards with it to see what shifts look like.

That video won’t be ready for a few weeks
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my Hogster 35.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Usable image up to 20x mag for $5k? Somebody with a UTC and a TigIR should do a side-by-side review. Anybody got Horta's email?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Usable image up to 20x mag for $5k? Somebody with a UTC and a TigIR should do a side-by-side review. Anybody got Horta's email?
View Quote

Usable image is subjective
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm hesitant to buy a super hogster because then phenom (640 scanner) is priced about the same and this clip-on is coming out soon so it seems like a 640 hogster is just over the horizon and won't cost much more than the super hogster currently does.

Fingers crossed
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
My guess is a Bering 640 dedicated thermal scope is going to cost around 1k more than the Super Hogster .

Bering Optics Yoter-C Clip On Thermal Attachment 640 res 12 micron thermal device - PART 1
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#12]
This could finally get me off the weapon mounted bench.  
The breach is ok, but its time to do shooty stuff with thermal sometime this year.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
When the Yoter-C is Rail mounted, what is the optic center-line (I assume that's important?)? Any further info on accuracy at extended ranges? I assumed that once you digitally dialed it in to same POA/POI - it was good out to whatever?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When the Yoter-C is Rail mounted, what is the optic center-line (I assume that's important?)? Any further info on accuracy at extended ranges? I assumed that once you digitally dialed it in to same POA/POI - it was good out to whatever?
View Quote

Don’t quote me (check w Bering or a dealer) but I think the clip on centerline height above rail was 1.5”

I didn’t get around to recording footage at distance as I had intended or hoped , I had a very limited set of day optics on hand for going out to distance and wasn’t consistently effective using what I had.

Once dialed in digitally I found that you’re good to go when using it across various optics and other rifles - it seemed to me that the digital zeroing is more about the rail to Yoter-C alignment than the rifle or optic your doing the process with.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:55:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Don’t quote me (check w Bering or a dealer) but I think the clip on centerline height above rail was 1.5”

I didn’t get around to recording footage at distance as I had intended or hoped , I had a very limited set of day optics on hand for going out to distance and wasn’t consistently effective using what I had.

Once dialed in digitally I found that you’re good to go when using it across various optics and other rifles - it seemed to me that the digital zeroing is more about the rail to Yoter-C alignment than the rifle or optic your doing the process with.
View Quote

Thank you Sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top