Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 9:48:38 AM EDT
I've always disconted the mac as cheap (Because it was supposed to be) and not really a serious PCC, And never thought of buying one, but in my quest to get a smaller PDW style 9mm PCC, and Mini uzi's being unobtanium, i have come back to the MAC, specifically the MPA930DMG that takes glock mags.

How is the quality on the MPA designs? it seems like they are starting to focus on their bolt guns and move away from the MAC's so i need to jump now to try and get one.
How harsh is the recoil for everything being so small of a package?

Being blowback i assume they're pretty reliable firearms.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#1]
The M11's I shot in the 80's had SHITTY plastic mags.
The aftermarket helped with that.

TASK slowfire conversions helped with the stupid ROF.

Lage made the whole thing look good.

MPA came in and made the whole thing better and still cheap.

That being said they are a clunky, heavy, uncomfortable scrap iron gun .
Yes I too had MAC's.

M10 J.A.W. Commando .45 NFA REG. FA.
M11 A1 open bolt semi.
M 11 SWD semi.
Fleming SubCal .22 conversion

Try the Foxtrot Mike Glock lower for something better.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M11's I shot in the 80's had SHITTY plastic mags.
The aftermarket helped with that.

TASK slowfire conversions helped with the stupid ROF.

Lage made the whole thing look good.

MPA came in and made the whole thing better and still cheap.

That being said they are a clunky, heavy, uncomfortable scrap iron gun .
Yes I too had MAC's.

M10 J.A.W. Commando .45 NFA REG. FA.
M11 A1 open bolt semi.
M 11 SWD semi.
Fleming SubCal .22 conversion

Try the Foxtrot Mike Glock lower for something better.
View Quote
A 9mm AR is a lot bigger than a Mac-11.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

A 9mm AR is a lot bigger than a Mac-11.
View Quote
You can PDW an AR

You can also PDW a G17

You have to shoot the damn thing...
Small isnt always controllable and accurate.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#4]
I am trying to steer you away from a MAC.
Consider me the voice of experience
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The MAC is one of those guns where, if it isn't a submachinegun, there are better options.  I have a M10/45 that I absolutely love, but it has a Lage upper and a selector switch.

We are living in the best of times for PCCs.  The real question is, do you want a PCC or do you specifically want a MAC?  If you specifically want a MAC and cannot afford (or do not want to spend) the price of admission, then the MPA guns have a good reputation.  However, it is still a clunky closed bolt modification of an open bolt design.
Link Posted: 5/19/2018 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Well i own or have owned most of the other PCC’s on the market, including MP5, scorpion evo, cx4, 9mm AR, X95 9mm (Waiting on SBR stamp) UZI, and well the Mac is one i havent owned yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a crush n the MAC-10 growing up in the 80s.  If you want one for retro collection they are OK and go for it, but not as a shooter.
I got into a Stephensville MAC-10 45, and while it worked and looked "cool"  Eventually found it wasn't fun to shoot.

The trigger was like pulling a staple gun lever - heavy and creepy.
The accuracy /precision was horrible - I never could get it to hit what I was aiming at - sights were useless, point-ability was useless.
Couldn't rapid fire thanks to the trigger pull and could not hit anything = heavy noisemaker.

Unless you have one on full auto and plan on using at short range - they are not very useful as a firearm that is desired to hit anything.

The aftermarket world has created a lot of options for full auto and semi auto MACs - I got out of them before these emerged, but there are just better options out there - Uzi is much better as one retro-ish SMG example.  I have an EVO and its fun light and accurate.  The semi-auto pistol based on mag-in-grip SMGs just don't hold a candle to it for accuracy.

I still think the MAC's look cool  - Watch the ski chase scene from the movie "The Soldier" and it will inspire you to want a MAC, but looking cool is where the fun ends in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 4:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, since i'm not very good at listening, i ordered a upper and lower glock mag Mac reciever from MPA. Will be putting one together piece by piece.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an older MPA semi-auto M11 clone. Externally, it is a dead ringer for a full auto sans the wire buttstock. My favorite FFL took it in on trade and sold it to me for $100 because he had so many wannabe-gangstas looking at it he wanted it out of the shop

I had to replace a worn sear plate which was causing jamming issues but MPA was super helpful with inexpensive parts and free technical advice. They offered to let me send them the gun and completely re-build it for what I thought was a very fair price but I opted to just make the minimal required repairs myself. As is, it was more of a novelty and not much fun to shoot. However, the addition of a pistol brace turned it into a compact and fun gun at the range but sill kind of a novelty.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one of the newer mpa guns that takes Glock mags, I put a shockwave brace on it and it’s been 100% reliable with Glock, Magpul, and ets mags. I did the side folder so it’ll fit in a backpack pretty easily, only downside I’ve had is that you must use an optic because the iron sights suck and it’s heavy as hell but it definitely works. I’d recommend them if your looking for a fun gun that’s tank like reliabitly. I’ll add pics when I get home tonight.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Id be more interested in the 380 version, but maybe only if there was a binary trigger i could put in it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one of the newer mpa guns that takes Glock mags, I put a shockwave brace on it and it’s been 100% reliable with Glock, Magpul, and ets mags. I did the side folder so it’ll fit in a backpack pretty easily, only downside I’ve had is that you must use an optic because the iron sights suck and it’s heavy as hell but it definitely works. I’d recommend them if your looking for a fun gun that’s tank like reliabitly. I’ll add pics when I get home tonight.
View Quote
Please do, this sounds like the same setup i want to use, however i will eventually have to goto the side cocking upper.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#13]
https://imgur.com/gallery/yCnKL22

Hope the link works any other questions let me know, it’s my first time linkin something
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:34:41 PM EDT
[#14]
@slimjim

Sorry took me a few days to get back to you, had family come in town lol
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 1:53:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/yCnKL22

Hope the link works any other questions let me know, it’s my first time linkin something
View Quote
Looks good

How is recoil?

Is that a fake can?
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 2:35:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Yea it’s fake the barrel sticks out about an inch past the receiver and I had no way to grip it up front so I added a rail and a fake can and put an afg on it. The really is no recoil it’s a dream to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yea it’s fake the barrel sticks out about an inch past the receiver and I had no way to grip it up front so I added a rail and a fake can and put an afg on it. The really is no recoil it’s a dream to shoot.
View Quote
So what does it weigh as pictured?

Btw, SB Tac came out w a new sig brace that  goes on a regular carbine mil spec receiver ext and telescopes w a sprung latch
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:13:13 AM EDT
[#18]
My 2-cents;  as an NFA toy bought in the 70's for under $100.00, there were dozens of better options out there, but almost none as cheap.

As an NFA toy with a stock and forward grip of some fashion or can, they are doable fun; a clunky stocked pistol. Flip to Auto and they were a bullet hose. Now we have various products to tame the beast.

IMHO, as a non-NFA semi; this is a novelty "pistol", and the semi carbine offering - if it still exists - is the better form factor. So if you get one, maybe consider a doing a Form-1 stocked pistol config and "can" (real or fake) for some usability.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I’m not sure I’ll weigh it tonight but it does weigh more than my 7.5 in ar pistol.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m not sure I’ll weigh it tonight but it does weigh more than my 7.5 in ar pistol.
View Quote
That’d be great.  If it is easy enough to slip the gake can off maybe weigh it w/o it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top