Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2018 9:04:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a sight height calculator in the Brownells catalog (or used to be) that can be used to find out how much change you might need. If you know how much too high your POI is, you can work up a correction for the front sight, however it might not correlate to the range settings on the rear sight.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Is there a stock disk or sticker on it?  They usually have a offset listed if needed.  Assuming there was one.

Mine has a disk with the offset listed as zero.  Google will find you web info on reading those stock disks.  Mine was way off but someone had the wrong front sight on it.  I bought the new sight but haven’t been back to the range with it.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is the POI?

If you are shooting high you can buy one of these.  You just slide it in the dovetail and then file/dremel it down.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/front-sights/mauser-91-dovetail-front-sight-blank-prod341.aspx
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top