Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2019 2:42:59 PM EDT
I  bought that gen2+ white phosphor from @chosos and @txdx is looking at it right now to see if the EP point can be fixed and usuable without too much of a blemish.

Chosos offered me a deal too good to pass up for two phenomenal matched gen2+ tubes so I guess I've gone a little crazy over the last couple of months. I got my first PVS-14 assembled and it functions great. I tried both tubes in the housing and they are way beyond my expectations. He was correct and they are begging for a binocular.

I've decided to go ahead and just bite the bullet and build another so I can bridge them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:00:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for interest.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 pvs14s with a mod armory d14 bridge. I like the setup but honestly if you’re building 2 pvs14s once a quality bridge is included in the cost ($500+) you’re in the ballpark of building a true bino setup like the rnvg.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The only real upside to the bridging two PVS14's is that you can incrementally build that setup; buy one PVS14, then save for a second, then save for the bridge.

Sure, you can share one with a friend or put one on your M4 or attach it to a camera, but a Mod-3 monocular can do all of the same things be plus be fully collimated and feature actual horizontal IP adjustment.

I have two 14's and while the D14 bridge is pretty nice, i've got my eyes set on an RNVG conversion. Although I might hold out a little longer if we get new flippy housings announced at SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my bridged 14's, but If I were to do it again, I would just have gone full binos.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait and see if anything comes out at SHOT this week. Otherwise, just get RNVG's or MOD3's.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I had bridged pit bulls for awhile but everyone told me I suck and to quit being poor so I switched to flippie bois. It really is lighter and the flipping one eye or both up and down is kind of cool but being able to split them apart was a way cooler function and worth the weight penalty.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I have duals on a Mod Armory light weight bridge and it's about 4ozs heavier vs Sentinels or most BNVDs. I really like the ability to split them up and the gull wing design to flip them up individually. If you where to buy a bino setup with the same features it bit a lot more vs a RNVG housing. As long as you balance your NODs running duals isn't a problem. Also having adjustable gain is a great feature for non tactical use since it really calms the image down. I also still use mono 14s a lot for the lightest packable package. Paired with a COTI its a hard system to beat. A lot of people make a huge deal about colminated binos but in actuality it's not that big of a deal. The lens of the 14 are really forgiving and Mod Armory did say if you cant get their bridge set up right send it in and they do it for you. I have both binos and dual 14s and while both have their strengths and weaknesses find a system that fits you the best. For hunting dual gain 14 and a thermal is best since you can flip one up to scan with thermal or look through your scope to take a shot . For fast pace binos with auto gain is best. If your interested I'm about to list my spare Mod Armory light weight bridge mount in the EE. Pm me if interested.
Link Posted: 1/21/2019 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
go full binos. i would try and find a used anvis housing or something or contact the vendors and see if you can get on any kind of list for a trade-in housing or something if someone decides to upgrade from MOD3's to RNVG's or something.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 2:24:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I considered going bridged 14s. And after consulting with others, as well as myself, and cost vs benefit. PVS-15s are where ill be going next. Would love a set of 31s but they're out of my price range even tho Im actually able to find them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
go full binos. i would try and find a used anvis housing or something or contact the vendors and see if you can get on any kind of list for a trade-in housing or something if someone decides to upgrade from MOD3's to RNVG's or something.
View Quote
I looked at the RNVG housings and found just the housing for $1,000 which is doable for me. I'll be contacting a few vendors and see if they have any of the beat to shit but functional bino housings. I have a bit of experience with the ANVIS-9's although they aren't ideal for ground operations, I would be perfectly content with a set of those. I'll be saving my pennies for a set of bino housings so when one comes available I'll be able to jump on it. I may just end up with a set of binos and a PVS-14, and a PVS-7.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:05:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I looked at the RNVG housings and found just the housing for $1,000 which is doable for me. I'll be contacting a few vendors and see if they have any of the beat to shit but functional bino housings. I have a bit of experience with the ANVIS-9's although they aren't ideal for ground operations, I would be perfectly content with a set of those. I'll be saving my pennies for a set of bino housings so when one comes available I'll be able to jump on it. I may just end up with a set of binos and a PVS-14, and a PVS-7.
View Quote
It'd be nice if more places sold used housing. I'd pick up a couple PVS15 sets in a heartbeat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top