Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2021 1:08:51 PM EDT
I've decided on the TW EXFIL LTP for a NVG platform and general bump protection.  What are the benefits/draw backs to the 2 rail choices TW offers.  There is a 2.0 and a 3.0 rail option.  I will use peltor hearing protection with the TW Peltor adapters as well if that makes any difference.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 3.0 rails. I have no experience with the 2.0.

My 3.0 rails has my Peltor COMTAC V's attached via the Unity MARK adapters and their Remora Mounts on both sides. I also have a pair of ESS Influx Pivot goggles attached to them and my Team Wendy bungee cords.  Everything I have attached works well with the 3.0 Rails.  However, it does require having to remove the rails to attach some things to it and reattaching the rails, it's not difficult, but it's slightly annoying to have to do.  I am happy with them overall though.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The 3.0 rail is designed specifically to integrate with their ballistic visor and/or mandible. If you don’t plan on using either of those, just go with the 2.0
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The 2.0 is the way to go unless the molded rail sections of the 3.0 are precisely where you intend to mount gear. I’ve changed this helmet around quite a bit as I’ve changed comms, gotten more into night vision etc. and I’ve always been thrilled with the 2.0 rails as I used after market mounts and other gear. Unless you plan on running TW’s ballistic shield as mentioned above, I would say 2.0

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking for a way to mount my Ear Pro with the OPSCORE arms and still keep space for my ESS Pivot Goggles attachment to the helmet.  Looking at the 2.0 rail maybe that would give me the space I need to do both? What do you guys think?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top