Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2020 8:58:36 PM EDT
Planning on picking up a bump helmet in their Black Friday sale. I like the integrated pic rail on the 3.0 for lights, etc. but also like the longer rail for hearing pro on the 2.0. What’s everyone’s experience with the 2.0 or 3.0 helmet rail?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I was trying to figure this out myself..

I found this article and went with 2.0.

https://reconbrothers.com/equipment/team-wendy-exfil-ltp-before-you-buy/
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got a three and love it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I went w the 2.0 only bc I have no plans of putting ear pro on there and I use the pic rail for an Ir light.  Also The bungees are able to go a little more to the front on the 2.0.  

I ordered Binos and was able to test them on a buddies 2.0 with my lo-sto mount and light how forward placed it was.  The 3.0 has them a few inches back. May not make a difference but I didn’t want to roll the dice. I can always buy the other Rail later if need be.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 2:33:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I’ve got 3.0 and it has everything I need on it.  Unity Tactical makes some good solutions. The 3.0 came with the SL and I’ve got no real complaints.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a TW bump with 2.0 rails and they hold everything i need
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
The 3.0 has the ability to add some stuff like visors and mandible.  Honest the 2.0 should be fine for just about everyone unless the prices are the same then go 3.0.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 6:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Went with the 3.0 for the integrated rail
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#8]
2.0 has rail sections that mount where the built in ones are on the 3.0 if I recall correctly (I have one, but not handy at the moment).

As for ear pro mounting, either way they mount in the same spot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#9]
My 3.0 Rail did require me unscrewing it from the helmet to attach the Ear Pro Unity Tactical MARK system and Remora then reattaching it. It's not difficult at all to do.  The bungee cords for NVG stability/tension also requires removal of the 3.0 Rail and reattachment of the 3.0 rail. If you use the bungee cords you will lose the ability to attach items to the front rail sections of the 3.0 Rail.  I don't use the front rail sections though, to me they are too far forward to mount a light.  

I'll let someone who owns the 2.0 Rail comment on whether removal is required for it.

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Aside from having to unscrew the 3.0 to attach the unity as mentioned.  I do like the rail on the end.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:47:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish we had more rails that used MLOK and attachments similar to what Kinetic Development Group sells with their q.d. MLOK stuff. Be so nice to just snap on and off things.  I know that MTEK does the MLOK rails and honestly if I had it my way that would be the standard.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I was issued an Exfil with the 3.0 rail and I guess it's fine for me. I don't go nuts with mounting stuff other than the bungees and a P-Tec Charge on the left side. For shits and gigs I mounted an X300 to the pic rail once and it actually looked and felt more or less natural.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top