Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2019 12:27:54 PM EDT
I really want one of these....... badly! Got the money... anybody have one? Do you like it?
I love the looks of them and they already come shortstroked.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn- I thought this was a lever gun forum! Anyways - I bought one!
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Pics?  How is it?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#3]
45 LC or 357?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pics?  How is it?
View Quote
Don't have it yet so.... I don't know
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
45 LC or 357?
View Quote
357- to keep all same caliber
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Hindsight - Should have bought the 20 inch barrel !
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:39:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Not even a stock catalog pic, so we know what you're talking about ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not even a stock catalog pic, so we know what you're talking about ?
View Quote
From their webpage...

Way too much money in my opinion - but if that's what floats your boat, enjoy it.

Bob S.

(What do these cost on that side of the pond?)
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 11:18:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Should be here by Friday-
Yes totally overpriced but you only live once!
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#10]
So besides the short stroking, it is essentially a regular short rifle with some leather added ?
How much extra do they charge for those features ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So besides the short stroking, it is essentially a regular short rifle with some leather added ?
How much extra do they charge for those features ?
View Quote
Apparently they charge a lot
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#12]
If YOU like the rifle, I hope that you enjoy the hell out of it.

Don't let other people's personal desires for this or that and selection criteria/priorities impede your enjoyment of that rifle in any way.  If they had wanted one, they would have bought one.  That you actually bought one speaks volumes.

That is a nice rifle!
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]
YES! Taylor's are on the higher side $$$ of the price list, but IMO you do get what you paid for. I have 2 of their SAA revolvers and they are the SWEETEST shooting guns I own.
At a recent gun show I got to verify the reason for their premium price. A dealer had; (used) a Winchester 92 modern version with tang safety {$750.00}, a Rossi model 92 {$450}, and a Taylor's 92 Rio Bravo {$1000.00}. Lined up on the table they appeared to be in the same almost new condition (his story they all had less than 50 rounds through them, all .45LC cowboy loads). The Winchester and Taylor's were both color case hardened receiver with blue barrel, the Rossi was all blue.
I have read that although the Rossi is inexpensive it is a reliable gun, that can be worked into a smooth action shooter. I felt like the energy needed to break open the action was like pumping up an air rifle. the feel of its operation was like sand paper was on the inside of the receiver. Then there was that stupid "SAFETY" sitting on top of the receiver. for some reason it kept drawing my eye to it instead of the sights. For a cheep entry to lever actions MAYBE? but not for me.
Winchester, the name synonymous with western lever action guns. This was a very nice looking gun at a distance. Upon closer inspection you could find minor mismatches in wood to metal junctions. Then again was that stupid CYOA "SAFETY", at least they put it more out of the way on the tang. You can find several articles about removing this and covering up where it was by installing a tang sight. This would be GREAT for a full size 24" rifle (old fashion long range gun), but these were all 20" carbine models. The action was what you would expect from the Granddaddy of all lever actions, smooth but nothing exceptional with a secure latch. All in all a decent deal for the price.
The hands down BEST gun was the Taylor's, I have been saving for one of these since. Not only was the fit and finish museum quality, but the action was as smooth as glass. Yes I was smitten with the whole "John Wayne effect" of that large loop lever. Everything about this gun SCREEMED First Class. I now have enough saved and have ordered one from a local Taylor's dealer. They are not in stock but have been told more are on there way.
I can't wait for it to arrive and get to the range. please post picks and a range report on yours as soon as you can.
Good Luck, & GREAT SHOOTING!
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:33:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
YES! Taylor's are on the higher side $$$ of the price list, but IMO you do get what you paid for. I have 2 of their SAA revolvers and they are the SWEETEST shooting guns I own.
At a recent gun show I got to verify the reason for their premium price. A dealer had; (used) a Winchester 92 modern version with tang safety {$750.00}, a Rossi model 92 {$450}, and a Taylor's 92 Rio Bravo {$1000.00}. Lined up on the table they appeared to be in the same almost new condition (his story they all had less than 50 rounds through them, all .45LC cowboy loads). The Winchester and Taylor's were both color case hardened receiver with blue barrel, the Rossi was all blue.
I have read that although the Rossi is inexpensive it is a reliable gun, that can be worked into a smooth action shooter. I felt like the energy needed to break open the action was like pumping up an air rifle. the feel of its operation was like sand paper was on the inside of the receiver. Then there was that stupid "SAFETY" sitting on top of the receiver. for some reason it kept drawing my eye to it instead of the sights. For a cheep entry to lever actions MAYBE? but not for me.
Winchester, the name synonymous with western lever action guns. This was a very nice looking gun at a distance. Upon closer inspection you could find minor mismatches in wood to metal junctions. Then again was that stupid CYOA "SAFETY", at least they put it more out of the way on the tang. You can find several articles about removing this and covering up where it was by installing a tang sight. This would be GREAT for a full size 24" rifle (old fashion long range gun), but these were all 20" carbine models. The action was what you would expect from the Granddaddy of all lever actions, smooth but nothing exceptional with a secure latch. All in all a decent deal for the price.
The hands down BEST gun was the Taylor's, I have been saving for one of these since. Not only was the fit and finish museum quality, but the action was as smooth as glass. Yes I was smitten with the whole "John Wayne effect" of that large loop lever. Everything about this gun SCREEMED First Class. I now have enough saved and have ordered one from a local Taylor's dealer. They are not in stock but have been told more are on there way.
I can't wait for it to arrive and get to the range. please post picks and a range report on yours as soon as you can.
Good Luck, & GREAT SHOOTING!
View Quote
I agree with everything you have said- I also just purchased a Taylors and Co smokehouse and a Cimarron Evil Roy. I have a think for single actions and lever guns! All I can say is life is short- enjoy it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top