Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2021 8:45:18 AM EDT
I have a question for the Tavor folks out there. I am doing the usual research before possibly another rifle and I have been looking at the Tavor family. All of my weapons have lights and I have seen the Tavor with an aftermarket handguard with an integrated light; in particular, Manticore and Midwest Industries. Needless to say there are other mounting options, but I like the look.... Thing is, they all seem to be out of stock. Is that due to their popularity or are they being discontinued?

Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#1]
My guess, not enough demand since the SAR was discontinued.    No manufacturer would want to do a production run and have them not sell.   You might contact Manticore Arms to see if they are ever going to do a run or will do just one more for you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My guess, not enough demand since the SAR was discontinued.    No manufacturer would want to do a production run and have them not sell.   You might contact Manticore Arms to see if they are ever going to do a run or will do just one more for you.
View Quote

My understanding from manticore is if it’s listed they plan to do more and if they don’t plan to make anymore they take it down from the site. This is from asking them about a aug part a bit back but that was the comment
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Join the Tavor owners group on Facebook. The guys in there get a lot of updates from places that make and sell these fore ends.

If you are looking for a Tavor that you can easily add things to, go with the x95. I have a Sar and x95 and love them both but my x95 is so easy to add things to and it has a better trigger from factory.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:32:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You can install a tape switch inSide the factory HG.
It will actuate with the button on left side.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Here's one of my two. Both have Gearhead Works handguards with SureFire Vampires installed (front load battery change).

This one just has a monetary switch for the light on the left side and the MOR control switch on the right.

The other one has two SF tape switches slaved to a CQBL-1 and the Vampire. On the left is one of the two switch models for seperare montary light and laser and on the right the version with monetary and click on-off for the light. The laser is double-click on-off or monetary. I spliced and soldered the right and left for the flashlight control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top