Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2020 9:18:42 PM EDT
I've had a Tavor for a few years now in OD green that I converted to lefty.  Today I found a factory lefty model in black so I decided to pick it up.   I noticed the new one has a different charging handle design?  Anyone know when or why this was done?  Has the accuracy on these improved from the older ones?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean the curved articulated x95 charging handle?
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Probably.  It’s whatever comes on the new ones.  My old one does’t allow the handle to “rock back” as you pull it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 12:38:14 AM EDT
[#3]
It allows you to have more leverage on a stuck case (versus boot stomping or mortaring it).

youtube video

The newer x95 5.56 are also coming with .300 BO bolt carriers which disassemble differently than older 5.56 BC
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:45:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It allows you to have more leverage on a stuck case (versus boot stomping or mortaring it).

youtube video

The newer x95 5.56 are also coming with .300 BO bolt carriers which disassemble differently than older 5.56 BC
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  Do the new ones still come with the cleaning kit?  Mine didn't.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 4:54:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

X95's  haven't come with a cleaning kit in at least a year, possibly longer.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Thanks.  I saw the pic of the cleaning kit in the manual and remembered the one I bought years ago had one.  Wanted to make sure I didn't get okie doked.  

I did get a few rounds of Wolf Gold through it today and got my Red Dot zero'd.
Link Posted: 12/1/2020 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
That curved charging handle was actually the original charging handle on the IDF x95’s. Iwi decided to use them later on the US commercial ones. It also takes a barrel band being mounted to use it. Guess iwi figured for ease of production and having the same parts on the product line was a better move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top