Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2018 10:25:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2018 10:39:24 AM EDT by Steamedliver]
I’m getting a Tavor SAR here on EE. I had asked about the differences here.

I’ll shoot it suppressed a great majority of the time, most all the time.

If I keep it non SBR, is it worth pin welding a suppressor flash hider on it? Just to keep it a couple of inches shorter?

Will shortening the barrel negatively effect the reliability? The reason I ask, I know the AUG doesn’t like to be shortened (without addressing the gas block).

I will shoot the gun before I decide on a chip, pin weld job.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:49:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2018 11:49:51 AM EDT by ShadowAngel]
It's so short as is, I don't think it would be worth it to try and shave off another inch and a half. Imho. A 16" tavor is shorter than a 10.5 AR sbr.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:39:50 PM EDT
I had mine chopped to 14.5" and a YHMQD blind pinned and welded, and it runs fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:33:07 PM EDT
Would you shorten it again, having experience with it?

How much did it cost you? I assume there is more work involved, as opposed to an AR barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:17:53 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
Would you shorten it again, having experience with it?

How much did it cost you? I assume there is more work involved, as opposed to an AR barrel.
View Quote
I OCD, so it had to be as close to the CTAR as possible, so yes, I would do it again.

As to cost, I don't recall, as I had it done a few years ago now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:22:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/22/2018 8:22:49 PM EDT by doty_soty]
I think the P&W has merit whether it ends up being worth it or not. Every inch helps, for the same reason it’s a bullpup in the first place. This goes double if it’s going to host a suppressor, and considering the Tavor can’t just be fitted with a brace. My 14” pinned is one of my favorite ARs. But if we are being honest, while I’d rather my tavor be shorter, I can’t say the juice would be worth the squeeze for me. If I were to want it, I’d just as soon hold out for a 13” X95 that’s supposed to be out one of these days to serve as my Tavor’s little brother.
Top Top