Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2018 10:25:06 AM EDT
I’m getting a Tavor SAR here on EE.   I had asked about the differences here.

I’ll shoot it suppressed a great majority of the time, most all the time.

If I keep it non SBR, is it worth pin welding a suppressor flash hider on it?   Just to keep it a couple of inches shorter?

Will shortening the barrel negatively effect the reliability?   The reason I ask, I know the AUG doesn’t like to be shortened (without addressing the gas block).

I will shoot the gun before I decide on a chip, pin weld job.

Thoughts?   Suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#1]
It's so short as is, I don't think it would be worth it to try and shave off another inch and a half. Imho. A 16" tavor is shorter than a 10.5 AR sbr.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I had mine chopped to 14.5" and a YHMQD blind pinned and welded, and it runs fine.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Would you shorten it again, having experience with it?

How much did it cost you?   I assume there is more work involved, as opposed to an AR barrel.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would you shorten it again, having experience with it?

How much did it cost you?   I assume there is more work involved, as opposed to an AR barrel.
View Quote
I OCD, so it had to be as close to the CTAR as possible, so yes, I would do it again.

As to cost, I don't recall, as I had it done a few years ago now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I think the P&W has merit whether it ends up being worth it or not. Every inch helps, for the same reason it’s a bullpup in the first place. This goes double if it’s going to host a suppressor, and considering the Tavor can’t just be fitted with a brace. My 14” pinned is one of my favorite ARs. But if we are being honest, while I’d rather my tavor be shorter, I can’t say the juice would be worth the squeeze for me. If I were to want it, I’d just as soon hold out for a 13” X95 that’s supposed to be out one of these days to serve as my Tavor’s little brother.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top