Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2019 5:36:19 PM EDT
I’m missing something for sure.

Is there an installation guide?   I have the rail and bought it used.

I’d like to use that flash light mount position.

I very much appreciate the help.
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#1]

This is is the route I went with, but I know it's not what you're looking for.  Might be cheaper and easier, though.

I have no idea about how to mount one inside the hand guard, if that's what you're asking.
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
There's a plate you have to get for the front of the hand guard that has a opening for the flash lightAttachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#3]
@sabre331

So what light should I get?   I need a 1 inch diameter light with a switch.   I’m not into the mega lumen lights.   Something reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@sabre331

So what light should I get?   I need a 1 inch diameter light with a switch.   I'm not into the mega lumen lights.   Something reasonably priced.
View Quote
Actually bought some cheap knockoff at a gun show, think a surefire g2 will fit , when I get a chance I'll check later on this week
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 6:06:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a chinese light for $50 off amazon, was great and all but died lesss than a year later. Get one with quality and warranty or something. I have a muzzle break above it and I guess it beat the shit out of it. My flashlight was mounted flush with the hole, so it wasn't sticking out
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File
Sorry surefire g2 won't fit
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 6:37:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Primary Arms makes a flashlight that will fit in there, and they have a pressure switch option. I think it was $100 or a little less.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Primary Arms makes a flashlight that will fit in there, and they have a pressure switch option. I think it was $100 or a little less.
View Quote
@mattygunz

That fits my budget fir this light.  I’m going to look at their site but if you can link it, i would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@mattygunz

That fits my budget fir this light.  I’m going to look at their site but if you can link it, i would appreciate it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@mattygunz

@steamedliver I checked Primary Arms website. Seems they no longer offer their In house brand? (I could be wrong, but I didn’t see any of their stuff)
Closest thing I found was a Fenix TK09 4 mode flashlight. SKU - 192965. Sorry I dont know how to link.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I've heard good things about Fenix but haven't bought one yet.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know if you are still looking, but I have been really liking my Solarforce L2m. Surprising to say the least.

It is a surefire 6p clone, so it should fit. Plus it is bored from the factory to take 18650 batteries.

They normally don't come from the factory with any reflectors in them but they take all the same reflectors that the surefire 6p does. Most accessories as well.

I ended up getting the bundle deal for like $30 I think and it came with a reflector. It has worked pretty well so far.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I don't know if you are still looking, but I have been really liking my Solarforce L2m. Surprising to say the least.

It is a surefire 6p clone, so it should fit. Plus it is bored from the factory to take 18650 batteries.

They normally don't come from the factory with any reflectors in them but they take all the same reflectors that the surefire 6p does. Most accessories as well.

I ended up getting the bundle deal for like $30 I think and it came with a reflector. It has worked pretty well so far.
View Quote
Pressure switch?   Once mounted under the hand guard.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 1:35:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have the handguard so I don't know. But I have tried the XM07 tailcap on it from my Surefire 6p and it fits and works.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#14]
DVOR has the Streamlight HL-4X with mount and switch for $94 right now.

I don't think you can do better for that price point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got a Fenix UC35. $89 on amazon.   It is 1 inch and has a 1 inch bezel so you can mount it flush without it sticking out.  Went through several lights looking for one to fit as I have the MI extended rail and when light was mounted I couldn't run a suppressor.  With this light its all internal so can use my can and light now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just got a Fenix UC35. $89 on amazon.   It is 1 inch and has a 1 inch bezel so you can mount it flush without it sticking out.  Went through several lights looking for one to fit as I have the MI extended rail and when light was mounted I couldn't run a suppressor.  With this light its all internal so can use my can and light now.
View Quote
Using a pressure switch?   Thanks for the recommendation.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 4:44:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, you can get a pressure switch for it.   I had a Fenix PD35 with a pressure switch and was able to use the pressure switch from that light to use on the UC.  The UC doesn't come with a pressure switch.    I believe its the version 1 pressure switch is what I have.   The lights are almost identical size wise (PD35 and UC35) the UC just has a flat bezel vs the PD which has a curve so you cant mount on the bezel inside the rail.
Link Posted: 8/2/2019 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I had one of the MI handguards on my 18" Tavor SAR. They felt too blocky to me. I have very large hands, and I still didn't like them. And the light I had hit the bayonet lug, so it was also a no go.

I still have them and the light kit if anyone's interested. MLOK cut.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Check out the bullpup forums
Link
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top