Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2020 5:09:54 PM EDT
Hi everyone, I am in the process of changing out my barrel. I am watching the video by IWI on how to remove barrel and following the steps. I am now stuck.

I took the hitch pin out and I placed a sling swivel inside the mount. I am now trying to get the mushroom nut off but it wont turn by hand. It won't budge.

What can I use to get that to turn?

This is the video I am using to do the barrel swap.

IWI Tavor SAR barrel removel.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
thin allen wrench?
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thin allen wrench?
View Quote

I tried a thin allen wrench but no go.  Below is what I was finally able to do. I posted this on another sight that I asked the question on. An all bullpup sight.

I was finally able to get it off. Man the video said it was hand tight . . . NOT!!! I asked on Facebook and someone in email that I have talked to from the board here. Everyone has been of great help. I couldn't find the right tool but found the right tool for the job. I used to do stained glass years ago and one of the pliers that I used to break the glass with worked perfect. It didn't mar up the washer at all. Once I got that off it took me some time going step by step to get the rifle tore down and then back together. It is now the rifle that I wanted. I love the 16.5" barrel. The 18" is fine but I love the 16.5".
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Quick question....are you checking the  head space of the original bolt with the new barrel or did you buy a barrel and bolt kit that is already head spaced?
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a barrel from someone. The headspace issue is fine. IWI from my understanding used to sell just the barrels (this is how I got mine from an individual who had bought just a barrel). I will have my gunsmith check the head space when I have the flash hider tighten. I don't have the tool for that. It dropped in just like the original barrel. The bolt assembly dropped in just like it had with the 18" barrel. No issues yet and I don't see having any either. I think its just something IWI started doing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top