Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2022 7:14:40 PM EDT
What the title says. Came across a picture of an Indian Parachute Regiment soldier with a TAR-21 18" flat top, with a mounted Mepro MOR.

https://twitter.com/jaywankhadejrw/status/1311704933020958720

He has a slick looking bit of plastic going from the right side picatinny rail on the handguard that encloses the button to activate the MOR sight's laser, presumably with the left hand. Can't seem to find any documentation on this; can anyone identify what it would be?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting setup. Looks like a little strap connecting to the cutlass as well, for cable management.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like they took a bent piece of metal or polymer sheet and cut it out, along with a cable clamp.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 10:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
SO on the forend, of you remove it you can remove the button and replace it with the switch.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, you have to snake it through the handguard around the barrel. There is a switch holder inside the handguard. You pop out the round button cover. To put the switch in the holder you may have to cut off the PTT switch wings. Not sure which length switch you need to use. There are two lengths. The Tavor was originally designed for the ITL/MARS optic and it has a similar switch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, you have to snake it through the handguard around the barrel. There is a switch holder inside the handguard. You pop out the round button cover. To put the switch in the holder you may have to cut off the PTT switch wings. Not sure which length switch you need to use. There are two lengths. The Tavor was originally designed for the ITL/MARS optic and it has a similar switch.
View Quote

I don't think this is doable with the flat top Tavor (only with the open top that exposes large vent holes on the top of the rifle for the barrel).

Hence why I'm asking about the picatinny button. Emailed both Mepro US and IWI US; unfortunately they said they had no insights as this rifle isn't well, US period. IWI international and Mepro international have not responded period.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually the Tavor was designed to use an integrated ITL/MARS sight that mounted directly to the barrel, no top rail. So where the PTT switch sat lower inside the receiver. The pressure switch for that was able to run internally directly into the handguard. Every MeproMOR I’ve seen mounted to the top railed version has been using an externally mounted PTT switch.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:03:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't think this is doable with the flat top Tavor (only with the open top that exposes large vent holes on the top of the rifle for the barrel).

Hence why I'm asking about the picatinny button. Emailed both Mepro US and IWI US; unfortunately they said they had no insights as this rifle isn't well, US period. IWI international and Mepro international have not responded period.
View Quote

Correct. If you do a gearhead works short razorback, it will open up that area for you. Can also cut the OE rail short or try to do a full IDF model conversion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top