Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2018 7:01:22 PM EDT
Hello - About 6 months ago I was screwing with my Tavor and managed to break the barrel lock. In trying to fix that I managed to screw up and get my aftermarket charging handle screwed up.

I can work on AR’s all day, but I have no luck with the Tavor. I just want to ship this off to a great gunsmith who is intimately familiar with this platform. I’m done working on it.

Any suggestions?

ETA - I’m in Michigan but happy to ship wherever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2018 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you trying to do? Honestly if I was in your shoes I’d just replace the parts make sure I read the proper steps in the armorers manual then do it one step at a time instead of going off memory or assuming. Sometimes failure is a good teacher.

I tore up a charging handle and gas tube on my x95 from going off memory and not removing the charging handle first when swapping the barrel last year. I’m guessing it was a similar situation with yours but the steel rod on the aftermarket charging handle broke the lock instead of being a soft aluminum sacrificial part like on the stock charging handle assembly from doing things out of order.
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprise there are no notable bullpup gunsmiths!
Link Posted: 9/15/2018 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Very small number of them in country till relatively recently. Even now it’s a negligible market when compared to ARs or AKs. A good one should be fine for whatever you need most likely. I just gave the guy who did my pin and weld my x95 and the barrel wrench and the slim buttpad and he was fine even though he had never even handled a tavor or probably any other bullpup before then.

I broke the parts I broke latter after I got an additional 18” barrel and attempted to install it without brushing up on the armorers manual .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top