Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2022 1:17:29 PM EDT
Hi guys, first post here. I bought a Tavor 7 last week, took it out saturday and ran a few rounds through it. Started out on regular gas setting and none of the rounds would eject. I turned gas setting to off and was then getting ejections, but it wouldnt feed at all. Took it to local gun store and gunsmith turned gas to adverse/extreme, went and ran 5 through it no problem. Guess i shouldve tried that myself first, but, I guess im wondering if this is a common issue or not, and if always running it on extreme would be bad for the rifle, as the manual states not tp do this. I would think for $2K that it wouldnt have issues on any gas setting. Ammo used was 308 PMC bronze 147grain. Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:01:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like there is something wrong with your gas block. It should not eject with the gas off. I would contact IWI about this.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like there is something wrong with your gas block. It should not eject with the gas off. I would contact IWI about this.
View Quote

Thanks, upon second glance of the manual, i believe im just an idiot. I didnt realize the gas settings lined up a bit off to the left of the one its set on. Looks like i fired on suppressed and not off, and what i thought was regular may have been too far past and in no mans land ??
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 11:00:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea. That will get ya.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top