Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2021 1:48:10 PM EDT
Got a new TX22.  Also have a dead air mask, which is perfect with alignment rod on 3 other hosts...on the tx22 the alignment rod is way off center, a paper thickness away touching the exit hole at about 5 o'clock.  So I take off adapter and eyeball the hole and it is pretty obvious ....calipers confirm.  Non concentric, barrel edge is thinner in the same direction the guide rod showed.

So I call Taurus and explail and even sent the pics in which the guy saw.  I asked for a replacement barrel...he said he needs me to send the entire gun back for them to evaluate.  I ask how about I just send the barrel back, you all confirm what photos show, send me new barrel....he says they can't just replace the barrel...have to send entire gun back.

:/

Worth noting, they looked up my serial number it is a brand new gun, made this month, in Feb.  If you get one you might want to eyeball it...it is easier to see in person then photos show.  Obviously you have to remove the factory barrel thread protector to see it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I mean, NFN, but you bought a Taurus.
Send the gun back and get it corrected. You actually expect them to just ship another barrel? A part, sure, I've had firearm Mfr's send me a simple part.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I told them I will send them the barrel first, I don't expect them to just send me a barrel on my word.

Touche on Taurus
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Oddly enough it’s easier for a big manufacturer to keep track of a gun in a box than a barrel in an envelope.  

Low likelihood of them losing a gun.  Almost a certainty of them losing a barrel.  

I’d send the gun in.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Taurus won't send you just a warranty part, only sell individual parts.

Sending my tx22 back today cuz the slide cracked.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If you head over to some of the various Taurus threads here on ARFCOM and else where the concentric barrel thing is known issue.  I cherry picked mine when I bought the TX22 and chose the barrel that looked the best out of several available at that time.  With my Mask zero issues so far.  I think to hit the price point that they are shooting for QC isn't always on the ball with those.  I wouldn't purchase one sight unseen IMO.  Send in the firearm since they won't do it any other way.  I know its kind of a pain in the ass but what can you do otherwise?  You could try buying a replacement barrel but being sight unseen you won't know if it will be a dud or not beforehand.  You might have to send several back.  Again kinda a pain in the ass.  Best of luck.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
don't think the threads in barrel are even any good from pictures ive seen
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah looks like it's heading back..

I have bad luck with 22s....got a ruger mark iv a few months ago ...suffers from light primer strikes.

Maybe I should try a walther ppq 22 or a glock.

I'll update once I have more.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have bad luck with 22s....got a ruger mark iv a few months ago ...suffers from light primer strikes.

View Quote

Can't really go wrong with:

S&W Victory

Browning Buckmark

Beretta NEOS
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Just double checked my TX22; it looks fine.  

It is a good host - nice full size grip.  More reliable than my Rugers even after I tuned them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had a Ruger given me light strikes; bought it slightly used.  Previous owner must have dry fired a bunch.  Cleaned up the firing pin with a stone and no more light strikes.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#11]
These TX22s have been plagued with bbl issues from day one.  Non concentric bores and chatter marks in the rifling were really bad with some of the first barrels out the door.  I looked down a few and passed on them when purchasing mine.  The barrels have gotten better generally speaking but it seems some so so ones still silp through Q/C. They also made some slight outer dimensional changes so they will no longer just send you a new barrel.  They want the entire gun back as some folks were finding the replacement barrels were wider than the their frame rails etc.......... they don't just drop in and require some fitment.

For the money its a cheap plinker.  If you get a good one they are a ton of fun.  If you get a dud it sucks having to address whatever the issue is with it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2021 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#12]
S&W victory  
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Terrible that a gun manufacturer would produce a pistol with a factory threaded barrel, knowing people will attach suppressors, and not ensure concentricity. I guess I better check the TX22 I just bought.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:44:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can't really go wrong with:

S&W Victory

Browning Buckmark

Beretta NEOS
View Quote

Beretta NEOS ?

Mine had so much slop at the trigger pivot. It wouldn't fire when shot left handed.
It got returned after Gander Mountain's gunsmith couldn't fix it.

A piece of shit, if you ask me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Even Kel-Tec will just send you parts.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
My Ruger sr22 pistol has been a tank. Dropped it, beat it up, barely cleaned, and it still eats everything I feed it...accurately and suppressed 99.9% of the time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Alas, the catch i have been waiting to see
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Beretta NEOS ?

Mine had so much slop at the trigger pivot. It wouldn't fire when shot left handed.
It got returned after Gander Mountain's gunsmith couldn't fix it.

A piece of shit, if you ask me.
View Quote

I got a Neos back when I was a poor college student and it was the cheapest .22 pistol I could find. Kind of junky though, mine also had to go back for repair and was subsequently sold. I've had good luck with my 22/45 lite and SR22, might pick up a Victory at some point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's not unusual. A lot of companies require the whole weapon to be sent back for any warranty issue.

They do seem to have issues in their barrel dept. Not sure if they need better equipment or better people or both?

Quoted:
Sending my tx22 back today cuz the slide cracked.

That's actually a lot more alarming then any barrel issue. I hope this isn't going to turn into a Walther P22 situation

I didn't buy mine for a suppressor host (I use my 22/45 for that) but thought is was a nice added bonus. I need to check the threads on my tx22 but I'm thinking I may be better off sticking with the 22/45 for suppressor use?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got two TXs. Never looked at the end of the barrel particularly. When new took the barrels out, screwed on the can, and looked through the bore. Looked centered. Have 3 cans now and never even checked them individually on the guns. No issues with suppressor alignment. Just lucky I guess.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Same as poster above. Never looked at the barrel face but looking through the mounted barrel/suppressor all looks fine. Bought in November, finally shot it this week, no issues shooting about 50 rounds. Fun little pop gun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:39:03 PM EDT
[#22]
I haven't had trouble with my TX22. I really love this gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top