Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2018 11:35:16 PM EDT
Does anyone have one? Tried looking for some video on YT on them and see nothing.

Looks pretty good for the money.

Nothing about a warranty anywhere on the site.

Looks similar to a Element 2.

Link to site

Also I think we all agree that the $85 extra for a real Element 2 would be a no brainer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly you can't build a Form 1 rimfire suppressor for anywhere near this. 7075 Al tubing isn't available in small quantities and substituting threaded 2024 Al solvent trap tube and mount and front cap is a little more than $129.  Add in engraving and stainless internals and the hassle of drilling and clipping after your stamp is approved and it's a no brainer for someone looking to save money. Agree the E2 is a better value even at $230.

This looks better than a lot of other budget .22 suppressors.  I'm surprised I haven't heard any reviews.  TM makes some nice 80% lowers.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly you can't build a Form 1 rimfire suppressor for anywhere near this. 7075 Al tubing isn't available in small quantities and substituting threaded 2024 Al solvent trap tube and mount and front cap is a little more than $129.  Add in engraving and stainless internals and the hassle of drilling and clipping after your stamp is approved and it's a no brainer for someone looking to save money. Agree the E2 is a better value even at $230.

This looks better than a lot of other budget .22 suppressors.  I'm surprised I haven't heard any reviews.  TM makes some nice 80% lowers.
View Quote
I know I have seen a few guys post links to the suppressor and taking about it but never heard one or know anyone who bought one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Nothing about a warranty anywhere on the site.

Looks similar to a Element 2.

Link to site

Also I think we all agree that the $85 extra for a real Element 2 would be a no brainer.
View Quote
Agreed.  According to the specs it should be an excellent little can.

Attachment Attached File

But who has Element 2's for $215?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Agreed.  According to the specs it should be an excellent little can

But who has Element 2's for $215?
View Quote
Gun pro deals did have them for $214 in the summer. I’m expecting to see prices like that again when aac dumps the final batch of E2s here soon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:50:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Gun pro deals did have them for $214 in the summer. I'm expecting to see prices like that again when aac dumps the final batch of E2s here soon.
View Quote
Hoping to get one in that price range in the final release.

The AAC Kevin/Ethan cans really seems to last the test of time
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:09:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm tempted to pick one up and park it. I've got several hosts and I would like to have a can for each.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hoping to get one in that price range in the final release.

The AAC Kevin/Ethan cans really seems to last the test of time  
View Quote
Thing about that is, Kevin never designed a silencer a day in his life, and when Ethan was at AAC he only worked on the Honey Badger and MGSD projects. But Mike Smith’s and Hunter’s cans really do seem to last the test of time.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thing about that is, Kevin never designed a silencer a day in his life, and when Ethan was at AAC he only worked on the Honey Badger and MGSD projects. But Mike Smith's and Hunter's cans really do seem to last the rest of time.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

And I don't really have an immediate need for one but I'm looking to pick up one of the E2's for a bargain when they show up
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:28:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/17685125-A782-4E7C-B542-7768135ADC52_png-783207.JPG

And I don't really have an immediate need for one but I'm looking to pick up one of the E2's for a bargain when they show up
View Quote
The only reason I wouldn’t buy an Element 2 is if they came out with an Element 3.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:36:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Tactical Machining is local to me. Unfortunately, I don’t have any experience with their (one and only) can offering, but their other products are good to go. The owner is former LEO and treats us current LEO very good. I’ve been meaning to stop in and pick up one of those cans.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the normal charge for a dealer to make this transfer?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Completely depends on your location and dealer.

$20-$100
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I pay $40.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thing about that is, Kevin never designed a silencer a day in his life, and when Ethan was at AAC he only worked on the Honey Badger and MGSD projects. But Mike Smith’s and Hunter’s cans really do seem to last the test of time.
View Quote
I know you aren’t a fan of KB but I really don’t care if the designs are personally his or not. It’s very clear wherever he’s gone that he’s surrounded himself with people who make good products. I don’t think he’s afraid to point that out either.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 8:36:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I know you aren’t a fan of KB but I really don’t care if the designs are personally his or not. It’s very clear wherever he’s gone that he’s surrounded himself with people who make good products. I don’t think he’s afraid to point that out either.
View Quote
Since this is apparently about Kevin now due to factual information I posted to correct someone’s misinformed statement...whether I’m a fan of someone or not is irrelevant. BS is BS and I’ll point it out every time I happen to see it regardless of who it is. People’s opinions and statements about someone and their achievements should be based in fact, not marketing BS and straight up lies they happen to believe in. Just don’t misattribute other people’s great achievements to those that don’t deserve the recognition. Based on his other post in the Jumbo Shrimp thread it’s clear as day that the guy I quoted got his info from Kevin’s podcasts instead of knowing factually one way or the other.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I guess business owners or managers don’t serve any credit unless they designed, engineered, or built the product themselves.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:13:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I guess business owners or managers don’t serve any credit unless they designed, engineered, or built the product themselves.
View Quote
I would say the credit for a good design should go to the engineers, not the managers or owners. The managers can take credit for good sales and marketing, but any accolades for the design belong to the engineer.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:55:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I would say the credit for a good design should go to the engineers, not the managers or owners. The managers can take credit for good sales and marketing, but any accolades for the design belong to the engineer.
View Quote
No, they all share in the success or failure of the end product.....but the buck stops at the company owner/president/CEO.
Give that engineer a budget and you'll have a vastly different product than if he has no limits.

If sales/marketing ran the silencer business we would have cans dying after 1,000 rounds, and TV ads for SiCo during the Super Bowl.
If engineers ran the silencer business the can would last forever, weigh 5oz, and include a built in sound meter......and cost around $10k apiece.

That's why management is management, being able to make a profit from a good design.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, they all share in the success or failure of the end product.....but the buck stops at the company owner/president/CEO.
Give that engineer a budget and you'll have a vastly different product than if he has no limits.

If sales/marketing ran the silencer business we would have cans dying after 1,000 rounds, and TV ads for SiCo during the Super Bowl.
If engineers ran the silencer business the can would last forever, weigh 5oz, and include a built in sound meter......and cost around $10k apiece.

That's why management is management, being able to make a profit from a good design.
View Quote
Bingo. It’s a team effort. It takes somebody to pull talent together and manage it to deliver a product in the end. It’s foolish to discredit the leader just because they weren’t physically the one developing the product. They often provide (or do not) the environment or resources that allows the product to develop.

Steve Jobs didn’t make apple great because he was building iPhones and iPads.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
The guy I corrected is trying to say Ethan had a hand in the design of a silencer that he never actually worked on, and the only reason he posted that incorrect information was due to marketing lies that Kevin implies and/or directly tells people, like on his podcast for example, by intentionally misattributing the success of others to make himself and his current talent pool sound like they have a more expansive design resume than they really do.

It’s okay to say that Ethan worked on the Honey Badger and MGSD. It’s not okay to tell people that Kevin and Ethan designed silencers at AAC that they never had a hand in design-wise. It’s okay to say that Kevin was the product manager and marketing guy at AAC and that he had some input on certain visual aspects of some stuff. It’s not okay for him to tell people he literally designed stuff like the Titan, Tirant, Prodigy, QD mounts, SR5, etc all by himself.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#21]
This thread sure went off track....

I have a couple of TM lowers and they've been great to work with in the past (local to me). I'd love to learn something about these suppressors as I'm in the market for my recently purchased .22 host. Be great to hear a comparison with some of the better known suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This thread sure went off track....

I have a couple of TM lowers and they've been great to work with in the past (local to me). I'd love to learn something about these suppressors as I'm in the market for my recently purchased .22 host. Be great to hear a comparison with some of the better known suppressors.
View Quote
If you’re in there area go by and bug them about hearing a comparison and report back .
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:27:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Hell for the price tempted to order one of these sight unseen/heard myself just to have another rimfire can on hand. I'll wait and see if that good Element deal ever materializes first though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Just an update, I made it over to Tactical Machining a couple weeks ago and paid for one of these. I’m not the expert authority on suppressors, but the can appeared well made and comes packaged in a sturdy cardboard box with an included takedown tool. Hoping the shutdown comes to a resolution soon so the Form 4 can get rolling.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just an update, I made it over to Tactical Machining a couple weeks ago and paid for one of these. I’m not the expert authority on suppressors, but the can appeared well made and comes packaged in a sturdy cardboard box with an included takedown tool. Hoping the shutdown comes to a resolution soon so the Form 4 can get rolling.
View Quote
Cool. You get to hear it demonstrated?
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did not
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Dang wish the guy would do a video of him shooting the thing against a E2. No shame in copying a great design if you own it that your are copying it.

Did he say anything about warranty and caliber ratings?
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:17:22 AM EDT
[#28]
I must have missed it, Anyone see anything about sound reduction levels?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top