Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:37:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to have a local guy who did all my work.....he would actually do it while I waited.  He wasn't the cheapest ($60) but it was worth it cuz they were usually done in about 30 minutes.  It was awesome, but he moved away.  My last 2 I decided to try THSF and they are absolutely awesome.  They usually get me a "job complete" email with a tracking number the same day they receive my item.  So same day service is about as good as it gets, and the price is excellent as well.

HUGE THUMBS up for Tar Heel State Firearms.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:21:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Real_PhillBert:

I put my lower in flat rate box with a ton of leftover packing material from Amazon, then shipped it two day with tracking. I did abbreviate Tar Heel State Firearms down to THSF on the package though.
View Quote

This,and they are the only people who will be doing any further engravings for me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:53:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#3]
Another satisfied THSF customer here.

I just shipped them two AKs for SBR engraving. They received them on 5/21, I got them back in my hands today, 5/26 and that's over a holiday weekend!   Beautiful engraving too. They even fill in the letters with black to match my receiver color so the engraving isn't so obvious.

Last year I sent them two AR15 receivers and a Mossberg shotgun with the same wonderful service and quick turnaround.

So that's 5 thumbs up for THSF!  

I wish the ATF was this quick with my Form 1.  

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Absolutely great experience, exactly one week down and back. The work is fantastic.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m going to get off my butt and send in two lowers and an AK I’ve had approved for a while but never done anything with.  Those that have sent AKs, do you have to disassemble to some degree or good to send in complete?  The AK is currently in pure pistol form (no arm brace or anything like that).
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
When I sent my VZ58, I took off the extra parts (pistol grip, bolt) so it'd be smaller/lighter for shipping, but I doubt it makes a difference.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:30:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone had a shotgun done by them?
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Great folks for sure!
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

They’ve done two for me. But I’m local, so if there’s a question about shipping I’ll be no help.
View Quote

Nah, just wondering where they did it.  That's perfect, thank you!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Had them do my most recent SBR.  Ridiculous fast turnaround and precise engraving.  Forevermore my first choice.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#13]
They just did my form 1 can. Absolute perfection
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

They’ll do it wherever. I picked two different spots (both are 870s) just because I wanted to see how they turned out.
View Quote

Which do you like better?
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone shipped them their whole Scorpion Evo with good results? I see plenty have successfully shipped lowers, and other various parts without an issue. I'm going to need to do this soon, but, like others, shipping it across country makes me nervous.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pitz:
Has anyone shipped them their whole Scorpion Evo with good results? I see plenty have successfully shipped lowers, and other various parts without an issue. I'm going to need to do this soon, but, like others, shipping it across country makes me nervous.
View Quote

I wouldn't have any problems shipping a whole gun to Scott at Tarheel State Firearms....I'd trust them with my second born child.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 4:36:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AF_K9] [#18]
Originally Posted By Pachucko:
View Quote

Yes, I had a 870 SBS engraved on the underside while I waited since I’m local.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:

I wouldn't have any problems shipping a whole gun to Scott at Tarheel State Firearms....I'd trust them with my second born child.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JohnnyUtah427:
Originally Posted By Pitz:

Excellent, thanks! That's definitely encouraging.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 10:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#20]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Great work, great service and great peeps! I wouldn’t even consider using any one else.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Pachucko:
View Quote
They've done three shotguns for me:
- 12 gauge SxS on bottom of receiver
- 20 gauge SxS on left barrel under mfg. info
- Mossberg 590 Shockwave on the barrel

Every one has been perfectly done. Nobody else will ever shine a laser on my guns.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#23]
They do a great job

A big plus with them being local
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:14:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Agreed! They do great work and have awesome customer service!
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Well got my 1st approval yesterday (Sunday).  Sadly my local laser engraver wasnt able to do it since their one machine is down.  So shipping mine off to THSF.  Can't wait to get it back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I was down there Friday a week ago to get nine different items engraved.  I'm in NC but it is about a 2 1/2-3 hour drive.  I got there about 1045 and was back in my car at 1130 with all 9 items done.  Excellent, fast service and excellent quality.  Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Got mine back today.  Super fast turn around.  Awesome guys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:30:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I have a local guy who knocks mine out in 10 minutes.  Walk-in.  Great stuff when you find high quality and quick turnarounds.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:43:47 PM EDT
[#29]
I went up there the other with a handful of items for her to engrave. I sat and waited while the laser did its thing. They are good people to chat with.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Sent another one today.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Sprocket99:
They've done three shotguns for me:
- 12 gauge SxS on bottom of receiver
- 20 gauge SxS on left barrel under mfg. info
- Mossberg 590 Shockwave on the barrel

Every one has been perfectly done. Nobody else will ever shine a laser on my guns.
View Quote

They did an 870 for me and it was great
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:07:46 PM EDT
[#32]
I need to engrave a 6920 lower. The question is, do I have it done under the receiver by the trigger or the lip of the magwell?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

I need to engrave a 6920 lower. The question is, do I have it done under the receiver by the trigger or the lip of the magwell?
View Quote
Desired Letter Height: Size to Trigger Area
AR Style Receiver Engraving Location: Trigger Area

Would not have it done any other way.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

If I can't do the barrel, I do the magwell on my AR lowers.  Very subtle and very clean.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 10:31:06 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Magwell, I have both styles.

Magwell
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#36]
They do great work very quick turnaround. They received my AR lower on 9/28. Shipped it back on 9/29!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Doesn't seem like they are hurting for positive reviews. But I used them a few years ago to engrave the info on an SBR. They did it while I waited and was finalizing the paperwork to bring home the MG they handled the transfer of. A+ from me
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MacAttack] [#38]
I used them for my last SBR and they did a great job. Fast turn around times, It was back on my way to me on the same day they received it. I liked their work so much that I just sent another lower off to them for engraving.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:19:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#39]
I just had a fantastic experience with THSF.  I emailed them in the afternoon on Friday, May 28th, Memorial Day weekend.  I did not expect a reply until Tuesday.  However, when I checked my email around 10:00 that night, they had replied, and said if I had any questions to text her at the number provided.  I did so, again, not expecting a reply until the following week.  A few minutes later they replied, answered my question at 10:15 PM Friday night on Memorial Day weekend.  Who does that?  I sent off my two lowers for SBR engraving on Saturday Morning, 5-29.  Tuesday afternoon they texted me and said they had received the lowers and notified me on Wednesday, they emailed me that they had shipped back to me along with a tracking number.  Today, 6-4, they came back, expertly packaged, shipped, and engraved exactly to my instructions.  For $75 including return shipping I got two lowers engraved and returned in a week.  How does that happen?  For less than the price I paid for one lower to be engraved by another engraver, which took two weeks to get back, they did it in exactly 7 days, including a Sunday and a Monday holiday.  

Needless to say that when I need the next two lowers engraved here in a couple of months, they will be going to THSF.  I'd trust them with my dogs.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:02:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
I just had a fantastic experience with THSF.  I emailed them in the afternoon on Friday, May 28th, Memorial Day weekend.  I did not expect a reply until Tuesday.  However, when I checked my email around 10:00 that night, they had replied, and said if I had any questions to text her at the number provided.  I did so, again, not expecting a reply until the following week.  A few minutes later they replied, answered my question at 10:15 PM Friday night on Memorial Day weekend.  Who does that?  I sent off my two lowers for SBR engraving on Saturday Morning, 5-29.  Tuesday afternoon they texted me and said they had received the lowers and notified me on Wednesday, they emailed me that they had shipped back to me along with a tracking number.  Today, 6-4, they came back, expertly packaged, shipped, and engraved exactly to my instructions.  For $75 including return shipping I got two lowers engraved and returned in a week.  How does that happen?  For less than the price I paid for one lower to be engraved by another engraver, which took two weeks to get back, they did it in exactly 7 days, including a Sunday and a Monday holiday.  

Needless to say that when I need the next two lowers engraved here in a couple of months, they will be going to THSF.  I'd trust them with my dogs.
View Quote

For those in NC, they are just as easy and reasonable to work with on NFA transfers and purchases.

Also if you are in an hour or two driving distance, it's worth scheduling an in person appointment if you want some NFA engravings or custom engravings. They let you/help you customize fonts, layout and depth. It's pretty cool to see the pre-engraving red laser projection, then watch the laser get work and walk over when it stops and say let's stop there or just a bit more depth and let it run again.

It's a family business so you may even get to meet a few generations and their dogs while you are there. If you were ever interested in seeing a lot of nice safes, they have several that all appear to be at least TL30 rated. I'd trust them to protect valuable items from theft and fire without issues unlike some shops that really don't have much in the way of fire and theft protection beyond security bars and locking display racks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:05:12 PM EDT
[#41]
How are they engraving titanium??
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By axeeclipse14:
How are they engraving titanium??
View Quote

They laser engrave everything. There's been some questions about titanium not liking laser engraving on some of the Form 1 suppressor boards but I think that had to do with depth cut to quickly as much as anything... it seems that most engravers are using lasers now unless you're going to a trophy shop (which would probably turn down titanium). If you email THSF, Scott will probably send you a few examples of titanium work. THSF is really good about not overheating pieces, engraving a few passes and letting things cool and then coming back. I've seen it first hand with how they engrave metal plates in polymer frames. It takes a little more time on their end, which slows down the rate of production, but they do it right and I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Did my B&T APC9K. They did a fantastic job. Clean work!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#44]
THSF did the engraving on 5 of my SBRs and they do excellent work. I sent a Uzi in for engraving with a note to put it on a specific location and Trish (?) called me to tell me the folding stock would cover the engraving and offered up a few other locations. In addition, the Uzi receiver was in the white and I had plans to park it. I told Trish and she made the engraving deeper than normal so that the park would not obscure the engraving. I really appreciated them calling me rather than just doing the work. Top notch all the way and fast delivery.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:15:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Love them. They do all my NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Did a titanium tone for me. Perfect engraving, fantastic people. Quick fast turnaround
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm getting ready to ship another lower off to them tomorrow.  Love them.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 1:15:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: memsu] [#49]
I picked up my suppressor from them at their house when I was living in NC.

Good people.

The dogs loved licking the TV screen, lol.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:03:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Sending some stuff to Teri this month I hope
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top