Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2021 8:39:11 PM EDT
Hey everyone, I was looking back on a thread from 2019 where a member was showcasing a secret formula of Cerakote that gave a factory "Tanodized" appearance. Unfortunately the thread is archived and I am unable to find his contact information anywhere, was hoping someone was familiar with what Im referring to and could help me get in touch. Would love to do some business with the guy, attached is a link to the thread in reference..

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Tanodizing-using-Cerakote/19-495876/#i5060637
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:23:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Call up Cerakote.  They are good a whipping up your own color
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting.. I had no idea they would do colors on request. I figured that you had to whip up the secret sauce in your garage.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have done both, but they are their to help and the to keep your formula on file.  Personally, I have had better luck with Duracoat missing to match for small batch and keeping code on file , but Cerakote will help as well.  If you find it, share it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:27:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have done both, but they are their to help and the to keep your formula on file.  Personally, I have had better luck with Duracoat missing to match for small batch and keeping code on file , but Cerakote will help as well.  If you find it, share it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Member @ankratz did a nice Cerakote job with my URX rail to be in the tanodize family. I'd hit him up to see what he can do.

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 3:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Member @ankratz did a nice Cerakote job with my URX rail to be in the tanodize family. I'd hit him up to see what he can do.

https://i.imgur.com/p7ZoJR0.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the kind words, dude :)

My pants shrink every time I see this rifle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top