Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2020 11:08:29 PM EDT
My FFL just got a few of these in and slapped a price of $225 on them (good dude he is).  Checks all the boxes of being suppressor ready and easy to work on. The chaos is comfortable and seems like a good deal. I was going to go back tomorrow and buy one.

Are the adjustable ghost rings a gimmick?  Are they good rifles for plinking and just shooting through the 22 fort?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
22 cal last 20l years.... Ruger takedown  so so until aftermarket barrel and stock change then GTG. Savage old style straight mag not reliable but fairly accurate. Marlin more accurate than the Savage. Bergara semi auto very accurate but failed to fire light strike two out of 30 now at gunsmith. Henry Lever Action absolutely superb the best shooting 22 I have had since a 1960's Marlin 39a.  
Conclusion buy a Henry lever or pump 22.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I would only buy one for the lite weight and 10/22 mag compatibility, the suppressor ready version is a bonus. It's a mostly plastic gun made in Turkey. Winchester does not have a good history of supporting their imported economy rimfires. They had a Russian made bolt action wildcat .22 a decade ago.

Should be an alright plinker or backpacking gun. If you like it mostly how it is then it's probably worth the $225. The goofy magazine release probably prevents aftermarket stocks and that kind of thing. The plastic receiver and scope rail probably prevents great scope accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 12:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Cheap and in stock is a plus but I really like my 10/22 with the backpacker stock. I put a red dot on it and a suppressor and it rocks. Light weight, accurate, extra mags. More expensive but not something I feel any need to muck with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top