Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2019 1:14:38 PM EDT
the megamite is $600 cheaper. but im wondering if there is a reason to go with the rock crusher.
im loading 20 vulcan and 50 bmg with this.
any feedback would be fantastic.
thanks
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're loading both, I would get the Corbin.

Look into making some bullets also as the Corbin press allows you to do that. Even if you're just making some plinking stuff and getting the feel for it. Once you have it down, you might try making some match projos.
View Quote
can those be pushed to full velocity?
i read up on them many years ago and i believe they had to be reduced. for 556 it couldnt go 3K fps or something i vaguely recall
i probably wont sewagge as i dont have the time for it, time studies show it takes a hour for 100-150 pcs start to finish. i can buy match projectiles for cheaper when factoring materials, and time.
its a interesting concept though.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 5:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had my eye on that rockcrusher for years ever since I saw it in the Old Western Scrounger catalogs. If you're reloading 20mm too, I think that would be the press to get.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
im loading 20 vulcan
View Quote
I'd like to talk to you about that. I have ~120 pieces of brass I need sized.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to talk to you about that. I have ~120 pieces of brass I need sized.
View Quote
i need the press first
rock crusher has months lead time.
i may go that route as waits mean demand. demand means they are good
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 2:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top