Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2020 2:58:56 PM EDT
I’d like to hear from folks who own/have owned Keystone Arms 10/22 barrels.

They seem like a sweet spot at ~$150 for a threaded, fluted 16.5” barrel compared to the other options.

Accurate and reliable for a plinker who only shoots a couple hundred rounds a year at 25-100 yards?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]
They are a decent barrel. Microgroove rifling like Marlin. They are on par with Green Mountain, a little better than ER  Shaw.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump for more input.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
delete
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
delete
View Quote
@philc1 ?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Deleted for wrong info posted
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’d like to hear from folks who own/have owned Keystone Arms 10/22 barrels.

They seem like a sweet spot at ~$150 for a threaded, fluted 16.5” barrel compared to the other options.

Accurate and reliable for a plinker who only shoots a couple hundred rounds a year at 25-100 yards?
View Quote

The one I have shoots very well. Shot a match with it this summer. Shot an aggregate score of 721 out of 750 on 3 IBS 50yd targets. That was with CCI standard. It outshot my other 10/22 with green mountain bull barrel same match. And that gun was shooting eley target. That gun scored 717 out of 750. I know that's a sample size of 1 though. Not sure if most of the KSAs shoot like that or not
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The one I have shoots very well. Shot a match with it this summer. Shot an aggregate score of 721 out of 750 on 3 IBS 50yd targets. That was with CCI standard. It outshot my other 10/22 with green mountain bull barrel same match. And that gun was shooting eley target. That gun scored 717 out of 750. I know that's a sample size of 1 though. Not sure if most of the KSAs shoot like that or not
View Quote
@Nyle_AR15

What did you give for yours? If you don’t mind me asking.

I’m looking at the 16.5” threaded, fluted one on eBay for ~$155/shipped.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
not sure if its the same but i have a 16" threaded bull barrel on my 10/22 made by keystone state armory and it shoots amazing. iirc it a=was ~160 on ebay
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
not sure if its the same but i have a 16" threaded bull barrel on my 10/22 made by keystone state armory and it shoots amazing. iirc it a=was ~160 on ebay
View Quote
@endofdays

Only seeing Keystone Arms on eBay but that’s about the same price as the barrel I’m looking at. Are you sure that yours is marked Keystone State Armory? I think they are just stamped “KSA.”
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

@endofdays

Only seeing Keystone Arms on eBay but that’s about the same price as the barrel I’m looking at. Are you sure that yours is marked Keystone State Armory? I think they are just stamped “KSA.”
View Quote
pretty sure mine is marked ksa and it has been a great barrel. very accurate and has killed a ton of small critters at some decent distance. groups are great. im not home at the moment or i would look
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:20:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

pretty sure mine is marked ksa and it has been a great barrel. very accurate and has killed a ton of small critters at some decent distance. groups are great. im not home at the moment or i would look
View Quote
Cool. Let me know what it’s marked when you get a second.

What ammo do you have the best luck with out of it? Is yours threaded and have you shot it with a can?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:48:24 PM EDT
[#12]
yes its threaded and has its own dedicated can. mine is the bull barrel and mostly gets a steady diet of cci sv
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:02:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
yes its threaded and has its own dedicated can. mine is the bull barrel and mostly gets a steady diet of cci sv
View Quote
Right on. Hearing a lot of good things about CCI Standard Velocity. I have some but I’ll have to grab more.

What can are you using on yours? The one I’ll be putting on this is still in jail.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:32:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Yes its ksa. Custom rifle I built off an old 10/22. The metal trigger housing reciever, and striped bolt are the factory parts. Can is an aac pilot 2
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@endofdays

View Quote
This one came from Ebay and is stamped KSA. This barrel was already on the rifle when I bought it. It originally was my buddy's 10/22 and I bought it from him for my 10yr old son.
ETA: mine is the exact one you're looking at. 16.5" threaded bull barrel with flutes. I don't know what my buddy paid for it though. I'd have to ask, and he may not even remember off the top of his head. I'm sure he could search his ebay purchase history.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Bump for any more input before I “pull the trigger” on buying one.

Also, does anyone have a coupon code for eBay? I know they occasionally run coupon codes that can be applied to nearly anything on the website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top