Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2020 6:24:11 PM EDT
So I currently have the stock 8" barrel on my MPX and an Optimus suppressor with an A2 mount.  Do I want/need to swap the barrel for a 4.5" ILWT barrel with the built in tri lug?  What are the draw back?  Your recommendations, please.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure there would be any drawbacks...
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and have mounted my AAC Ti-rant to it. I absolutely love it. It has been extremely accurate and 1st rate.

The only minor problem I had was: When brand new it was a tight ass bitch to get it in the gun. I think the exterior coating was just a hair thick, maybe.

After shooting it a bunch it loosened up a bit and goes in and comes out easy for cleaning.

I love the 4.5" trilug with can mounted under the standard handguard.

I've changed the optic and added a light and laser,  but here is an older picture, when I first got the new barrel.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm now debating an ILWT tri lug barrel.  I put a tri lug adaptor on my 4.5" K barrel, and now it shoots 6" groups at 25 yards.  Perhaps the barrel with machined lugs will do better.

I'm not much of a MAC fan, but he had similar results with a K and screw on tri lug adaptor.

Sig MPX-k 9mm pistol - bad luck strikes again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#4]
curious, what brand was the adapter?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
curious, what brand was the adapter?
View Quote

I believe it's an HK parts.  It was a pay it forward gift from another member.  It passes the alignment rod test fine.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve had nothing but good experiences with ILWT.  They’re GTG.

Here’s a review of one of their barrels by MAC

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wlj5ZL90DU
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Parts arrived. Need some range time now.

Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#8]
When I got my 2nd gen mpx. I like it Alot. But then sbr sounded much better.

No way In hell I was going to spend like $600 (I think?) shit I mean sig wanted for their k barrel.

Sent it off to Morgan after some research.
Had it cut down. Then I needed a tri lug for my barrel. So I saw that ILWT had their navy option which I was keen on because hadn’t decided on supressor or some sort of comp or who knows.

ILWT had the best price on those tri-lugs (pretty sure still do) and it worked out great for me.

I don’t think their barrel was out already (k with machined tri already on it) but either way was too much money for me.

Can’t go wrong with ILWT! They make some good stuff at great prices!
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
My ILWT with built in tri lug is crazy inaccurate, 6” groups at 50 yards. Heard a bunch of similar other reports. Very hit and miss quality.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My ILWT with built in tri lug is crazy inaccurate, 6” groups at 50 yards. Heard a bunch of similar other reports. Very hit and miss quality.
View Quote

+1, I bought an early Gen 1 ILWT 3-lug, 4.5" with gas block way back in 2017.  Accuracy sucked compared with my 8".  I purchased a sig factory 4.5" barrel shortly thereafter and installed a 3-lug adapter... Night and Day difference with the factory Gen 1 Sig barrel being way more accurate.  I really wanted to love the ILWT... Beautiful machined lugs... Shorter than factory... But my groups were all over the place.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#11]
A friend (he doesn’t post on the forums) had so many issues with the ILWT barrel in his Gen 1, he sent it to ILWT. After he got it back, it still gave him so much trouble, he sold the gun, and washed his hand of it. I don’t recall what the issues were, but I know they were functioning issues, not accuracy issues.
Link Posted: 7/23/2020 10:45:34 PM EDT
[#12]
In a last ditch, Hail Mary pass to get my MPX to shoot worth a shit suppressed, I ordered an ILWT 4.5" with the tri lug.  It shipped today.

If the gun wont group any better with the ILWT barrel I think I'm done with the MPX.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top