Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
IM sent. Your inbox is full.
Sorry, cleared some out.
IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, y’all convinced me to send a check to Carlos at BPP for his 23E. Was told a 6 week wait so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Any of you shoot steel case ammo in yours? I don’t plan on ever dumping more than a 200 round belt at a time. Well... maybe a couple 200 round belts while letting the barrel cool lol.

Curious what kind of round count y’all have through your barrels. $1000 barrels are eye popping considering it makes match grade precision rifle barrels look cheap.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 2:26:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well, y’all convinced me to send a check to Carlos at BPP for his 23E. Was told a 6 week wait so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Any of you shoot steel case ammo in yours? I don’t plan on ever dumping more than a 200 round belt at a time. Well... maybe a couple 200 round belts while letting the barrel cool lol.

Curious what kind of round count y’all have through your barrels. $1000 barrels are eye popping considering it makes match grade precision rifle barrels look cheap.
View Quote
I only shoot steel.

I have shot out 2 barrels, but I abuse them constantly with 300-600rd belt dumps.

I bet one has over 20K the other maybe 10-15K.

The 20k barrel throat got so bad the case necks would split on the steel. The other barrel is shot out but the throat is good enough to dump belts with. The rounds just go sideways now.

I have 4 new barrels, so they should last awhile
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok, sear timing question.

When 'timing' a sear, what parts are getting 'timed'?  How are they 'timed'?  Are the same methods used for 23e's as MP5s?
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok, sear timing question.

When 'timing' a sear, what parts are getting 'timed'?  How are they 'timed'?  Are the same methods used for 23e's as MP5s?
View Quote
Generally timing refers to the hammer, so that it sits at the correct height when held back. If it sits too high it results in higher rate of fire since it doesn't have to travel as far when released, and can also beat up your pack.

There is also the trip lever timing, which refers to where the carrier is when the trip lever is actuated, pushing the sear forward to release the hammer. The easiest way to measure this is with feeler gauges just like you measure the bolt gap. The trip lever has to actuate before the bolt stops, or else you can have dead trigger situations. Without welding and redrilling holes for your trip lever and/or sear in the pack, the easiest way to tune this is by modifying the tip of the trip lever (to make it release later) or making the notch on the hammer less shallow that the sear engages (to make it release earlier). You can also modify the carrier to change when it contacts the trip lever, either by welding and recutting it, or removing material.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 2:39:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the help, everyone.  Keep on dropping knowledge bombs; it's been a great help.

My quest has come to an end.  As soon as I get it running, I'll do a write up and post some pictures.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Why doesn't it run now?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]
At first, I thought it was lack of a re-timed hammer.  Got a retimed hammer, and it cured all the non-belt fed hosts.  They run great.

It runs fine in semi, with the semi pack it came with.  With my sear pack, the rounds won't chamber... even bumping the forward assist.  Again, fine with the semi pack.

So, no idea... but all of the 9mm from my house has disappeared, and it's terrifying how fast ammo is consumed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:28:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Something must be in the bolt carrier group's way. Maybe the sear trip lever? Try taking it out and see if it'll chamber then.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
At first, I thought it was lack of a re-timed hammer.  Got a retimed hammer, and it cured all the non-belt fed hosts.  They run great.

It runs fine in semi, with the semi pack it came with.  With my sear pack, the rounds won't chamber... even bumping the forward assist.  Again, fine with the semi pack.

So, no idea... but all of the 9mm from my house has disappeared, and it's terrifying how fast ammo is consumed.
View Quote
Is this an MM host?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Are you using the beefier HK21/23 ejector lever with your sear pack? If so, have you modified the the contour on the front of the trigger box to allow the front of the lever to fully seat when the bolt is going into battery?

See the post and pic about halfway down on page 2 posted by jbntex. I hope this helps.

Eta: If you are using a 21E feed block with a standard trip lever, you need to remove some of the material from the tip of the trip lever to clear the slide in the feed block.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are you using the beefier HK21/23 ejector lever with your sear pack?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Are you using the beefier HK21/23 ejector lever with your sear pack?
Yes.

have you modified the the contour on the front of the trigger box to allow the front of the lever to fully seat when the bolt is going into battery?
Yes

: If you are using a 21E feed block with a standard trip lever, you need to remove some of the material from the tip of the trip lever to clear the slide in the feed block.
Not sure what a 21e feed block looks like, but I'm using the 21e ejector, so the last bit shouldn't apply.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not sure what a 21e feed block looks like, but I'm using the 21e ejector, so the last bit shouldn't apply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are using a 21E feed block with a standard trip lever, you need to remove some of the material from the tip of the trip lever to clear the slide in the feed block.
TheYellowThing is referring to the sear trip lever. So was I.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are using a 21E feed block with a standard trip lever, you need to remove some of the material from the tip of the trip lever to clear the slide in the feed block.
The 21E feed block is the 7.62mm swing down type. It is a bit larger than the 5.56 one.

Sorry for skipping your comment, KitBuilder. The trip lever contact was an afterthought as it caused feed problems. The tip of the sear trip lever would block the side movement of the slide on the feed block on my MM21E. The fix was to remove just enough of the tip of the trip lever to clear the movement on the feedblock.

I had no problems with the 5.56 feedblock and sear trip interference.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is this an MM host?
View Quote
I seem to recall eodinert’s gun is a MM. I think he bought it from a seller on this board or HKPro. If I recall correctly it had not been shot in FA based on the ad. Eodinert, am I remembering this correctly?
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, it's an MM host.  It was unfired-ish, got it on HK pro... or at least only test fired.  There were some super light brass marks on the feed tray.  Runs good with the semi pack.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah, it's an MM host.  It was unfired-ish, got it on HK pro... or at least only test fired.  There were some super light brass marks on the feed tray.  Runs good with the semi pack.
View Quote
Sorry to hear this. I'm still without a working mm23e and August 1 marks two years since I paid for mine. Good luck with yours.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
that sucks

a lot of the MM guns wont run in F/A. Lots of timing problems due to the  "custom" MM parts

You need to find a friend who has a a running 21/23 and/or real german parts to swap until you find the problem.

I would look at the trip levers and the bolt carrier. specifically if the boltcarrier has the grooves set up correctly for the trip.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Eta: If you are using a 21E feed block with a standard trip lever, you need to remove some of the material from the tip of the trip lever to clear the slide in the feed block.
View Quote
i thought that was just for the 21 not the a1/e
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 7.62 feed block on my MM would not operate correctly until I trimmed the tip of the sear trip lever. The uncut trip lever would prevent full movement of the slide on operation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#21]
The ongoing saga of my mm23e problems has finally ended. Mike sent me a replacement receiver in mid-august. The new receiver has a perfectly straight front sight, and the build quality looks great. However, initial testing showed that it was still jamming, even with all of his recommended ammo. This time around I filmed every single shot, and after showing him the videos, he finally started acting nice to me. He promptly sent me a brand new feed mechanism, which resolved the jamming issues (I had asked to try a new feed mechanism over a year ago, and he ignored me). Interesting how that worked out.

Yes, Otte finally came through and took care of me, but I still believe it should have run fine from the beginning, and not taken 2 years and the threat of legal action to get results on a $12,000 gun. If anyone reading this is considering a michaels machine beltfed, you've been warned.

This is the last time it was shot before I sold it, a couple weeks ago.

https://youtu.be/eyfO14CfCIc
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The ongoing saga of my mm23e problems has finally ended. Mike sent me a replacement receiver in mid-august. The new receiver has a perfectly straight front sight, and the build quality looks great. However, initial testing showed that it was still jamming, even with all of his recommended ammo. This time around I filmed every single shot, and after showing him the videos, he finally started acting nice to me. He promptly sent me a brand new feed mechanism, which resolved the jamming issues (I had asked to try a new feed mechanism over a year ago, and he ignored me). Interesting how that worked out.

Yes, Otte finally came through and took care of me, but I still believe it should have run fine from the beginning, and not taken 2 years and the threat of legal action to get results on a $12,000 gun. If anyone reading this is considering a michaels machine beltfed, you've been warned.

View Quote
Nice! Glad you finally got your issues taken care of. Good on MM for doing you right this time around.
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve been following your saga for quite some time and I feel your pain.
I also had MM23E but sold it and stop visiting HKpro for a obvious reason.
For $12K gun, you shouldn’t have gone through that kind of joke.
Glad to see you got something worked out at the end.

Quoted:

View Quote
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top