Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2022 3:56:42 AM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Tactical Solutions backpacker version. What's the fix to get the bolt hold open to work? No matter how hard the bolt is pulled back and how hard the bolt release lever is pressed up, at best the bolt will just barely catch to stay open and any movement of the gun will cause it to drop forward.   The extended magazine release lever kind of gets in the way of easily accessing the bolt catch lever but it just doesn't seem to work no matter what you do.

Is this typical with the tactical solutions guns? Have two of them, identical, both have the same problem
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry, no idea. But I am looking at buying the same gun. Other than the bolt holt open issue, how do you like and how does it shoot?
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:11:48 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s hard to say what’s causing the problem without a hands on inspection of the trigger group. Either something is out of spec or there’s something blocking it from moving up enough to engage the bolt. A critical eye will tell you where a couple of strokes with a small file will fix it. Another option is to replace the bolt release with one from Kidd.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have other 10/22s with (or without)  modified bolt catches that work okay for you?

Not to be a wise ass, but maybe you just aren’t manipulating the control correctly, that particular piece of the trigger group is very simple and it would be hard to mess up, especially on two rifles.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry, no idea. But I am looking at buying the same gun. Other than the bolt holt open issue, how do you like and how does it shoot?
View Quote

I like the rifle. Its light, handy and well balanced. Shoots well. But I wouldn't buy it again. The cerekote finish quality is on the rougher side and the whole gun seems 300 over priced.

Tactical Solutions replied to my inquiry this morning. Their response was:

"We’ve been encountering this issue fairly regularly and some of it has to do with the Ruger bolt catch in the triggers. We’ve been finding them to be fairly stick and not as easy as we’d been accustomed to moving."

Without an offer to repair.

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:43:40 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are going to replace it.  I suggest this.  MidwayUSA Link. I have two and they work great.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I had one of theirs, would not work.  Made of a thinner metal than stock and cut wrong.  Go to utube and find a vid showing how to cut the stock unit.  Only a few minutes work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top