Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

TNVC Mohawk (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 7:03:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2019 7:05:56 AM EDT by Diz]
Here, here, give that man a cigar. My point exactly.

You can never tell what motives are at play here on the internet. Even if this was merely clueless commentary, it still questions a site supporter's integrity by implying price-gouging. That's at best. It only goes down hill from there. I've seen various actors here, either white-knighting on their own, or in cahoots with competing companies, that criticize other companies, namely TNVC, for the purpose of trying to hurt their sales.

And yes, we have gotten very close to GD-style commentary here.

So maybe to get back on track. The question is whether quality US-made sewn goods are worth investing in, versus foreign made products. If you merely look at the cost, then you are tempted to buy foreign, for less initial outlay. And depending on what your end-use is, you may or may not get by with it. Saying "just sew it up" is a facetious statement; as was pointed out, that may not be a viable option for some. If you buy a quality made product, from a US mfg, it will cost more, because we live in a 1st world country. We like a certain standard of living, which costs more to support. Those that want to live this way, but take advantage of goods made by 2/3d world countries are wanting to benefit from it, but not pay for it. This seems to be a common theme these days; people who feel they are entitled to all sorts of things, with no sweat equity in it themselves.

In this particular case, this company makes and sells high-end NV gear, and offers no apologies for it. It is for the professional, or at least serious end-user. The gray area is the vast number of other folks that use it for various other reasons. They have to decide if they want professional level kit, or just copies of it. For this particular item, it has been documented, numerous times, that cheap knock-offs fall apart, with little handling or use. So the choice is clear. If you need to depend on your gear, or if you just want your gear to last, the Mohawk is the way to go. Or at least A way to go.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 8:08:30 AM EDT
As far as people attacking TNVC... when you’re the best/biggest, people are always gonna take shots.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 9:31:29 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 12:33:22 PM EDT
Damn if I knew the big dogs were gonna show up, I woulda held my peace.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 2:33:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2019 2:41:37 PM EDT by lilMAC25]
Black TNVC Mohawk Gen 1 for ANVIS battery pack with HelStar6 640-04T

TNVC Mohawk Gen 1 counterweight with Manta and some lithium batteries.
Link Posted: 5/3/2019 6:05:26 PM EDT
Damn signature confirmation, I have to wait until Monday for mine now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:51:40 AM EDT
Patiently waiting for Gen2 MK2 Ranger Green... Is Spiritus Systems making the Gen 2's or is it EOG like the Gen 1's?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:22:33 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HeusHowser:
Patiently waiting for Gen2 MK2 Ranger Green... Is Spiritus Systems making the Gen 2's or is it EOG like the Gen 1's?
View Quote
IIRC, My multicam Gen 2 is from Tactical Tailor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 9:39:37 AM EDT
THIS THREAD NEEDS MOAR MOHAWK.

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:51:16 AM EDT
Nice
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 11:03:23 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

https://i.imgur.com/vXHXcH1h.jpg
View Quote
That pistol can looks massive
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:10:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/5/2019 12:22:34 PM EDT by great308]
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:
It will officially start life as a TNVC Mohawk and live an amazing life with a floppy member, sometimes even in close proximity to Flippy Boies, but will later elect to remove some unwanted mass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
I can’t wait to get my official genuine TNVC Mohawk MK CJ.

I didn’t even know this thread was blowing up when I ordered it today.

Did they make an official version?
It will officially start life as a TNVC Mohawk and live an amazing life with a floppy member, sometimes even in close proximity to Flippy Boies, but will later elect to remove some unwanted mass.
It can chop stuff off and change its name to Mo but it will still always be a Mohawk, biology is biology
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 10:24:37 PM EDT

That pistol can looks massive
View Quote
It's not small. I never think to take off the extension until I'm in the field, and I don't want to lose it.

Running it in the long config does not introduce any issues that the short config overcomes (e.g., you already cannot comfortably sit in a truck wearing it in short config). For walking around, it's just fine. I do not like how loud the short config is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:23:27 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ThisWildAdventure:

https://i.imgur.com/vXHXcH1h.jpg
View Quote
What holster is that?

If anyone cares, I like my mohawk.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/6/2019 6:38:35 PM EDT by JohnnyP]
My Mohawk Mk1 Gen 2 should be on UPS truck and at my door tomorrow!

Update, got it and it's what I have come to expect from TNVC, high quality. Now the IR marker is next on my list.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 1:22:25 AM EDT

I'm a definite fan of the Mohawk. I took half the weight strips out of mine and filled the included battery card thing up with cr123's, and it's a perfect counterweight.
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 7:42:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 11:01:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Well at least the MOHAWKS will not be getting hit with any Tariffs anytime soon!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNVC:
Originally Posted By Diz:
Here, here, give that man a cigar. My point exactly.

You can never tell what motives are at play here on the internet. Even if this was merely clueless commentary, it still questions a site supporter's integrity by implying price-gouging. That's at best. It only goes down hill from there. I've seen various actors here, either white-knighting on their own, or in cahoots with competing companies, that criticize other companies, namely TNVC, for the purpose of trying to hurt their sales.

And yes, we have gotten very close to GD-style commentary here.

So maybe to get back on track. The question is whether quality US-made sewn goods are worth investing in, versus foreign made products. If you merely look at the cost, then you are tempted to buy foreign, for less initial outlay. And depending on what your end-use is, you may or may not get by with it. Saying "just sew it up" is a facetious statement; as was pointed out, that may not be a viable option for some. If you buy a quality made product, from a US mfg, it will cost more, because we live in a 1st world country. We like a certain standard of living, which costs more to support. Those that want to live this way, but take advantage of goods made by 2/3d world countries are wanting to benefit from it, but not pay for it. This seems to be a common theme these days; people who feel they are entitled to all sorts of things, with no sweat equity in it themselves.

In this particular case, this company makes and sells high-end NV gear, and offers no apologies for it. It is for the professional, or at least serious end-user. The gray area is the vast number of other folks that use it for various other reasons. They have to decide if they want professional level kit, or just copies of it. For this particular item, it has been documented, numerous times, that cheap knock-offs fall apart, with little handling or use. So the choice is clear. If you need to depend on your gear, or if you just want your gear to last, the Mohawk is the way to go. Or at least A way to go.
Well at least the MOHAWKS will not be getting hit with any Tariffs anytime soon!
Lol - no doubt.

Love my Mohawk and convinced my Boomer dad to try the Goon life, so he picked up a Mohawk the other day for his set up. Told me it’s a game changer for him.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 5:40:59 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

What holster is that?

If anyone cares, I like my mohawk.
View Quote
T-Rex Arms Ragnarok SD
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 10:06:04 PM EDT
Where can I find lead weights like the ones that come with the Mohawk?
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 8:41:54 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mah827:
Where can I find lead weights like the ones that come with the Mohawk?
View Quote
I went to Academy and got some duck decoy weights for cheap. They're just strips of flexible lead that you can shape to the back of the helmet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:30:08 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeepinjoe17:
I went to Academy and got some duck decoy weights for cheap. They're just strips of flexible lead that you can shape to the back of the helmet.
View Quote
Thanks. I figured there was a cheap non NV price tag solution.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 11:37:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2019 11:37:40 AM EDT by TNVC]
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 3:16:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By mah827:

Thanks. I figured there was a cheap non NV price tag solution.
View Quote
You can use wheel weights too - check which is cheaper. IIRC Amazon sells 60oz boxes for about $15. I looked at Pine Derby Tungsten weights, but good lord are they expensive, LOL!
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 6:57:11 PM EDT
Well, I finally decided to order a Mohawk. I thought I could build a better mousetrap, but the reality is, these guys have done a pretty good job at designing and making this thing. And just to "troll" on that guy, I'm gonna buy the TNVC product.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 11:09:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Jeepinjoe17:
View Quote
Thanks, I got some Mossy Oak branded ones from Amazon. They're 9" long and 6 oz each, broke two in half. Much better than my PRC-152 battery as a counterweight.

Stitched into a TNVC MK2 pouch (reserved for when ABNV wants to start offering LEMO conversions for first gen RNVG's. I used to own the MK1 pouch and like how low profile the lead weight pockets were.

Link Posted: 6/11/2019 1:37:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/11/2019 1:39:10 PM EDT by KPog]
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:

Thanks, I got some Mossy Oak branded ones from Amazon. They're 9" long and 6 oz each, broke two in half. Much better than my PRC-152 battery as a counterweight.

Stitched into a TNVC MK2 pouch (reserved for when ABNV wants to start offering LEMO conversions for first gen RNVG's. I used to own the MK1 pouch and like how low profile the lead weight pockets were.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48043942187_3bea221e37_b.jpg
View Quote
Wait, what did you achieve here? is this a mohawk with vertical weights? I only have the MK1 so I have no clue.

ETA: NVM I am looking at this wrong. You MADE a pouch?
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:20:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By KPog:

Wait, what did you achieve here? is this a mohawk with vertical weights? I only have the MK1 so I have no clue.

ETA: NVM I am looking at this wrong. You MADE a pouch?
View Quote
Owns a TNVC MK2 pouch
1. Waiting for LEMO conversion housings for existing RNVG's
2. Got sick of using a PRC-152 battery as a counterweight
3. Used to own TNVC MK1 pouch
3a. Misses user-configurable and pliable lead weights
4. Stitches elastic bands into MK2 pouch to retain said lead weights
5. Still waiting on ABNV to provide LEMO RNVG housing upgrades to run an external battery pack.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 3:05:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 6:57:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/15/2019 1:10:27 AM EDT by ChrisNTN]
I received my Black Multicam TNVC Mk1 Gen 2 Mohawk in and I love it. It is just what I was looking for. Now I need one for my other helmet in regular Multicam. @TNVC any ideas on how long it could take if I ordered a Multicam.

Here's the pics...

Link Posted: 6/14/2019 7:34:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2019 7:34:22 AM EDT by DevilWillCry]
Love the MC black! Wish I could find a helmet cover in it for my pre Hilderbeast TW. Did you mold the weights to the helmet, or have it stuffed full of kit? Looks boxy compared to mine
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 8:01:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By DevilWillCry:
Love the MC black! Wish I could find a helmet cover in it for my pre Hilderbeast TW. Did you mold the weights to the helmet, or have it stuffed full of kit? Looks boxy compared to mine
View Quote
The included weights as well as extra AA batteries are in there. It's packed full.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 12:46:15 PM EDT
I’m looking for a CW pouch that will hold about 4 AA batteries and 4 cr123 batteries. I think that will be enough for a pvs-14 on a TW exfil. Any options for that?

If tnvc made a hawkless Mohawk, I think that’d be a hot seller.
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 5:12:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/14/2019 5:12:59 PM EDT by lilMAC25]
Originally Posted By SoldMyHat:
I’m looking for a CW pouch that will hold about 4 AA batteries and 4 cr123 batteries. I think that will be enough for a pvs-14 on a TW exfil. Any options for that?

If tnvc made a hawkless Mohawk, I think that’d be a hot seller.
View Quote
Are you talking about the TNVC Mohawk Bruce Caitlyn Jenner Mod -1?
Link Posted: 6/14/2019 11:28:03 PM EDT
I am. They should offer it.

The platatac battery counterweight looks good, but I was unable to add it to cart on my phone. They are in Australia.
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 12:55:12 AM EDT
Just recieved mine tonight. Thank you TNVC.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 1:44:05 AM EDT

Are you talking about the TNVC Mohawk Bruce Caitlyn Jenner Mod -1?
View Quote
Epic post coming.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:33:55 AM EDT
Currently have a MK2 on backorder. You fine people finding the various battery packs are enough weight, or are you adding more?
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 4:16:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DevilWillCry:
Currently have a MK2 on backorder. You fine people finding the various battery packs are enough weight, or are you adding more?
View Quote
I added weight to offset Duals, may not be necessary for a Mono.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 4:31:03 PM EDT

I added weight to offset Duals, may not be necessary for a Mono.
View Quote
Did you just assume I was a POOR!?!
I’m running duals too
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 11:37:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2019 11:38:24 AM EDT by TNVC]
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 12:47:20 PM EDT
Loving the MK2 for my Sents
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 3:14:08 PM EDT
Mine carries an Anker battery pack for my LPMR

Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:28:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2019 11:23:10 PM EDT by ChrisNTN]
I liked my wife's black multicam on her helmet so I broke down and ordered my 2nd Mohawk today...... TNVC Mohawk MK1 Gen. 2 in Multicam.
Link Posted: 9/11/2019 5:59:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2019 6:20:51 PM EDT by TNVC]
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 5:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2019 5:37:34 PM EDT by TNVC_Sam]
Link Posted: 9/12/2019 7:17:27 PM EDT
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
TNVC Mohawk (Page 2 of 2)
Top Top