Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2021 9:29:09 PM EDT
Can these be set up with a remote switch? School me on these
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I did not know about remote switches, but I run mine at 12:00.

I got to play with it out at my dad’s place way out in the country over Thanksgiving and I’m very impressed with it so far. The illuminator lights up everything within 100 yards on a moonless night and the laser was reaching trees that I measured on Google Earth to be 940 yards away. I was surprised how far the laser reached. I figured it would run out of steam around 300 yards.

Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:42:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I remember seeing someone who modified the remote switch for the original TLR VIR but can't remember specifics.  I love the TLR VIR IIs on both pistol and rifle (especially short guns).
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have killed hogs with mine - I also have one on a crossbow.

That said, am going with a Stiener IR laser on my most recent build.  Need to check the tracking on it.  Also need to Jerry up a different mount for my scope - one that I am supposed to use is too damn tall for the job.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:09:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have killed hogs with mine - I also have one on a crossbow.

That said, am going with a Stiener IR laser on my most recent build.  Need to check the tracking on it.  Also need to Jerry up a different mount for my scope - one that I am supposed to use is too damn tall for the job.
View Quote

You didn't answer the question. Were you able to fit the tailcap to use a remote switch?
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 11:20:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no factory remote option. One side is filled with electrical stuff and the body and latch is a little different than the regular tlr. My wife runs one at twelve like the guy above and it works quite well. Just reach up with your thumb. Pull down is spring loaded momentary and push up for constant. The rifle has fallen off the truck and been dropped  couple times and it's still working and held zero.

Switching is very easy with a side to side sliding switch. All the way to one side is white light and the other is ir laser/illuminator with the middle position being off. Neither modes have a lot of throw but decent flood and a soft enough light that they don't cause a lot of glare indoors or in close terrain.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The TLR-VIR II shines at 12’o clock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer 12 o'clock position for them as well but, for rifles that I also use the clip-on with, 3 o'clock works extremely well also.  The VIR II is useless for long range illumination for clip-ons, but the PVS-27 rarely needs supplemental IR anyways.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info guys, I think I have what I need.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#9]
TLR Vir ll can't use a remote switch.

But the TLR2 eyesafe can. It's an IR laser/illuminator without the white light option and the laser is external like a surefire x400. It uses standard TLR battery caps, including the remote switch version.

It does sit taller than the Vir ll, obscuring iron sights.

Also the illuminator is better and even somewhat focusable.

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 2:41:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
TLR Vir ll can't use a remote switch.

But the TLR2 eyesafe can. It's an IR laser/illuminator without the white light option and the laser is external like a surefire x400. It uses standard TLR battery caps, including the remote switch version.

It does sit taller than the Vir ll, obscuring iron sights.

Also the illuminator is better and even somewhat focusable.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/41t5EHMx1DL._AC_.jpg
View Quote

Hmmm, does the illuminator really reach 225(ish) yards like one of the Amazon reviews said?
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 3:11:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hmmm, does the illuminator really reach 225(ish) yards like one of the Amazon reviews said?
View Quote

I have a couple and they've pretty bright. I've never ranged it but they throw a lot further than the tlr-virii or surefire x400 IRc. They're not much good in dense woods since they have a lot of glare.

Can confirm they take the standard tlr tail caps and tape switches which are pretty cheap. The tape switch holders are kinda cheesy but they work and I throw a zip tie on to be sure. I think cloud defense makes a lo pro MLOK holder that looks nice but I haven’t tried one yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a couple and they've pretty bright. I've never ranged it but they throw a lot further than the tlr-virii or surefire x400 IRc. They're not much good in dense woods since they have a lot of glare.

Can confirm they take the standard tlr tail caps and tape switches which are pretty cheap. The tape switch holders are kinda cheesy but they work and I throw a zip tie on to be sure. I think cloud defense makes a lo pro MLOK holder that looks nice but I haven’t tried one yet.
View Quote

Hmmm, I might try one. You can get it, plus the proper battery door and plug on Amazon for less than 500 dollars. I’m trying to decide if it’s worth it or not. I know you can get that Klesh that’s FP (iirc) for like $300 but I know it’s heavy, which I don’t like.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Hmmm, I might try one. You can get it, plus the proper battery door and plug on Amazon for less than 500 dollars. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not. I know you can get that Klesh that's FP (iirc) for like $300 but I know it's heavy, which I don't like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can confirm they take the standard tlr tail caps and tape switches which are pretty cheap. The tape switch holders are kinda cheesy but they work and I throw a zip tie on to be sure. I think cloud defense makes a lo pro MLOK holder that looks nice but I haven't tried one yet.

Hmmm, I might try one. You can get it, plus the proper battery door and plug on Amazon for less than 500 dollars. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not. I know you can get that Klesh that's FP (iirc) for like $300 but I know it's heavy, which I don't like.
Yeah man you missed the ebay ones last month for like $220 each someone posted about. I grabbed two. I had never heard of them before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top