Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2018 7:30:34 PM EDT
Can a VFG be added to a TAC-14 without becoming a NFA item? Something similar to the folding type you see on the Serbs Shorty models.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can a VFG be added to a TAC-14 without becoming a NFA item? Something similar to the folding type you see on the Serbs Shorty models.
View Quote
Good question.  It’s not a pistol, so it would reason that a VFG is allowed. The foreend is already a forward grip in every sense of the word.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 12:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
That would be an AOW
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]
When this thread wasn’t moving so well I started checking a few other places and some that made the explanation of AOW more clear. So because the TAC-14 is considered a “Firearm” and it’s over 26” a  VFG is fine just as a AR15 with a full length pistol buffer tube and a 11 1/2” barrel can have a VFG as it’s length is over 26”. Now make any changes that will bring the length to under 26” and it becomes a AOW.

Now to make things even crazier Remington now sells this over the counter.
https://www.remington.com/other-products/model-870-tac-14-arm-brace
Link Posted: 5/20/2018 9:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
So add a brace, cut the barrel ever further so long as the oal is >26"?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So add a brace, cut the barrel ever further so long as the oal is >26"?
View Quote
I just picked up a Mossberg Shockwave and was curious about this as well. I don't see an issue purely from the >26" standpoint.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top