Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:59:32 PM EDT
If you are a weird one eye blinking collector and a demanding "100% esque condition" type person, this may be of particular interest.
Check out this GB # 809432906.

I remember " back in the day" when Larry at CCF had those sig 551 parts kits for sale.

I'm usually a trouble maker but I had to mention this as a PSA.

Seller is GTG and I have no dog in the fight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang, that's pretty awesome.

So what do you need, a US made upper receiver and some 922r parts plus a tax stamp?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#2]
It's too bad they cut up the receiver.  It could have been legally transferred to an SOT.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:30:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I could be remembering wrong but aren't the SIG USA 556 receiver trunions threaded differently so they won't accept a SIG SAN barrel?
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I could be remembering wrong but aren't the SIG USA 556 receiver trunions threaded differently so they won't accept a SIG SAN barrel?
View Quote
That's correct, but plenty of folks have bee doing conversions since the 556's came out. I don't know if they bore and sleeve the 556 trunion, and rethread, or if they cut out the 556 trunion and weld in the swiss one, or what. Regardless, a 556 to 551 conversion can get done.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#5]
At that price id rather pay 3k for an acutal swiss 551-2 pistol from jdi firearms
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:...
I remember " back in the day" when Larry at CCF had those sig 551 parts kits for sale.
View Quote
Larry's had -LB barrels, 16 inches in length.  The one pictured was from a SWAT or 14 inches in length.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Larry's had -LB barrels, 16 inches in length.  The one pictured was from a SWAT or 14 inches in length.
View Quote
I agree,  I was referring more to the price at $1000 starting bid rather than specifics of the kit. I do remember that Larry's were long barrel.
I think the web pages are still up.

It would be fun to find one of those repair/replacement receivers he had. I recently talked to a fellow collector who has one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At that price id rather pay 3k for an acutal swiss 551-2 pistol from jdi firearms
View Quote
Agreed. It’s foolish to spend big money on a kit when a complete firearm can be had for about the same.

Up to $1250, I’ll buy more 551 kits. Anything more and I’m out. Just spend $3250 on a 553 pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That's correct, but plenty of folks have bee doing conversions since the 556's came out. I don't know if they bore and sleeve the 556 trunion, and rethread, or if they cut out the 556 trunion and weld in the swiss one, or what. Regardless, a 556 to 551 conversion can get done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

With the availability of JDI guns and “conversion” uppers, it is a fool’s errand to do a 556-based conversion with a Swiss barrel and/or trunion.

Quoted:

I agree,  I was referring more to the price at $1000 starting bid rather than specifics of the kit. I do remember that Larry's were long barrel.
I think the web pages are still up.

It would be fun to find one of those repair/replacement receivers he had. I recently talked to a fellow collector who has one.
I have had four of those receivers. Only have one left. They are nothing all that special. If you want a receiver, buy a JDI “conversion” upper, which includes the receiver, barrel, and gas system and can be had for 553, 551, and 550.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 5:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep. I realized im tapped out on the swiss stuff. I really wanted the 550 sniper but it didnt have the proper trigger pack nor stock or bipod.
751 is looking mighty tempting though.
Mad respect to jdi for what hes done towards our childhood dreams at a very good price without destroying the market for those who already collect them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top