Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2018 3:26:36 PM EDT
My son-in-law has a Swedish Mauser with the Interarmsco. marking of G33/50 in 6.5 x 55 swedish.  From what I've read it's really a 1894 model that interarms re-marked to comply with some import restrictions back in the day.  The bbl is 17", but iit looks like it has a short (1/2" or less) extension on it to get there.  I think the extension is part of the importing hoops interarms had to jump through to bring these in.

The stock is terrible - it was shortened at one point, then someone glued a block of a badly contrasting wood to it to lengthen it again.

I'd like to find a stock for it without spending a fortune - this is never going to be a collector item.   I'd prefer a military style stock similar to what it was issued with, but a sporter would be ok.

There are a lot of 'mauser' stocks out there, but I don't know enough about it to figure out what stock inletting will fit.  I'm ok with finishing it - though I think checkering is above my pay grade.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe look at what Boyd’s offers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe look at what Boyd’s offers?
View Quote
I did.  They have a 96 mauser, and a small ring mauser (that seems to match with stock bolt spacing) and one other.  None specifically say for a 94 mauser, or g33/50 mauser.  Since I have no clue what details change in the inletting between '94, '96, etc I have no idea if their offering is close or no cigar.

Also read that the g33/50 isn't a true carbine - but I have no clue if that means a carbine stock will fit or not.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Not much value if sporterized, G33/50 Interarms fantasy mark doesn't help either. Not worth restoring.

A original 1894 stock and hardware are very hard to find and $$$$ when you do...Most people will buy a 33/50 for the original stocks to restore a sporterized 1894
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Kind of what I'm getting out of this.  Really just trying to put together a shooter for grandkids.  I can always just reuse the junk stock, but I was hoping to do better.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it's just a small ring mauser receiver with a military bbl.  Shouldn't be too difficult to find / order an aftermarket sporter style stock.

It would be nice to get the correct stock for it, but the one on ebay is now almost $500.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I know some folk in Sweden in the trade.
Want me to ask re. M94 stocks??
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you for the offer, but no.   Real 94 stocks are rare as hens teeth - let someone really interested in a true restoration have them.

I'm just trying to turn a bbld action into a shooter.  A simple sporting stock is fine.   I think the bolt, bbl, and receiver are matching - everything else is mismatched parts and pieces.

Thank you for the offer, I do appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the bolt, bbl, and receiver are matching - everything else is mismatched parts and pieces.
View Quote
when Interarm Co imported the rifles (circa 1955-1970, and retailed at ~US29-39 or so) they were disassembled, boxed, and shipped.

here in the USA the rifles were re-assembled, and early on in some cases a small adder was welded on to the 17.72" (450mm) barrel in order to make a legal (at the time) 18" length.
only the bolt/barrel/receiver had been kept together as a set when the parts were shipped; the remainder of the serialized parts were picked at random from a shipping box and assembled.

so it's unfortunately extremely common to see a M94 cum G33/50 with the serial numbers matched on the bolt/barrel/receiver but random everywhere else -- it's just how they were imported.

ps
the "INTERARMCO G33/50" rollmarked across the front ring applies to a lot of vintages of the rifle; over the import years, many different vintages of bits and pieces were assembled into G33/50's, some 40,000 in total of them.   many components can differ between two "G33/50" rifles -- because they differed when they were imported (e.g. the barrel and bayonet lug) and/or because an owner here in the USA didn't have too much problem modifying a rifle which a) didn't cost much and b) the provenance of the rifle was already broken the minute Interarm Co put random parts in random boxes and concurrently ground off 1894 and rolled G33/50 in it's place.

ar-jedi

from wiki, orignal M1894 Karbine:

Link Posted: 11/2/2018 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#10]
This particular one most of the bottom metal, magazine box, and trigger went missing, (I think my son-in-law took it to high school shop class to do something with it and someone helped themselves to the bottom metal) so I ordered replacements from someplace a while back.

The stock is an Elm stock - but it was cut off just behind the sling mount on the butt, and then an inch or so of walnut was glued on.  The rear sling mount was filled in with walnut, the stock forward of the bbl band was cut off and a walnut tip was glued on, the handguard wood is gone.

There is about a 3/8" extension on the bbl to get the 17" or 18" - whatever they were looking for.  It's 17" from the front of the receiver to the end of the bbl extension.

It hasn't been drilled or tapped for a scope, so there is that.

Thought it might make a decent shooter for a couple grandkids.   I think it's well past the point of a 'restoration'  S/N is in the 70,000 range.

It's been sitting on a shelf in the man cave for about the past 5 or 6 years while i've been ignoring it.

It's right next to the Model 54 winchester .270 carbine waiting for a stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top